New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

Hi everyone 

Does anyone know if there will be a mk4 Octavia vRS hatch or wagon coming soon?

Would love to know more details or specs if they’ve been released, can’t seem to find much info online. 

Edited by uno234
Tags added

Believe that the new Octavia Mk4 is going to be revealed on 11th November at Frankfurt Motorshow. Not sure about a VRs though.

Edited by threadbear

Hopefully a MOD can move this thread to a newly created Octavia 4 section

More teaser pictures now on Skoda Storyboard including 2 spoke steering wheel

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/models/octavia/the-all-new-skoda-octavia-take-a-look-inside/

41 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

The 2 spoke steering wheel is enough to put me off buying one. Copying Citreon from years ago is not a smart move.:thumbdown:

Ugh. I agree. It looks bad (@ 2:14):

Really!

People won't buy it just because they don't like the steering wheel.

So you haven't even had any road test in it, but you've made your mind up!

Just covering my pointless third spoke up on my Octavia now as I'm sat in it, and I must say it certainly wouldn't influence me on buying a mk4 or not.

Suppose we should expect people to hate the mk4 as they do with everything new!

• Like 1

On 05/11/2019 at 06:54, uno234 said:

Hi everyone 

Does anyone know if there will be a mk4 Octavia vRS hatch or wagon coming soon?

Would love to know more details or specs if they’ve been released, can’t seem to find much info online. 

Per text on link, an Octavia Scout and a sporty Octavia RS will be added later during 2020

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/the-new-skoda-octavia-the-brands-icon-makes-great-strides-in-terms-of-technology-and-design/

It does say the 2.0tsi (190) will be exclusively 4 wheel drive and DSG,  and later a

1.4 (245) with 6 speed DSG but this is in the hybrid section so presumably about 100 HP is electric and remainder petrol

Text also suggests a 200PS diesel with all wheel drive is also planned

On 06/11/2019 at 13:17, skoda2019 said:

Really!

People won't buy it just because they don't like the steering wheel.

So you haven't even had any road test in it, but you've made your mind up!

Just covering my pointless third spoke up on my Octavia now as I'm sat in it, and I must say it certainly wouldn't influence me on buying a mk4 or not.

Suppose we should expect people to hate the mk4 as they do with everything new!

Certainly a little off-putting...but you're right, everyone hates change.   It'll grow on them!

• Like 1

On 06/11/2019 at 11:20, shyVRS245 said:

The 2 spoke steering wheel is enough to put me off buying one. Copying Citreon from years ago is not a smart move.:thumbdown:

Citroen years ago had a single spoke steering wheel. Personally I thought that was pretty cool.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Citroen years ago had a single spoke steering wheel. Personally I thought that was pretty cool.

Back in 1985 I had a test drive of a Citroen BX 16 GT which had a single spoke steering wheel, after a few minutes I stopped noticing the steering wheel and started enjoying the drive - but a Renault 5 GT Turbo won my hard earned Pounds sterling!

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

Back in 1985 I had a test drive of a Citroen BX 16 GT which had a single spoke steering wheel, after a few minutes I stopped noticing the steering wheel and started enjoying the drive - but a Renault 5 GT Turbo won my hard earned Pounds sterling!

Happy days. Funnily enough I think the two spoke steering wheel on the Citroen ZX etc was an attempt to go mainstream. Ironic considering the reaction to the Octy 4 wheel. 

To be honest, the iV's front mask, and especially the LEDs design are miles better than that online configurator's render a few posts back, and better than any other Octavia in the past in fact. Much more dynamic and sporty looking with lots of Audi Sport (not just Audi) in them which is a very good thing.

If the vRS keeps the iVs LEDs shape, those longer lines with greater angles as opposed to the smaller 90deg angles from that online configurator, it will be a great looking thing, the only factor where previous vRS didn't do it for me.

Do we even know if those lights will be iV exclusive or shared between the mk4 Octavias?

viber_image_2019-11-12_13-02-38.thumb.jpg.0b3ff33a98bb53d413835b7fd1095c68.jpg

On 09/11/2019 at 17:05, silver1011 said:

Skoda UK recently discontinued the Scout here, hopefully this doesn't mean they won't launch the MkIV Scout in the UK.

Hopefully we might actually get the petrol Scout this time.   

• Like 1

Do we have any indication / hints yet on what the power train options might be for the mk. 4 vRS? 

At launch, the highest powdered petrol and diesel offerings for the mk. 4 seem to be DSG transmission as standard.  I hope the vRS when it comes will be available with a manual 'box - it will be a No from me if it's DSG only.

I might also consider a Scala vRS when that appears, although again only if it can be had with a manual 'box - hints are that it will be a 1.5 hybrid so that will (presumably) mean DSG only, although I believe there is now a special clutch which means you can have a manual 'box on a hybrid, but are any manufacturers using this set-up yet?

Skoda / VW scored an own-goal (in my humble opinion) with the 2nd generation Fabia vRS being DSG only.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like to have a manual gearbox on my sporty hatchback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt H said:

Do we have any indication / hints yet on what the power train options might be for the mk. 4 vRS? 

At launch, the highest powdered petrol and diesel offerings for the mk. 4 seem to be DSG transmission as standard.  I hope the vRS when it comes will be available with a manual 'box - it will be a No from me if it's DSG only.

I might also consider a Scala vRS when that appears, although again only if it can be had with a manual 'box - hints are that it will be a 1.5 hybrid so that will (presumably) mean DSG only, although I believe there is now a special clutch which means you can have a manual 'box on a hybrid, but are any manufacturers using this set-up yet?

Skoda / VW scored an own-goal (in my humble opinion) with the 2nd generation Fabia vRS being DSG only.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like to have a manual gearbox on my sporty hatchback.

Agree with the interaction of using a manual gearbox, still enjoying mine after almost 27 months and 28,000 miles of fun but great economy from my 245 petrol.:thumbup:

New VRS needs the Cupra , Golf R type performance as an option. Why would the Skoda group not get what the others have. Im sick of the poor cousin badge and the last choice of the parts bins. Audi first followed by the rest. The new octy has 3 series looks , certainly on the back pillars.

Im sick of saying to colleagues, " its a SKODA but its got this and its from the same family as the ,, etc  

• Like 1