SW version on reporting bugs

sdolenec

I have a D build unit also , and had the 1803 installed last week at the dealer , who kept the car for a full week and tested. They found no faults. I have seen no faults since getting the car back, so fingers crossed.

I can see the screen is more responsive but imagine more updates further down the line 

Sorry to say but 1803 is way from being withouth bugs.. Probably next update will be much better as every update solve things..

And 1803 update is also installed on cars produced in May by fabric, what is normal that they upload latest SW version ..

So my list of bugs is getting longer and longer every day..

Mine received an OTA update on the 1st June and the details said something along the lines of 'shop update' and 'error bug update' however I'm still running SW version 1788 and my hardware is D. Since the update I've not had a single error (touchwood) however in the month of ownership prior I had the parking error 5-6 times, front assist Limited availability, stop start error and an airbag error, possibly a coincidence but I'm hoping it's error free or at least greatly reduced. 

4 hours ago, sdolenec said:

Sorry to say but 1803 is way from being withouth bugs.. Probably next update will be much better as every update solve things..

And 1803 update is also installed on cars produced in May by fabric, what is normal that they upload latest SW version ..

So my list of bugs is getting longer and longer every day..

Can you share the list? I'm running 1788 version and beside occasional rear side assist error and no internet connection, everything is running perfectly fine.

OK.. Firstly:

Auto hold function stopped working - do not release..

Today they made SW update (SW0112),  but problem still persist.. tommorow I will go there again..

Android Auto lossing audio connection, connected via WiFi - today they told me that new SW version is in preperation which will resolve this + that also new major SW is prepearing for which there will be probably recall for all VAG group cars of this generation.

Also, today when they update SW I got newer navigation database = 21.5..

And in the middle of drive service menu loaded... I make some photos... maybe related to what they done at service - not sure - after I shutdown car this menu disapear.. I make picture also of secred codes.. must check something before publishing it..

20210609_140548.jpg

20210609_140756.jpg

20210609_140801.jpg

20210609_140811.jpg

Edited by sdolenec

Regarding errors.. yes.. system has bugs, but they know for all this things - at service they show me the list - and yes - sorry to say but it is not so short - but I have faith that this is VAG's priority to be resolved..

4 hours ago, sdolenec said:

And in the middle of drive service menu loaded... I make some photos... maybe related to what they done at service - not sure - after I shutdown car this menu disapear.. I make picture also of secred codes.. must check something before publishing it..

How did you enter Service mode (Servisni način)?

20 minutes ago, Acher said:

Home+Menu   hold for a few seconds.

This really works? Need to try that. But I guess it's not usable by us, ordinary people. :)

Edited by TheUltraRunner
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sdolenec said:

Regarding errors.. yes.. system has bugs, but they know for all this things - at service they show me the list - and yes - sorry to say but it is not so short - but I have faith that this is VAG's priority to be resolved..

Thanks for sharing. Thinking about my car and not having such issues...maybe the reason is I'm not using all the functions much...or not at all. :blink: I have never used auto hold function for example, I have used apple car play only twice, I don't use lane assist,... 

It's not so big problem.. minor glitches. When new SW will be ready they will contact me for SW update..

The big problem with auto hold was also resolved..

At the end I must say that car is great, has big SW potencial and easy to use.. so this minor problems will be resolved at end, also the many different modules problem (this will be packed in this so called big update for which there will be probably recall).. If I have correct information VAG group is rewriting complete backend program code - so that all cars will have the same SW for inf. system + modules with only different skin - because the current situation is that let's say in my case with auto hold problem that SW was writen not by VAG group but from manufacter of this electronic part (for auto hold there is 3 different manufacturers - this info is from Škoda service) and this can cause problem at the end and that will be resolved with one and same SW for all modules..

Finger crossed..

Reading this thread, I realise that despite my impression that it is riddled with bugs, it does seem that I'm not suffering most of those reported here so I should perhaps consider myself fortunate (as posted above, I'm on 1788).  To clarify my thoughts, yesterday I started making a list of all the problems with the Infotainment under headings "Bugs" and "Design issues" and I found that nearly all of them were what I would consider design issues and in fact most of them related to the Mode selection, which would be almost completely solved if it would only keep the Mode selection from one time to the next.

TBH the main reason I change the mode setting is to turn off the sound generator, which is switched on in the Normal (i.e. default) mode.  Why one would, by default, want the car to be noisier than it naturally is baffles me, so I think I'm going to ask the dealer to disconnect the sound generator next time the car's in.  Then I may just drive in Normal mode most of the time so I don't have to change the Mode, which is the most irritating and frustrating process on this car every time I start it.

I have had to re-boot the Infotainment system 5-6 times in the 10 weeks since I've had the car, but mostly it works fairly reliably I suppose.

6 minutes ago, alancha said:

Reading this thread, I realise that despite my impression that it is riddled with bugs, it does seem that I'm not suffering most of those reported here so I should perhaps consider myself fortunate (as posted above, I'm on 1788).  To clarify my thoughts, yesterday I started making a list of all the problems with the Infotainment under headings "Bugs" and "Design issues" and I found that nearly all of them were what I would consider design issues and in fact most of them related to the Mode selection, which would be almost completely solved if it would only keep the Mode selection from one time to the next.

TBH the main reason I change the mode setting is to turn off the sound generator, which is switched on in the Normal (i.e. default) mode.  Why one would, by default, want the car to be noisier than it naturally is baffles me, so I think I'm going to ask the dealer to disconnect the sound generator next time the car's in.  Then I may just drive in Normal mode most of the time so I don't have to change the Mode, which is the most irritating and frustrating process on this car every time I start it.

I have had to re-boot the Infotainment system 5-6 times in the 10 weeks since I've had the car, but mostly it works fairly reliably I suppose.

We are all different. I like the sound generator in the normal mode. I bought the TSI RS because of it's sportiness. And until I get a proper sport exhaust, I kinda like the fake sound. Because without it it would be the same as I would drive a 1.0 Octavia. :)

What I agree with you is that car should memorize the driving mode. But since everything is focused on ecology and consumption, this won't happen. At least not by default. The same goes with start/stop system.

2 hours ago, sdolenec said:

It's not so big problem.. minor glitches. When new SW will be ready they will contact me for SW update..

The big problem with auto hold was also resolved..

At the end I must say that car is great, has big SW potencial and easy to use.. so this minor problems will be resolved at end, also the many different modules problem (this will be packed in this so called big update for which there will be probably recall).. If I have correct information VAG group is rewriting complete backend program code - so that all cars will have the same SW for inf. system + modules with only different skin - because the current situation is that let's say in my case with auto hold problem that SW was writen not by VAG group but from manufacter of this electronic part (for auto hold there is 3 different manufacturers - this info is from Škoda service) and this can cause problem at the end and that will be resolved with one and same SW for all modules..

Finger crossed..

Hello!

I have the same auto hold issue (affects hill hold as well). Was it a software fix that helped?

20 hours ago, sdolenec said:

OK.. Firstly:

Auto hold function stopped working - do not release..

Today they made SW update (SW0112),  but problem still persist.. tommorow I will go there again..

Android Auto lossing audio connection, connected via WiFi - today they told me that new SW version is in preperation which will resolve this + that also new major SW is prepearing for which there will be probably recall for all VAG group cars of this generation.

20210609_140548.jpg

20210609_140756.jpg

20210609_140801.jpg

20210609_140811.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

My courtesy SE L First Edition is running much older versions than yours. 

42.86.60 which seems to be released on July 27, 2020

I did not proceed with the SW update, which was available as a menu option.

2 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

What I agree with you is that car should memorize the driving mode. But since everything is focused on ecology and consumption, this won't happen. At least not by default. The same goes with start/stop system.

As you say some of these things are down to personal preference.  

As for stop/start, on my previous MkIII VRS diesel, I always turned it off as I hated the rattly sound of the engine restarting; fortunately, this was one press of a physical button so it was quick and easy to do.  But with my new petrol vrs the engine starts so instantly and quietly that it doesn't bother me - so I  leave it on all the time.

11 minutes ago, alancha said:

As you say some of these things are down to personal preference.  

As for stop/start, on my previous MkIII VRS diesel, I always turned it off as I hated the rattly sound of the engine restarting; fortunately, this was one press of a physical button so it was quick and easy to do.  But with my new petrol vrs the engine starts so instantly and quietly that it doesn't bother me - so I  leave it on all the time.

I'm actually afraid of the start/stop system since I don't even here it whether engine is running or not. This is why I always turn it off as soon I start driving.

With the auto hold i now have a problem of engine hesitancy and the feeling of a handbrake bind. Any others gettin this. I push the accelerator and its like no power till i do it again and then we are off. Happens once or twice per drive. Is this software related?

7 hours ago, Skodamias said:

Hello!

I have the same auto hold issue (affects hill hold as well). Was it a software fix that helped?

Yes.. software fix.. firmware of module for eletronic brake.. now it's OK..

Given all the above, I decided it might be worth getting my car updated to 1803 (from 1788), so I phoned my dealer to organise it.  He was surprisingly ignorant about it - he had to go away for some hours to confirm that there is an update available for my car and also still has no idea how long it will take - he thought it could be anything from 30 mins to several hours.

I suppose because it is, in effect, a warranty claim he had to put down a fault that it was to cure but he didn't argue with me at all and just put "Infotainment issues", or something vague like that.   I asked him whether they'd had a lot of problems of this kind and he cautiously replied "more than you would expect".   Overall, I got the impression that he was not unsympathetic but wasn't allowed to admit too much.

I also mentioned my irritation that the sound generator is switched on in the Normal mode setting.  Interestingly, he told me that on his VRS iV the sound generator is only on in Sport mode, which makes more sense to me. I wonder why the difference?

Something has been puzzling/worrying me about the infotainment screenshots showing software versions in this thread ....

Isn't this just the software version of the infotainment NOT the other modules in the car?

If that's true, which I am 99% certain it is, then that would explain why some dealer software updates don't change the version shown on the infotainment screen - because it is OTHER modules (engine, ABS, etc.) that has been updated. The only way to know what has really been updated after a dealer software update is a before and after scan of all the modules in the car using e.g. VCDS, OBDEleven, etc.

• Like 2