Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:

4 hours ago, wagster said:

In short the answer is no.

As you might have picked up on in previous threads about this, the only way to get the factory USB to work correctly if you have the factory USB type that has the +5volts and ground connected on the external part of the USB socket, is to splice in the required 5volt power into the quadlock connector. The onlt other option you really have is to replace the existing factory USB with a version that has the +5volts and ground wired to the internal pins of the USB socket.

The way they have designed the double USB cable is that one USB will work as normal and the other only supplies 5volts that can only be used for charging something. What i did was use the USB that only allows charging and cut the end of the USB and spliced that into the quadlock connector to get the factory USB to work.

Speaking to the vendor with most of our problems has always resulted in them not having a clue so get used to it :)

Wagster is right I am afraid....

• Like 1

So the amplifier trick only works when not driving. When the car is motion, the sound gets so distorted that you can't make up what is said. I don't know if it is the lack of noise cancelling or if the usb port sends dirty power when the car revs highly.

I will try to send power with a power bank to be sure. If it doesn't solve the issue, I think I will be done with this unit and sell it. As good as the rest is, not being able to use the phone is a big handicap for me. 

The worst part is that this low level mic is really software related as the app microphone amplifier lets you make clear loud recordings.

1 hour ago, Lamont1980 said:

Morning guys, sick of the 1gb ram version lol. Learning experience. 

Is there any difference between the 4gb 32gb and the 4gb 64gb, apart from the larger hard drive memory?

oh, you went 1gb version!!!!! that thing must be as slow as hell!!!!!

A friend has a 2gb version and it is already slow.

the 4gb is fast and snappy. 

each seller has his specifications but the main differences will be cpu, tuner chip and wired or wireless android auto and carplay. 

they usuallly list the differences so I can,t say. 

Ebilaen had only 4gb 64gb version then staight to 2gb

You should ask you seller or check the shop for info

4 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

oh, you went 1gb version!!!!! that thing must be as slow as hell!!!!!

A friend has a 2gb version and it is already slow.

the 4gb is fast and snappy. 

each seller has his specifications but the main differences will be cpu, tuner chip and wired or wireless android auto and carplay. 

they usuallly list the differences so I can,t say. 

Ebilaen had only 4gb 64gb version then staight to 2gb

You should ask you seller or check the shop for info

Haha, the 1gb is horrendously slow, to the point that I've gave up using maps and amazon and the likes. 

Ebilaen are now selling the 4/32 but the actual page doesn't show the specs, although I'll double check. 

1 hour ago, Lamont1980 said:

Haha, the 1gb is horrendously slow, to the point that I've gave up using maps and amazon and the likes. 

Ebilaen are now selling the 4/32 but the actual page doesn't show the specs, although I'll double check. 

I wouldn,t go for ebilaen or ant t10, T18 units, I am disapointed with the android implementation. 

TTS is a hasle to get working if you want eh eunit to mute during gps navigation. 

I would go for a snapdragon version.

I am looking to sell my unit and try another one

An I just found ou that some units let you use the factory cd player

Edited by nickytheshaft
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lamont1980 said:

I've got the 4GB/64GB version and it works pretty well. The DAB reception with the dongle mentioned a few posts back and using DAB-Z works better than the original (better reception).

The only thing that does not work is the original USB port, but I've routed one of the ends of the double USB cable to the glovebox, and that's where I charge my mobile if I need to.

I bought the reverse camera, but still haven't bothered installing it...

My wife has a 2017 Ibiza and is now jealous of the unit, to the point that she wants me to get one for her too. Go for it, you won't regret it.

3 hours ago, ricardocaldeira said:

I've got the 4GB/64GB version and it works pretty well. The DAB reception with the dongle mentioned a few posts back and using DAB-Z works better than the original (better reception).

The only thing that does not work is the original USB port, but I've routed one of the ends of the double USB cable to the glovebox, and that's where I charge my mobile if I need to.

I bought the reverse camera, but still haven't bothered installing it...

My wife has a 2017 Ibiza and is now jealous of the unit, to the point that she wants me to get one for her too. Go for it, you won't regret it.

Yeah, I've got the USB dongle hooked up to the cars DAB antenna, the one that sticks on the windscreen was so poor. 

When you mention the original USB port, that is the one beside the aux isn't it? That has been fine with the stereo I have in, the only issue I have is the 12v lighter port isn't working but that was possible damaged when they fixed the 'place lever in P' fault. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lamont1980 said:

Yeah, I've got the USB dongle hooked up to the cars DAB antenna, the one that sticks on the windscreen was so poor. 

When you mention the original USB port, that is the one beside the aux isn't it? That has been fine with the stereo I have in, the only issue I have is the 12v lighter port isn't working but that was possible damaged when they fixed the 'place lever in P' fault. 

Yes, I mean the one next to the AUX port. Maybe something to do with the year of the car, mine is a 2013...

4 minutes ago, ricardocaldeira said:

Yes, I mean the one next to the AUX port. Maybe something to do with the year of the car, mine is a 2013...

Possibly, mine is a 15, although I'm not too sure there was much difference in the stereo systems. Going to have a look at a couple of dealers pictures online to see if it is a different stereo

So I got my other amplifier board a d still the same, clear sound on stop but inaudible when driving.

I will give the factory mic a last chance as I didn't try it with a voice mail, only with mic test and I had an awful buzzing.

Thing thought, with the amplifier board, o have the same buzzing with mic test but the sound is clear trought Bluetooth when I leave myself a voice mail ( not driving).

This being said, it seems the factory mic is amplified. So last test this week and of it is no good then bye bye unit and welcome back little mib1 Amundsen (at least it has dab lol)

21 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

So I got my other amplifier board a d still the same, clear sound on stop but inaudible when driving.

I will give the factory mic a last chance as I didn't try it with a voice mail, only with mic test and I had an awful buzzing.

Thing thought, with the amplifier board, o have the same buzzing with mic test but the sound is clear trought Bluetooth when I leave myself a voice mail ( not driving).

This being said, it seems the factory mic is amplified. So last test this week and of it is no good then bye bye unit and welcome back little mib1 Amundsen (at least it has dab lol)

So no luck, the sound is horrible...

15 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

So no luck, the sound is horrible...

I have had no issues whatsoever with the mic sound. Which car/year do you have? Are you sure everything is well plugged in and there are no broken/damaged wires? Failing that, you may have just gotten unlucky and received a faulty unit 😞

My DAB is working perfectly using the car's antenna. The reception/sound is even better using the reccomended DAB USB receiver and the DAB-Z app (the reception was poor using the original DAB app)

22 minutes ago, ricardocaldeira said:

I have had no issues whatsoever with the mic sound. Which car/year do you have? Are you sure everything is well plugged in and there are no broken/damaged wires? Failing that, you may have just gotten unlucky and received a faulty unit 😞

My DAB is working perfectly using the car's antenna. The reception/sound is even better using the reccomended DAB USB receiver and the DAB-Z app (the reception was poor using the original DAB app)

Same here DAB works well with the car antenna, audio is good

My only issues are

- phone call quality is aither horrible (with amplifier) or clear but very low volume when using external mic

- I get random reboots

- the picture of the car when parking at times stays stuck for about 2 mn

I can deal with these issues but the phone call quality is really disturbing me

• Like 1

Anyone have/had issues with the volume fluctuating by itself or songs randomly restarting from the beginning?

Also, more often than not, when accepting a phone call whilst driving, the other person can't hear anything from my end.

Doing my nut in 😖

Edited by Stiiwii

7 minutes ago, Stiiwii said:

Anyone have/had issues with the volume fluctuating by itself or songs randomly restarting from the beginning?

Also, more often than not, when accepting a phone call whilst driving, the other person can't hear anything from my end.

Doing my nut in 😖

On mine the volume lowers when it mixes the sat nav and audio streams. When it starts mixing them then I have to crank up the volume a bit more than normal. You can adjust the sat nav and audio mix balance in the settings.

14 minutes ago, londonmoog said:

On mine the volume lowers when it mixes the sat nav and audio streams. When it starts mixing them then I have to crank up the volume a bit more than normal. You can adjust the sat nav and audio mix balance in the settings.

Yeah the music level reduces when sat Nov says something, that's fine.

It's that I can be driving then randomly the volume indicator on the screen reduces by one or two

40 minutes ago, Stiiwii said:

Doing my nut in 😖

Yes and I am afaid that theire is no workaround for call volume. 

Either the programmers do something about it in the software or you forget about using the phone. 

If you try a recording with microphone amplifier, you get goos clear loud sound. 

They have dug in deep the mic level control.  Other units have accès to it via developper mode but not the T18

18 minutes ago, Stiiwii said:

Yeah the music level reduces when sat Nov says something, that's fine.

It's that I can be driving then randomly the volume indicator on the screen reduces by one or two

Have you tried an update and factory reset?

On 17/01/2022 at 12:22, nickytheshaft said:

So my cable has arrived pluged it in the harness and now factory usb is working, data and android auto. 

I hope the seller now provides it to any new customer. 

Sorry to be a pain and keep asking. My USB's don't work either and I have that 4 pin jobby. I asked seller for a replacement ages ago but never got anywhere.

Is this something I can purchase somewhere else for convenience?

Cheers for the link to the thread, I'll check when I get chance later.

Edited by Stiiwii

7 minutes ago, Stiiwii said:

Sorry to be a pain and keep asking. My USB's don't work either and I have that 4 pin jobby. I asked seller for a replacement ages ago but never got anywhere.

Is this something I can purchase somewhere else for convenience?

Cheers for the link to the thread, I'll check when I get chance later.

I don't think so, I searched for one before asking the seller to send me one for 1$. If he doesn,t send one then you must make yours by splicing one of th usb to get the 5v and send it to the quadlock

wagster did it.

On 09/03/2022 at 17:55, wagster said:

Well as i never re-setup TLink after i initially had it working wired and wirelessly with version 1.7.7 then i did a full factory reset, i thought today i would reinstall it. Well, the only version i can get work is 1.4.30 but that only works wired, any other version all the way up to version 1.8.8 just asks for activation!!!!!!

Mine just kicked me out today, same thing, activation asked...

I sent a message to the seller.

Any luck on your side?

2 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

Mine just kicked me out today, same thing, activation asked...

I sent a message to the seller.

Any luck on your side?

The seller is meant to be getting his friend to email me the factory files so I can restore the head unit using USB as I am hoping that will have all the apps on it so I can set it back to how I 1st got it with everything activated. If/when I get it I will let you know if it works. Not holding out for much hope though.