2021 F1 Discussion

camelspyyder

3 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Almost a week later, Horner still moaning and threatening the FIA and Mercedes with legal action.

Says the damage to the car is $1.8 million...

"Motorsport is dangerous. You enter and attend events at your own risk". It says so on the back of every ticket. Plus there's evidence the stewards of the meeting didn't have during the race, clearly showing Max turning in on Lewis.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

"Motorsport is dangerous. You enter and attend events at your own risk". It says so on the back of every ticket. Plus there's evidence the stewards of the meeting didn't have during the race, clearly showing Max turning in on Lewis.

Surprised if the stewards didnt have access to all the onboard cameras to be honest. For me (like you) that camera is the one that puts 30-40%+ blame on Max.

I think RedBulls "evidence" is limited to Hamiltons excessive entry speed to the corner?

It seems that a ' racing incident' will soon be a thing of the past with F1 &  MotoGP series now regularly penalising what was considered to be an audacious overtake. The sort of move eulogised by commentators over the last few years as the new young guns went for 'impossible' overtakes against the established drivers. Hamilton was penalised for not leaving enough space last year in a similar incident. I think at Silverstone he just decided to out-max Max Verstappen, king of the new tough guys. I fully expect Verstappen to become more aggressive/reckless. 

1 hour ago, Redboy said:

I fully expect Verstappen to become more aggressive/reckless. 

Hope not, he doesn’t need to be, imo.  

Edited by Baxlin

4 hours ago, Baxlin said:

Hope not, he doesn’t need to be, imo.  

He doesnt, but he has already made several "yield or crash" moves on Hamilton this year.

If Max just gets on with driving the clearly fastest car of the year and not taking excess risks, he'll romp to the title.

As it is, he cant afford another 30 point swing by needlessly colliding with the opposition when he could have backed out, like Hamilton did earlier in the lap when Max came up the inside like a missile.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 3

RedBull are protesting the result of the previous race.:dull:

Maybe Mercedes will then protest Imola, after all Max did run Lewis off at turn 1 breaking his front wing...

Perhaps F1 shouldn't have stewards, or rules, or indeed anything that RB doesnt approve of.

If I was at the FIA I'd be tempted to slap RBR for bringing  the sport into disrepute by undermining the rules and regulators.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

RBR need to look back at earlier yeas of F1 where the racing was far more 'intense' - and far better to watch - and stop acting like children IMHO.

F1 is RACING not driving to the local supermarket!

• Like 1

The incident took place at approximately 180mph and both drivers had fractions of a sec to react ,in fact red bull acted quicker running and crying to the stewards and then all the stewards took quite a time to deliberate all the video evidence and came to a decision which penalised Hamilton/merc ,which they eventually overcame but no two weeks after the incident RB are still bleating,shame on them and the sport for allowing this.PS please could the stewards and governing body look again at the incident involving Damian hill and shuee which cost Damian a world championship😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sad555 said:

PS please could the stewards and governing body look again at the incident involving Damian hill and shuee which cost Damian a world championship😀

Why I can never respect Michael Schumacher as a driver despite his obvious driving skill. There's no need for Verstappen to go down the same route...

2 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@Sad555 - So, if Vercrashen had turned into Hamilton deliberately (He did; watch Lewis' onboard) but Lewis had crashed, there was no case to answer (based on relevant case law).

Quite agree ,I think it’s all a storm in a RB tea cup and if it takes lawyers to decide over racing stewards, weeks after the actual incident the sports gone wrong.PS I would still like the Damian/ shuee incident investigated😀

4 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

Quite agree ,I think it’s all a storm in a RB tea cup and if it takes lawyers to decide over racing stewards, weeks after the actual incident the sports gone wrong.PS I would still like the Damian/ shuee incident investigated😀

Damon

1 hour ago, Baxlin said:

Damon

👍 I must be in a particular good mood today,I’ve used up all my likes so it’s a 👍 from me

• Haha 1

This is all a bit child's play, BUT if the roles had been reversed with Hamilton on the outside and on the trajectory into the tyres he would have been the first and also loudest to whinge and complain......

Edited by 26DIPP

54 minutes ago, 26DIPP said:

This is all a bit child's play, BUT if the roles had been reversed with Hamilton on the outside and on the trajectory into the tyres he would have been the first and also loudest to whinge and complain......

He may have.... Or not..

We can only speculate. 

If it did (happen), though, I doubt Mercedes would be whinging like girls about it in the same way rbr are. 

1 hour ago, 26DIPP said:

The exact scenario that played out at Copse on lap 1 of Saturdays sprint race, the day before. Hamilton was on the outside that time, but was mature enough to back out if it rather than crash?

• Like 1

Despite the fact that Red Bull have what seems to be a superior car and  a good chance of winning the championship, The post-race scuffling shows how desperate the team is to overcome years of Mercedes dominance.  Christian Horner is usually calm and logical and I am sure he’d prefer to win on the track, not in the stewards room. This weekend should be fun. 

• Like 1

RB struggling with understeer in FP2. Max in P3, behind #77 and #44.

He is believed to be using the Silverstone engine, so it's clearly survived the 51G impact.

Edited by camelspyyder

Ha haha hahaha. Just no class whatsoever.

Red Bull5h1t management just cant stop themselves can they?

Horner accusing Hamilton of gamesmanship for driving too slow in Q3...when it was actually a quicker warm-up lap than 2 of his previous runs...

Then Marko applauding the predominantly  Dutch numbskull crowd for booing the Mercedes drivers at the pole position interviews.

Once again, if they two put more effort into managing the building of fast cars rather than wasting effort gobbing off, they wouldn't be 0.4 seconds behind pole position would they?

• Like 2

And twice in the C4 highlights Jones said that Hamilton had pushed Verstappen into the wall last time out.

But - it was good to have an independent-minded pundit in Alan McNeish rather than the usual two Red Bull-ists.

• Like 3

Such a long wait for us Renault fans....

And drive of the day Alonso !!!

Lewis is such a whinger when other drivers do not just part the waves for him.

Shame Max's car was so damaged.

Celebration at Enstone, Oxfordshire !    

GettyImages-1331788101.jpg

• Like 1