Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:

Fired in the DAB USB thing today, a very VERY quick and simple addition due to where I had put my other 'single' usb plug meant to the factory port. Was looking for it with a torch for a few min then remembered what I did lol. Used that DAB-Z app, is that what all are using?? Only pick up 45 stations this far from civilisation still bahhhhh 

IMG_20211211_124754.jpg

IMG_20211211_130905.jpg

IMG_20211211_131532.jpg

Edited by FUBAR

7 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Fired in the DAB USB thing today, a very VERY quick and simple addition due to where I had put my other 'single' usb plug meant to the factory port. Was looking for it with a torch for a few min then remembered what I did lol. Used that DAB-Z app, is that what all are using?? Only pick up 45 stations this far from civilisation still bahhhhh 

IMG_20211211_124754.jpg

IMG_20211211_130905.jpg

IMG_20211211_131532.jpg

I am just using the app that was already pre installed in the head unit labelled as DAB+

20211201_171250.thumb.jpg.f754fdd1ede3f6ef7cdd5fd4e68fa2d9.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wagster said:

I am just using the app that was already pre installed in the head unit labelled as DAB+

20211201_171250.thumb.jpg.f754fdd1ede3f6ef7cdd5fd4e68fa2d9.jpg

When I tried it it said something about being designed for an older version of android and may not work as expected etc, so I just went for DAB-Z

8 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

When I tried it it said something about being designed for an older version of android and may not work as expected etc, so I just went for DAB-Z

I can't remember if it gave me a message about designed for an older version when I 1st used it but it works no problem on mine at the moment. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wagster said:

I can't remember if it gave me a message about designed for an older version when I 1st used it but it works no problem on mine at the moment. 

Tried the other one again today works fine, although didn't get the logos for all stations it found. Like the DAB-Z one more though, lots of options etc. Can set it to auto launch and play as soon as device boots and it detects the USB receiver etc. Be worth a try to see which you prefer :thumbup:

Edited by FUBAR

2 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Tried the other one again today works fine, although didn't get the logos for all stations it found. Like the DAB-Z one more though, lots of options etc. Can set it to auto launch and play as soon as device boots and it detects the USB receiver etc. Be worth a try to see which you prefer :thumbup:

I will take a look at it tomorrow. I have mine set to auto launch using the Agama auto start.

Just out of interest do you have start/stop in your car and does the head unit turnoff any sound when the car engine starts on start/stop or when you start the car on ignition as mine does,  it is not like the head unit is turning itself off and then restarting it just basically mutes any music, videos etc.

2 minutes ago, wagster said:

I will take a look at it tomorrow. I have mine set to auto launch using the Agama auto start.

Just out of interest do you have start/stop in your car and does the head unit turnoff any sound when the car engine starts on start/stop or when you start the car on ignition as mine does,  it is not like the head unit is turning itself off and then restarting it just basically mutes any music, videos etc.

I have disabled stop/start as I dislike it a lot. 

1 minute ago, FUBAR said:

I have disabled stop/start as I dislike it a lot. 

What about if you turn the ignition on and wait for the head unit to boot up and start playing some music on the radio then start the car, does it shut off the music for a couple of seconds or so? 

7 minutes ago, wagster said:

Yeah, mine does this, only a split second though so isn't really an issue. 

I've noticed that mine doesn't remember thy I've previously set Agama as the default launcher so I need to click on Always each time I start the ignition. Not a big deal, just an inconvenience. 

1 minute ago, wagster said:

What about if you turn the ignition on and wait for the head unit to boot up and start playing some music on the radio then start the car, does it shut off the music for a couple of seconds or so? 

No would just stay on and playing music if it was etc

3 minutes ago, Lamont1980 said:

I've noticed that mine doesn't remember thy I've previously set Agama as the default launcher so I need to click on Always each time I start the ignition. Not a big deal, just an inconvenience. 

Have you tried going into the main android settings to set it in there (as in swipe down twice from top and settings cog symbol there, under default apps, then home)? I swapped mine back to default one today to get at the 'car info' app as I can't see it in the app drawer on agama for MPG screens etc. As long as I have launched it I can then change back and it's always there to select from the top if I want it in Agama unless i physically close it there. 

Edited by FUBAR

4 minutes ago, Lamont1980 said:

Yeah, I think it is just the curse of the 2gb ram version hahaha

2 minutes ago, Lamont1980 said:

Se for me if I am just listening to the standard FM radio it isn't an issue as like you said it is only for a split second but if I am using the DAB it takes longer as it goes back through initializing the DAB dongle again so takes longer and can be really annoying when the stop/start is kicking in and out when in slow start stop traffic 🤔

Just now, Lamont1980 said:

Yeah, I think it is just the curse of the 2gb ram version hahaha

Could always still get the 4/64gb or 6/128gb one, just lift screen out of box and swap them over, put the 2/3gb back in box and sell on fb etc. Wouldn't cost much to upgrade in that sense. £150 asking price for the 2/32gb one? 

1 minute ago, wagster said:

Se for me if I am just listening to the standard FM radio it isn't an issue as like you said it is only for a split second but if I am using the DAB it takes longer as it goes back through initializing the DAB dongle again so takes longer and can be really annoying when the stop/start is kicking in and out when in slow start stop traffic 🤔

I've never tried when listening to FM/DAB as I don't listen to radio, I meant mine doesn't stop when I am playing MP3's which are coming off the other USB socket in glvoebox. 

1 hour ago, nickytheshaft said:

I got my extraction keys today so I checked my MIB1 usb plug. 

Same punishment except that it is white. The 5v is also on another sockets.

But how the hell did you get your fingers in there to unplug the usb port?

Where is your usb located? Mine is under the heating controls, once I managed to get the bottom fascia cover released and pulled out slightly it gave me just enough room to get in and and unclipped the connection. 

28 minutes ago, wagster said:

Where is your usb located? Mine is under the heating controls, once I managed to get the bottom fascia cover released and pulled out slightly it gave me just enough room to get in and and unclipped the connection. 

Same place as you.

I removed the unit, the climate control but couldn't get my fingers deep enough to reach the plug

https://postimg.cc/xX7t89KX

Edited by nickytheshaft

49 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

Same place as you.

I removed the unit, the climate control but couldn't get my fingers deep enough to reach the plug

https://postimg.cc/xX7t89KX

45 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

Can't seem to add a picture

There you go :thumbup:

20211213-190052.jpg

6 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

Thanks, I tried add links, add picture... What do you choose to show the thumbnail?

I downloaded the image from your link then just uploaded it on briskoda instead. You can drag & drop if on a PC etc 

On 12/12/2021 at 20:13, Lamont1980 said:

I was playing around with the Agama launcher today and ended up uninstalling and re-installing it. When the pop up notfification asked for just once or always I clicked on always and ended up having the same problem as you have, I never had the problem before.

I managed to sort it in the end by going into Themes in the Apps folder then setting the original launcher as default. Restarted the head unit then went into Apps then Themes and then set the default launcher as Agama and it then stopped asking for running once or always. 

WAGSTER, could you check if you have power on the factory usb port?

The provides cable has 4 pins with Data / ground / 5v.

If you have power on the pi,s of the factory usb (as it seems to be provided from the harness) , the solution may be just stripping the wires from the provided cable and connecting the ground and 5V to the data. 

The cable would then provide only data on the 4 pins leaving the power to be provided by the factory harness.