Living With A Sportline Plus 272 Hatch

7 minutes ago, stevessub said:

you can get a lot faster than 120mph my ford focus st has been on croft also and get around 130 in that on back straights, your coming out of the bottom corner at 80mph it doesn't take much to get up to top speed, I've not had the skoda on the dyno yet, it was booked to go on as i was considering a proper map and hybrid turbo

Just be honest where was the 157mph photo taken and was it your car?

Giving the Superb a week off while I charge the wife's Karoq battery over the next 3 days with 162 miles of commuting. Since she started working locally her car has covered less than 2,000 miles in the last 4 months and I've probably driven it more than her due to 4 trips to Heathrow airport in January and February and a few commutes since she was told to work from home over 5 weeks ago.

On 28/04/2020 at 09:04, shyVRS245 said:

Four years ago I bought the 148bhp Superb 1.4TSi to replace a 181bhp diesel Vrs Octavia and whereas the diesel would struggle to do 500 miles on it's 50 litre tank (45mpg) the Superb would consistently average 50mpg and upto 800 miles per 66 litres. Although the Vrs diesel was faster the petrol was more fun to rev out but still lacking in the excitement stakes. Therefore a lack of power has now been resolved when ever I feel the need. The 272 at 9 months old was the same price I paid for my 1.4TSi new back in April 2016 with a few options so it's not about saving money but having your cake and eating it.:biggrin:

Come on, this is more man maths comparing a used car to a new car in price lol. 

I don't disagree that a 272 is a pretty sweet spot for power to price (incl running cost) ratio. You really do have your cake and eat it. With the 280, we have the exhaust valves which is the icing on the cake .. teehee

14 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Funny how the guy who is encouraging people to buy his JB4 now thinks a remap is better. He must have finally taken my advice after all. On target for 650 miles on the current tank.

Lol, how sneaky trying to ****-post by conveniently avoiding to tag either the person or the thread you're referring to, living up to your infamous reputation and history in this forum  👍

For a change, next time grow a pair and come find the answers you are seeking in the proper threads, I'd be glad to help, instead of twisting facts to make hopeless arguments like this, hoping they go un-noticed...

As for advice come on, why would anyone ever take any car advice from someone who blew cash and voided his engine and gearbox warranty, potentially facing bills of a few thousand grand, only to be driving the car in overdrive and aiming for the highest mpg possible all the time?? 🤣  🤣 🤣     It doesn't get any less smart than that really.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Lol, how sneaky trying to ****-post by conveniently avoiding to tag either the person or the thread you're referring to, living up to your infamous reputation and history in this forum  👍

For a change, next time grow a pair and come find the answers you are seeking in the proper threads, I'd be glad to help, instead of twisting facts to make hopeless arguments like this, hoping they go un-noticed...

As for advice come on, why would anyone ever take any car advice from someone who blew cash and voided his engine and gearbox warranty, potentially facing bills of a few thousand grand, only to be driving the car in overdrive and aiming for the highest mpg possible all the time?? 🤣  🤣 🤣     It doesn't get any less smart than that really.

Never blown up an engine or gearbox in 37 years driving and 500,000 miles (800,000 km) so not too bothered about warranties. Had plenty of problems on standard unmodified cars though.:biggrin:

On 06/05/2020 at 12:10, newbie69 said:

Why not? It's his car.

The engine is likely to go bang with high stress - which you can achieve by driving aggressively on the standard tune (if you try hard enough). If you drive gently (most of the time) with a re-map, the engine will be under less stress.

Personally I think it's fun to have a split personality with my cars - lots of power when I need it, sedate when I don't (and why not aim for maximum MPG?). My other car is a high-power hot-hatch (modified), but I don't drive everywhere 'enthusiastically' - just in the right time and place (like the track, or an empty B-road). At other times I like to see what MPG I can get out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/05/2020 at 15:18, ChrisCh said:

Why not? It's his car.

The engine is likely to go bang with high stress - which you can achieve by driving aggressively on the standard tune (if you try hard enough). If you drive gently (most of the time) with a re-map, the engine will be under less stress.

Personally I think it's fun to have a split personality with my cars - lots of power when I need it, sedate when I don't (and why not aim for maximum MPG?). My other car is a high-power hot-hatch (modified), but I don't drive everywhere 'enthusiastically' - just in the right time and place (like the track, or an empty B-road). At other times I like to see what MPG I can get out of it.

Agreed. Let’s live and let live guys.  Life’s too short.  

ETTO 

• Thanks 1

Hi Dunc hope you and the family are staying safe. Read a twin test in Auto Express comparing 2017 Kia GTS (365BHP) against 2017 Audi A5 Sportback (349BHP) and your car won as it was more fun and quicker than the heavier German. Hope you're still enjoying it.:wondering:

On 07/05/2020 at 16:18, ChrisCh said:

Why not? It's his car.

Chris how long you've been in the forum?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Day 133 update now done 3,000 miles since the remap and 4,500 miles since I bought the car and economy improving with every mile. Current mileage 9,399 and tyres lasting well also.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Congratulations Steve because you're one of the very few who has posted their Long-Term results.

The  "Look at how wonderful I am" brigade only ever publish economy over a short distance, single trips etc. but avoid posting the long term. The figures they produce are unrelalistic and helpful to noone other than their own ego.

I asked someone some time ago when boasting about how economical their car was, to post up their long-term figure. It never happened because surprise surprise, they said Long-Term had just reset. 🤣

All you've done Shy is to post the Since Refueling figure with a economy driving score of 86 which in my experience is pretty damn near impossible to better. So just out of interest, can you post up your Long-Term economy?