KPH/MPH

My dealer DP came back to be and said they will give me what I paid for the car three months ago. In fact with the shortage of second hand cars it may well be worth more at the moment.  However do they buy it bakc and put on the sales lot and sell it to another poor buyer who will discover the same issue?  

I would have thought that selling a car with a known fault is illegal - as both Skoda and the dealers know of the issue. 

I did ask the question to the DP as to whether the cars currently on sale, new and nearly new, had the same problem, but she has not replied.   

One thing that is a puzzle is that the "voice" instructions are in clear English but "she" still gives the distances in metric.  I can't see the logic of that.

5 hours ago, Derwent said:

The other issue I have, which may just be bad design is the lack of a visible mileage reading for total and trip.  Many folk will need to log their mileage for business etc.  There is a screen you can find eventually that shows total mileage and miles so far today but I can't see how to zero it.

have a twiddle with the display in the centre of the speedo in the virtual cockpit.

use the silver switch/roller on the right side of the steering wheel.

you get the option to display distance since start, since refuel, long term. The first and last of those three can be reset using the same menu.

alternatively, turn off the cruise control and the total mileage is displayed in place of the CC/ACC symbols. You can then use that to calculate the trip as need be.

On our Octavia iV the total mileage is shown in the same place as cruise control settings, so if CC is off, then you'll get the value. Trip mileage is on the bottom right.  The LH virtual instrument display can be set to show several values - oil and water temp etc - but I have the remaining battery % on display. If you select Vehicle - Data the it shows current journey, since refill and long-term values for mpg, remaining range etc. data,

Must still be in that meeting..... 

Does anyone know what options there are going forward? 

Ie, if we continue to wait, can we demand they either give us our car back fixed or another of a similar spec?

Or, would we have to accept a return of our money, even though it is now worth more than we bought it for?

Just curious to know what options are in front of us if they can't fix it (which is looking more likely for many of us).

Edited by neonplanet40

Well im pleased to say 8m the proud owner of a Skoda Superb Technology .Skoda in Wakefield approached me and asked if I would like to "get out of the Octavia " at no cost to me.I jumped at the chance to get rid of the nightmare car.There was a small payment to make but Skoda UK made a pleasant contribution.All I can say to you guys is kick up a fuss and get stuck in and you will get it sorted.

Lucky you. The inconsistent approach is hardly good customer service. They have been an utter shambles so far. I can't believe how poor this experience continues to be. The fact some of us still don't have our car after such a long time is unacceptable. The lack of ANY resolution date is inexcusable. I really will never buy another car from them. Such a shame after the great experience I've had and continue to have with my older Superb. I'm at the end of my tether really. I don't understand how they believe a wait of this length is 'okay'. And for customer services not to have contacted me in 3 months is **** poor. 

Edited by neonplanet40

I had to borrow my sons 2020 superb to drive to spain due to my Octavia not arriving on time.i was a bit worried about the head light left to right and sat nav in kilometres my fears were unfounded .on arrival at bilbao I put destination in Spain and sat nav went straight to kilometres and headlights changed over to righthand side.i even checked to see if headlight had changed over and it had done so.the only problem I had was how powerful the headlight were and a few times I thought I was on full beam.mind you only flashed 3/4 time on a 560mile trip during a night time drive.so everything was spot on.

I have contacted her a few times since she stopped giving me my 'weekly generic update' almost 3 months ago. She has not responded to me. 

I contacted my local dealer (who are part of the same branch we bought our car from) for an update who said:

"

Good afternoon 

We were in communication direct with the factory and have since been waiting on a response/reply from them.

I have kept Kate at SKODA UK updated with where we are

Regards"

So no update. At all. 7 months in. 

35 minutes ago, neonplanet40 said:

I have contacted her a few times since she stopped giving me my 'weekly generic update' almost 3 months ago. She has not responded to me. 

I contacted my local dealer (who are part of the same branch we bought our car from) for an update who said:

"

Good afternoon 

We were in communication direct with the factory and have since been waiting on a response/reply from them.

I have kept Kate at SKODA UK updated with where we are

Regards"

So no update. At all. 7 months in. 

Last week, the email update I got was that I would be called this week to provide an update, so I assume they must be close to making their decision for the resolution...

My final call with Kate was to inform her that my local dealer had offered to exchange my Octavia for a Superb, but she said they had trialed a solution and there would be a decision about three weeks ago ,I wonder if its gone tits up or is too expensive to solve.Good luck folks but I would be planning Plan B which would be take my car back to the dealership where I bought it and sit outside making a noise about the problems with the car ,specifically on a Sat afternoon.Talking to a salesman at the dealership the issues are well known at Skoda ,maybe another route is to contact  motoring journalist .

4 hours ago, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

My final call with Kate ...       ... but she said they had trialed a solution and there would be a decision about three weeks ago ,I wonder if its gone tits up or is too expensive to...

My car was one of two intended trial vehicles. Not sure what happened with the second as last I heard Skoda UK had not had feedback. As for mine, the KPH/MPH issue is fixed with about 1000 miles since I picked it up. However, I now have the SOS pop/click sound. Booked in for a further update in a couple of weeks time.

Prior to mine being taken off the road back in April I had not experienced the SOS issue so maybe they are awaiting the outcome of that further update before a wider roll-out just in case there is a link.

First may I please express my sorrow that you are all still left floundering by repeated hollow promises and no positivity for the Brand.  I also had a MK4 1st Edition and first began complaining 12 months ago and after directly contacting Pietro Panarisi ([email protected]) Head of Press & PR  he directed Stephanie Keenan ([email protected]) their Brand Liaison Manager Tel 01137334219 to oversee my case.  Sadly that result was incredibly similar to your current comments and the 'words' are strikingly the same.  Fortunately my dealership was completely on-side and I took a full refund last May.  During the whole debacle I never received any support whatsoever via Skoda UK.  Together with other affected owners I contacted Honest John but to be fair that came to very little.

I find it very difficult to understand why this has never hit the mainstream press and personally I would advocate contact with someone like Matt Allbright at the BBC or Rip Off Britain as you will need to create a media storm if you are to achieve your just deserts.  They cannot be allowed to continue to ride rough-shod over their customers.

I wish you the best of luck and do hope that you achieve a satisfactory outcome at no loss to yourselves.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nosnehm said:

First may I please express my sorrow that you are all still left floundering by repeated hollow promises and no positivity for the Brand.  I also had a MK4 1st Edition and first began complaining 12 months ago and after directly contacting Pietro Panarisi (pietro.panarisi@skoda.co.uk) Head of Press & PR  he directed Stephanie Keenan (stephanie.keenan@skoda.co.uk) their Brand Liaison Manager Tel 01137334219 to oversee my case.  Sadly that result was incredibly similar to your current comments and the 'words' are strikingly the same.  Fortunately my dealership was completely on-side and I took a full refund last May.  During the whole debacle I never received any support whatsoever via Skoda UK.  Together with other affected owners I contacted Honest John but to be fair that came to very little.

I find it very difficult to understand why this has never hit the mainstream press and personally I would advocate contact with someone like Matt Allbright at the BBC or Rip Off Britain as you will need to create a media storm if you are to achieve your just deserts.  They cannot be allowed to continue to ride rough-shod over their customers.

I wish you the best of luck and do hope that you achieve a satisfactory outcome at no loss to yourselves.

55 minutes ago, sneal said:

My car was one of two intended trial vehicles. Not sure what happened with the second as last I heard Skoda UK had not had feedback. As for mine, the KPH/MPH issue is fixed with about 1000 miles since I picked it up. However, I now have the SOS pop/click sound. Booked in for a further update in a couple of weeks time.

Prior to mine being taken off the road back in April I had not experienced the SOS issue so maybe they are awaiting the outcome of that further update before a wider roll-out just in case there is a link.

Just now, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

23 hours ago, Nosnehm said:

First may I please express my sorrow that you are all still left floundering by repeated hollow promises and no positivity for the Brand.  I also had a MK4 1st Edition and first began complaining 12 months ago and after directly contacting Pietro Panarisi ([email protected]) Head of Press & PR  he directed Stephanie Keenan ([email protected]) their Brand Liaison Manager Tel 01137334219 to oversee my case.  Sadly that result was incredibly similar to your current comments and the 'words' are strikingly the same.  Fortunately my dealership was completely on-side and I took a full refund last May.  During the whole debacle I never received any support whatsoever via Skoda UK.  Together with other affected owners I contacted Honest John but to be fair that came to very little.

I'm another ex-Octavia owner. I was lined up for an interview with Rip-Off Britain back in March, I'd signed the disclaimers and was all set for a video interview which was called off at the last minute. Skoda had replied to their request for comment and given the impression that they were all over the problem with a solution imminent. A few weeks later, I'd rejected my car and was on my way to buying it's replacement. 

I still can't believe that we're still here, nearly 7 months later and it's not moved any further forward! I'd recommend getting in touch with them again en-masse and see if they want to take up the case.

1 hour ago, fox2319 said:

I still can't believe that we're still here, nearly 7 months later and it's not moved any further forward!

To be fair, that is a bit harsh. There is progress, it is moved on, albeit not as much as many would like.

My car has the trial fix implemented and it has resolved the KPH/MPH issue. The question remaining for many is when will the wider roll-out begin - but, as the fix involved a replacement virtual cockpit unit I guess it is delayed, in part, by the worldwide microprocessor shortage.

A trial fix in one car is t exactly a move forward to be honest. For 7 months that minute amount of progress should be an embarrassment for a company of this size. And having to be without a car which you have bought for 7 months should say it all really. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to be getting worse. My last email from Kate Laws was on 14th October. I sent a reply mentioning compensation. This was acknowledged on 20th October since when nothing.