Tiers, Lockdowns & Vaccinations

cheezemonkhai

10 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Starmer was rather good on pointing out that when Boris had to abstained he went to Afghanistan.

I was watching, yes nice comeback I thought. Adding that he charges the taxpayer £20,000 for it  :D 

Edited by Lee01
  • Like 1

science fact is backed up by peer reviewed research...

conspiracy and anti vax viral hoax etc is backed up by.... nothing.

now on topic...

we have been stepped back down to our level 3 with a plan to relax more for christmas. 

i predict early january spike in numbers and back up to level 5 again by January 12th

• Like 3

Today Politicians and others that are supposed to be influencers are talking about being there when they can rolling up their sleeve and getting the vacine.

I wonder how the Anti-Vaccine crowd would get on if they start posting that the vaccine is not a case of rolling up the sleeve but dropping the pants and a jab in the buttocks.

Fake news obviously.

?

Why when we were young where injections done into the buttock, was that really needed or is that a scandal waiting for an inquiry.

ie, just fun for those giving the jab / jag!

Would like to just clarify, are we only allowed to talk about what the government and national news outlets tell us to be the true facts?

Edited by GUESTY
  • Haha 2
  • Groan 2

no, you can voice an opinion. 

we just dont peddle bull**** as it can be damaging to society as a whole..

bear in mind twitter even started marking things as harmful, and today Facebook said they will be removing anything that undermines a vaccine programme such as guff about microchips in the c19 vaccine etc... so its not just brisky preferring science to be used in discussion.

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 2

So the government, Twitter and Facebook don't damage society? 🤔 So it's just up to these trusting people and companies to get all our factual information from? And everyone who doesn't agree should keep their mouth shut? People died for free speech! and look what's happening to it.

Edited by GUESTY
  • Groan 1

Twitter and Facebook are a source of uneducated spouting of complete borrox as fact, then being picked up and repeated ad infinitum.

You’re free to spout your theories, but just as you are free to do, everyone is free to rip into you/them and disprove them.

If you have rigorous proof you are right then you can of course counter.

I am also entitled to the opinion that people spouting anti vax should be prevented from getting a vaccine and made to pay for any treatment they need that could have been prevented by a vaccine.

These views could mean that a sufficiently large chunk of the population don’t get immunity and so we never beat this or other diseases.

Frankly there is something called the greater good. I have no issues with private businesses refusing to serve People who are unvaccinated as it is a risk to their staff, other customers and their businesses.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, GUESTY said:

So the government, Twitter and Facebook don't damage society? 🤔 So it's just up to these trusting people and companies to get all our factual information from? 

Where do you get your factual information from? 

What makes it more factual? 

Are you 100% certain these sources aren't the same dark forces they are actually warning you against? 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Twitter and Facebook are a source of uneducated spouting of complete borrox as fact, then being picked up and repeated ad infinitum.

You’re free time spout your theories, but just as you are free to do, everyone is free to rip into you/them and disprove them.

If you have rigorous proof you are right then you can of course counter.

I am also entitled to the opinion that people spouting anti vax should be prevented from getting a vaccine and made to pay for any treatment They need that could have been prevented by a vaccine.

These views could mean that a sufficiently large chunk of the population don’t get immunity and so we never beat this or other diseases.

Frankly there is something called the greater good. I have no issues with private businesses refusing to serve People who are unvaccinated as it is a risk to their staff, other customers and their businesses.

The government are employing psychologists to ask for advice on how to get the population to have this vaccine and getting celebrities to endorse it. And they are talking about banning people from going to the pub, cinema, bowling if they don't have the vaccine. Looks like I will be stopping at home for a while. And I don't mind not having the vaccine and not going to the NHS for treatment, but the government will have to lower the tax I pay so I can pay for private healthcare. Which I would prefer to do anyway.

Edited by GUESTY
  • Groan 1

Just now, GUESTY said:

Oh here we go. Forced vacations now. The government are employing psychologists to ask for advice on how to get the population to have this vaccine and getting celebrities to endorse it. And they are talking about banning people from going to the pub, cinema, bowling if they don't have the vaccine. Looks like I will be stopping at home for a while. 

Prove your claims 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, john999boy said:

No @GUESTY do not even attempt to as that may be your last post on Briskoda!

I'm not breaking any rules? The last paragraph was all said on BBC radio WM news report, 2 days ago.

Edited by GUESTY
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GUESTY said:

I'm not breaking any rules? The last paragraph was all said on BBC radio 2, 2 days ago.

From the Site Guidelines which you obviously didn't read yesterday:

Posting is a privilege not a right.

This is a privately owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of site resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GUESTY said:

Oh here we go. Forced vacations now. The government are employing psychologists to ask for advice on how to get the population to have this vaccine and getting celebrities to endorse it. And they are talking about banning people from going to the pub, cinema, bowling if they don't have the vaccine. Looks like I will be stopping at home for a while. And I don't mind not having the vaccine and not going to the NHS for treatment, but the government will have to lower the tax I pay so I can pay for private healthcare. Which I would prefer to do anyway.

It isn’t forced.

You are 100% free to not have it.

However if you think they don’t work, then you think it won’t stop you getting COVID. 
So other people are 100% free to not fund treatment that could have been prevented.

Businesses are free to choose if they serve you or not. Private healthcare is a business and may decide they don’t want to treat you or take a risk of harming their other customers.

You’re free to have your choices and so is everyone else.

All decisions have consequences so if you think the vaccine is evil, then you are 100% free to weigh up pros and cons and to not have it. You still can’t have it both ways.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Like 3

My government has been paying me to not work since March, I am ready willing and eager for a forced vacation, bring it on :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

From the Site Guidelines which you obviously didn't read yesterday:

Posting is a privilege not a right.

This is a privately owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of site resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation.

Ok no problem I was only asking to clarify what we was allowed to talk about and people responded then so did I. 

27 minutes ago, GUESTY said:

Yes total agree it's your own choice. But if they stop the NHS heath care which I pay for, I would want a reduction in the tax I pay so I can pay for private healthcare.

You are free to make that argument and if you are not successful in convincing those you need to, even free to form political party and stand for election on that mandate.

Beauty of a democratic system and the freedoms we enjoy in this country.

@GUESTY

The vaccine roll out in Scotland which is part of the UK is starting like very very soon, those giving the vaccine & carers first and then those in homes.

Only issue they have to go to the vaccine, the vaccine might not be able to go to them.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55156783

Now it is being asked, how can it start in Scotland before in England.

Some will say, remember the Poll Tax.

So the First Minister said, no 'immunity passport and no compulsion'.  But then i heard her actually saying that.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/nicola-sturgeon-announcement-covid-19-19393120

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 22.02.01.png

Edited by e-Roottoot

• 2 weeks later...

What amazes me is that the politicians keep using the phrase "responsible behaviour" - I don't see a lot of politicians doing that, nor are a small but significant minority of the general public doing that.

Lockdown 3 for Wales confirmed for December 28th, how long before also confirmed for England, Scotland and Northern Ireland?

• Like 1

I think that the celebs that are caught breaking the rules, particularly one who is caught once and offers to pay a fine, then is caught out for an offence of not self isolating should have the book thrown at them.

Maximum fines and potentially even time in a cell if they refuse to comply (Say 15 days).

Ditto for the politicians, public figures and well off who flout the rules because they don't apply to them.

Not sure if anyone else heard about the London barbour with a bar/nightclub under it that got raided with a pretty full nightclub.

Frankly selfish behaviour by the owners and the customer.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/hairdresser-faces-c2-a310000-fine-after-opening-lockdown-club-in-basement/ar-BB1bWMZz

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-london-hairdresser-facing-10-000-fine-after-turning-salon-basement-into-makeshift-club-12162646

Sorry about the source, but it has a video showing the raid:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9055203/Coronavirus-UK-Police-catch-100-revellers-speakeasy-style-nightclub-Soho-hairdresser.html

Edited by cheezemonkhai
links to incident.