Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

I've read the you should clear fault codes after updating because your dealer may be asking "questions". Will updating the unit myself void warranty or lead to problems with Skoda?

Do you experience any issues regarding your dealer? Or did you all clear the fault codes via VCDS?

And what is the recommended procedure to update? Should I do it while driving so the battery won't switch off? How long will it take?

8 hours ago, dende said:

And what is the recommended procedure to update? Should I do it while driving so the battery won't switch off? How long will it take?

Engine off, do not turn on your car. Display says "al least 60 minutes" but in 5 to 10 minutes the work is done, i did the update process two times now since i've got this car and in both times took me a couple of reboots (system reboots automatically during the process) and 10 minutes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, humar said:

Engine off, do not turn on your car. Display says "al least 60 minutes" but in 5 to 10 minutes the work is done, i did the update process two times now since i've got this car and in both times took me a couple of reboots (system reboots automatically during the process) and 10 minutes. 

Why should the engine stay off? I've seen videos on Youtube where they updated the software while driving. They said that otherwise the battery may switch off during update because of some battery saving features in newer cars. Don't know...

19 minutes ago, dende said:

Why should the engine stay off? I've seen videos on Youtube where they updated the software while driving. They said that otherwise the battery may switch off during update because of some battery saving features in newer cars. Don't know...

The 2049459/10 TPI from Skoda states:

Important notes:
If the following instructions are not observed, the updating process may be stopped and the navigation unit blocked. Warranty costs will not be accepted in such a case.
• The respective flashing data can be used only for vehicles manufactured in the periods mentioned (SW 367 for CW 22/2016 - 22/2017, SW 478 for CW 23/2017 - 45/2019).
• To ensure a safe course of the whole process, connect the battery to the charger before starting flashing.
• Engine must not be started during flashing.
• Diagnostics of the navigation system must not be performed during flashing.

I expect the reason is to reduce the chance of a voltage spike/drop causing corruption during the update procedure. There is probably a newer TPI for the 0480 update but I've not seen it yet.

It's your headunit so if you want to update it while driving you can, personally, I'd follow the instructions :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, langers2k said:

It's your headunit so if you want to update it while driving you can, personally, I'd follow the instructions :D

Well thank you :-) I rather stick to official instructions than to Youtubers. I was just curious because I read many different procedures for updating a headunit.

But is it also recommended to clear out fault codes so the dealer won't notice the update? Or is this not a problem?

1 minute ago, dende said:

But is it also recommended to clear out fault codes so the dealer won't notice the update? Or is this not a problem?

If you have VCDS, OBDeleven or similar, then yes, I would sort the code as it only takes a few minutes.

If you don't own anything to fix the code, I wouldn't worry about it :)

• Like 1

actually, the instruction states "Engine must not be started during flashing." - this to me means do not actually start the engine during the flashing process. if the engine is running beforehand, i see no issue..

1 hour ago, freddd said:

actually, the instruction states "Engine must not be started during flashing." - this to me means do not actually start the engine during the flashing process. if the engine is running beforehand, i see no issue..

It also says connect a battery charger...

I wouldn't want a battery charger connected to a running engine. I expect the battery charger instructions say the same 🤣

• Thanks 1

@pab567
Hello, I have Škoda Superb with Bolero infotainment without navigation. 

Hardware: H41
Software: 0472
Train Software Version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0472T
Part Number: 5Q0035840C
Is there a never firmware available?
Thanks.

EBAF2348-0B64-4D42-8788-BF3902C8FE81_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.2dbec9ec40869eceeae00194131e6ee6.jpeg

On 25/08/2021 at 00:27, willyfog said:

hi i have a 5Q0035864C drive that has been updated with wrong files, and now it continually reboots with the logo.
Could anyone help me please ?

Unit must be placed in emergency mode and reflashed. It requires unit to be open and UART connected.

On 27/8/2021 at 10:15, pab567 said:

La unidad debe colocarse en modo de emergencia y recargarse. Requiere que la unidad esté abierta y conectada a UART.

hi pab567 thanks for answering,
 1 - I read a manual and it says to connect the unit to UART + PUTTY.

2 - and emergency mode keep the motherboard dots together during the update process.

3 - in the manual it says nothing, but I guess the unit has to be connected to the power and to the screen, as if it were put in the car.
4 - I have both the unit and the screen disassembled, but I don't know which are the pins where to connect the power supply.
5* One more doubt, in UART you have to connect GND?
thanks for your help

1.PNG

technisat.png

Hello pab567, you have clarified my doubts.
As soon as I have time I will try, I hope to be lucky and solve the problem. I thank you very much for the great help, you are a great friend, when I do the test I will say the results, greetings

Hi,

I have Superb Mk3 with Amundsen unit and I'm having troubles with Apple Car Play. It usually takes multiple tries to connect to a phone. Also Bluetooth connection is hard to establish.

Is there any update for my unit?

Part no: 5Q0035864C

Software version: H29.319.29.3_STD2Nav_EU

Software: 0468

Thank you

11 minutes ago, anotheroneofthose said:

Hi everyone

Amazing forum. Amazing community.

I have Skoda Octavia 2015 1.6TDI Greenline. Is there an update to my system?

Part no: 5Q0035874A
Software version: H25.14.35_STD2Nav_EU
Software: 0468

Thank you in advance

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 18.19.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 18.19.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 18.19.05.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 18.19.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 18.19.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 18.19.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 18.19.09.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 18.19.10 (1).jpeg

Sorry my software is 0241 and not 0468, honest mistake.

On 19/08/2021 at 13:23, freddd said:

unnamed.jpg.f83c2e8fde82f967ecca17d646acdb67.jpg

Greetings and thanks for helping us all with FW updates. Is anything available for my car? Thanks in advance!

thanks @pab567 - I've now updated from 0472 to 0480, upgrade process went smoothly and I've noticed no issues thus far :)