Living With A Sportline Plus 272 Hatch

Lol....just don’t stray off your route or go anywhere else; as you won’t ever know your true fuel consumption 😂

So based on that......does it mean your vehicles actual mileage (recorded) will be less or more than you are actually travelling?

Just now, Defenderben said:

Lol....just don’t stray off your route or go anywhere else; as you won’t ever know your true fuel consumption 😂

So based on that......does it mean your vehicles actual mileage (recorded) will be less or more than you are actually travelling?

I really don't care as long as it starts, stops and puts a big smile on my face.

But if it’s over reading on the car, for every 20,000 actual miles travelled, your car could be showing a recorded mileage by around 1,000 miles less?

It all makes a difference at trade in time a couple thousand less miles (recorded) could give you a better price?

Not picking a fight but to knowingly run an under size tyre giving you a recorded mileage advantage, is a wee bit dishonest - why not put the correct sized tyre on the RS6 replicas and keep it all legit?

1 minute ago, Defenderben said:

But if it’s over reading on the car, for every 20,000 actual miles travelled, your car could be showing a recorded mileage by around 1,000 miles less?

It all makes a difference at trade in time a couple thousand less miles (recorded) could give you a better price?

Not picking a fight but to knowingly run an under size tyre giving you a recorded mileage advantage, is a wee bit dishonest - why not put the correct sized tyre on the RS6 replicas and keep it all legit?

This will be my last car before I retire so not going to sell it on. It ticks all the boxes for me a complete car and by far the best I've ever owned. When I wear out the 235/35 tyres will replace with 245/35 on the 8.5J rims.

17 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I really don't care as long as it starts, stops and puts a big smile on my face.

The truth at last ! 

So, if you really don't care, and we certainly don't care, why have you been wittering on about it for all this time ?

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

This will be my last car before I retire so not going to sell it on. It ticks all the boxes for me a complete car and by far the best I've ever owned. When I wear out the 235/35 tyres will replace with 245/35 on the 8.5J rims.

Change the wrong size for yet another wrong size (235/35 to 245/35) Whatever...I find it strange TBH

Happy days and good luck.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Yeah, except they aren't RS6 wheels really, but rather RS6 replicas and so they come in 8.5x19.

That's what i meant by confusion just above, no idea why he referred to them as "RS6 alloys" 🙁

Ah, I see. 

Wanna see the Audi rs3 engine under my hood? 

Got Audi plastered all over it expect it's one cylinder less and 500cc smaller. 

That said, @shyVRS245, 245/40/19 is cheaper than 235. So well done. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

Ah, I see. 

Wanna see the Audi rs3 engine under my hood? 

Got Audi plastered all over it expect it's one cylinder less and 500cc smaller. 

That said, @shyVRS245, 245/40/19 is cheaper than 235. So well done. 

For your info the original RS3 from about 2013 came with only 335bhp from its 2.5litre 5 cylinder turbo engine then was improved to 362bhp a couple of years later then in 2017 it was massaged again upto the current 395bhp all from the same engine. From 2018 they fitted a GPF but power remained the same and drag races on you tube have shown the 2018 GPF car to be as fast as the non-GPF 2017 car. So my Sportline has similar power to the second RS3 but more torque than even the latest version. It's not a slow car. If you ever make it up to Leicestershire you can try it.

Edited by shyVRS245
missing word
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

For your info the original RS3 from about 2013 came with only 335bhp from its 2.5litre 5 cylinder turbo engine then was improved to 362bhp a couple of years later then in 2017 it was massaged again upto the current 395bhp all from the same engine. From 2018 they fitted a GPF but power remained the same and drag races on you tube have shown the 2018 GPF car to be as fast as the non-GPF 2017 car. So my Sportline has similar power to the second RS3 but more torque than even the latest version. It's not a slow car. If you ever make it up to Leicestershire you can try it.

I would love to try it if I ever make it up there. Used to live in Birmingham and Manchester some time ago and I kinda miss living outside greater London. 

Now please nobody comes in and post about their mapped rs3 with 450hp please... Lol. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

For anyone that is confused about my spare set of wheels purchased for my Octavia Vrs245 in 2018 they are replica's with 235/35R19 tyres and are 8.5J x 19" so slightly wider than standard and will sit 12mm lower than the standard wheels due to the shallower side wall height. They can be seen on page 14 and cost £1,450 including the grippy PS4S.

235/35/19 doesn't work well on the Superb. I know you want to carry them over from the Octavia for cost-saving but such wheels will look tiny in the arches as it is an entire  23mm smaller diamerer tire. The ride might drop 12mm but so will the arch gap increase as well and it will look quite funny. I say this because I tried my 235/35/19 setup from the Clubsport on the Superb when I first got it and realized I had to changes tires...

Be sure to post a photo of them on when you install them  😃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Where to start with that really... Trump levels of reasoning and reality perception 😂   

Disclaimer to stage 1 Superb owners: The stories and claims in this thread are entirely fictional. Do NOT try to engage an Audi RS3 at home - HIGH risk of humiliation

• Like 1

If the wheelarch gap bothered me I would fit it with an airbag suspension system like the show guys. The last car I lowered was in 1996 which was my track focused BMW E36. Comfort is more important than chucking it into corners like a Golf GTi Clubsport which it is clearly not with massive rear legroom and a bigger boot than your average estate car (Audi A6 Avant, 5 Series Touring). I've decided to put the replica wheels on in the next 2 weeks after all these comments of negativity. Must be the lockdown affecting some peoples brains.

• Administrators
On 19/04/2020 at 18:51, john999boy said:

I very much doubt that even in Sport mode it could embarrass an equally remapped Cupra Leon or Leon Cupra!

They wouldn't do more than early 30's mpg though so you can have that badge.

In the many worlds scenario, there is a thread on a cupra board with an owner of a remapped cupra getting high 30's minding his own 😛 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stevessub said:

Driving like a fanny wouldn't put a smile on my face

Now now. He can't possibly drive like a fanny. That's my wifes title.

She goes round roundabouts without signaling. Other times, she signals to turn right at roundabouts and then doesn't signal left when shes about to turn off the roundabout.

And then theres the times when shes going uphill in second gear, and then decides to move up to 3rd when the car is losing momentum.

All these actions, and the other bad habits are dependant on if shes talking to her passengers or messing with her hair.

Now that's being a fanny. :)

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

If the wheelarch gap bothered me I would fit it with an airbag suspension system like the show guys. The last car I lowered was in 1996 which was my track focused BMW E36. Comfort is more important than chucking it into corners like a Golf GTi Clubsport which it is clearly not with massive rear legroom and a bigger boot than your average estate car (Audi A6 Avant, 5 Series Touring). I've decided to put the replica wheels on in the next 2 weeks after all these comments of negativity. Must be the lockdown affecting some peoples brains.

Shy, you can fit any wrong size you like, nobody cares about what will actually happen to your car or how it will look, you have the full responsibility of that, but since you are sharing this on a public forum we're merely pointing out for the general benefit that it's a wrong choice for this car on several levels. People do far more ridiculous things than fitting wrong tiny tires on their cars so no biggie really.

But so, you are switching to a non-OEM tire spec of 12mm shorter tire profile (!) over a correct 235/40 or other sidewall equivalent combo and claim you care about comfort?  Interesting road comfort perception this...

Also, this "i'm putting these wheels on now cos you guys hated them, i'll show you!!!" is so amusing. I never thought someone closer to retirement than his angry teen years would base important decisions on negative/positive comments from the internet. 😲

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Shy, you can fit any wrong size you like, nobody cares about what will actually happen to your car or how it will look, you have the full responsibility of that, but since you are sharing this on a public forum we're merely pointing out for the general benefit that it's a wrong choice for this car on several levels. People do far more ridiculous things than fitting wrong tiny tires on their cars so no biggie really.

But so, you are switching to a non-OEM tire spec of 12mm shorter tire profile (!) over a correct 235/40 or other sidewall equivalent combo and claim you care about comfort?  Interesting road comfort perception this...

Also, this "i'm putting these wheels on now cos you guys hated them, i'll show you!!!" is so amusing. I never thought someone closer to retirement than his angry teen years would base important decisions on negative/positive comments from the internet. 😲

Not sure whether you call yourself a bully or troll. Possibly both but crack on if it makes you happy.

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Not sure whether you call yourself a bully or troll. Possibly both but crack on if it makes you happy.

Explain to me why would I be any of that if you may. Listen, there are very specific, technical, non-subjective arguments against all of those incomprehensible posts and claims you are constantly making (Superb to RS3 speed comparisons based solely on torque figures online, wrong tire sizes justified on comfort when it's the other way around,  false alloy claims etc. etc.)  

You're constantly being called out on them for obvious reasons, yet never are able to form a reply that actually makes some sort of sense or does not defy logic. The only thing you could come up with was that I am a bully or troll... Well run if you like but that doesn't change anything.

There is if you need  to put bodies in the seats, luggage in the boot and maybe bikes on the roof. Maybe even a caravan towed.

That is when comparing a 150ps TSI with a 150ps TDI's fuel economy tells a story of the fuel cost difference.

On 15/05/2020 at 19:16, shyVRS245 said:

Not really any reason to buy a diesel with this from the 148bhp petrol Karoq’

003BAA58-BEA9-4C93-81DC-6013E6E005BC.jpeg

The question is what mpg does a diesel karoq do with the same driving style ... 

80mpg? 

@shyVRS245i hope you let us know the driving impressions after you fit those wheels on. 

Thinner sidewall, smaller diameter by some margin sounds bonkers in my books. You'll get reduced unsprung weight , inaccurate trip computer mpg so I am looking forward to 45mpg consumption posts. :D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

The question is what mpg does a diesel karoq do with the same driving style ... 

80mpg? 

Not too bothered as it only costs £50 to fill the tank for 550 miles. Using both cars as wife working from home since March means I haven't actually bought any fuel since April. Back in the beast tonight after a week in the Karoq and the power delivery is addictive and easy. Currently averaging 42.8mpg on the current tank but still got 320 miles left. Tonight's commute only 46.2mpg I love lockdown.:devil:

• Thanks 1