Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:

2 hours ago, wagster said:

ok i have uploaded the DAB app to my OneDrive, let me know if it works.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApKAZf4actzCqHemcBH3d8srXtz0?e=ztQG8B

Still couldn't find the option to switch to RHD though.

Thanks, I was out tonight and looked around the different settings but could not find anything to change the doors... Sorry.

14 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

Thanks, I was out tonight and looked around the different settings but could not find anything to change the doors... Sorry.

Sorted this afternoon. I knew I had done it before but in a different menu then I tried a different password to get into the factory settings which I have have normally been using 123456 but tried 8888 this time and it opens up a slightly different menu and one of the options is the doors.

4 hours ago, wagster said:

Sorted this afternoon. I knew I had done it before but in a different menu then I tried a different password to get into the factory settings which I have have normally been using 123456 but tried 8888 this time and it opens up a slightly different menu and one of the options is the doors.

Wow 2 passwords for a same menu.... 

I noticed something today, I had FM issues, so I decided to look around my connections. My dab dongle was hooked to the single usb cable..when I was mooving it around, the reception was getting better. I unplugged it and got perfect reception.

I then hooked the dongle to the working plug of the double cable and again, perfect reception. 

I don't know why but it worked.

How did you extract the dab+ APK? A friend of mine has a' android 11 unit and his fm app is so much better than ours, I would like to extract it.

Also, I was thinking, the usb cable only giving power could be used to plug a tpms sensor module.

Edited by nickytheshaft

9 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

Wow 2 passwords for a same menu.... 

I noticed something today, I had FM issues, so I decided to look around my connections. My dab dongle was hooked to the single usb cable..when I was mooving it around, the reception was getting better. I unplugged it and got perfect reception.

I then hooked the dongle to the working plug of the double cable and again, perfect reception. 

I don't know why but it worked.

How did you extract the dab+ APK? A friend of mine has a' android 11 unit and his fm app is so much better than ours, I would like to extract it.

When you go into the factory settings there is an option to backup APK, just run it and then go into file manager and look for an APK folder and they should all be in there,  just copy to a USB drive.

4 minutes ago, wagster said:

When you go into the factory settings there is an option to backup APK, just run it and then go into file manager and look for an APK folder and they should all be in there,  just copy to a USB drive.

Perfect, if it works on our unit I will share it.

16 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

Did anyone finde a way to add text to speech?

When I install the Google engine, it crashes when I go in the setup.

At time I ordered mine, the listing had it as an option that you had to pay more for. Said email them for it, so I did and then they asked for payment, so I declined. It would have been delivered via email, so some random China hacked APK must be about somewhere for it. 

On 24/12/2021 at 18:50, nickytheshaft said:

Merry x-mass every one. Enjoy

🧑‍🎄

Just catching up here. 

Merry Christmas Nicky & all the android gang, I hope Santa was kind. 

Merry Christmas GIF by filmeditor

12 hours ago, FUBAR said:

At time I ordered mine, the listing had it as an option that you had to pay more for. Said email them for it, so I did and then they asked for payment, so I declined. It would have been delivered via email, so some random China hacked APK must be about somewhere for it. 

This is a bummer and Google speech service doesn't work, it keeps crashing. 

I wonder if alternative tts engines will work. I am looking around for hacked ones to try.

I got a Samsung engine from sammobile but doubt it will run...

Ok solved TTS issue.

Install vocalizer

Go to languages settings of the unit and select vocalizer as preferred engine (it seems to fix the issue)

Install speech services by Google

Return to TTS settings

Select Google as preferred engine and Voila, TTS is working

tried it in Sygic and had TTS Voices, I will navigate this afternoon and confirm this.

5 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

Ok solved TTS issue.

Install vocalizer

Go to languages settings of the unit and select vocalizer as preferred engine (it seems to fix the issue)

Install speech services by Google

Return to TTS settings

Select Google as preferred engine and Voila, TTS is working

tried it in Sygic and had TTS Voices, I will navigate this afternoon and confirm this.

Ok confirmed, with this method TTS is working in Sygic.

Now I am quite happy, the Unit crashes from time to time but it boots quickly and FM reception is really ****ty. I have to sort this out. Maybe unplug the antenna booster. I Also ordered a double fakra for the antenna

1 minute ago, nickytheshaft said:

Ok confirmed, with this method TTS is working in Sygic.

Now I am quite happy, the Unit crashes from time to time but it boots quickly and FM reception is really ****ty. I have to sort this out. Maybe unplug the antenna booster. I Also ordered a double fakra for the antenna

My TTS works fine in Google maps but doesn't work in Waze.

In Waze the music volume goes lower when Waze is trying to announce something but get no voice  but in Google Maps the music volume stays the same and no matter what settings I choose it makes no difference.

My FM reception is not that great either but as I use DAB or online radio it is not too much of an issue but I have already ordered a double Fakra for the antenna and it should be here in the next few days so will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

Not had any problems with crashes yet so that is a good thing. 

1 hour ago, wagster said:

My TTS works fine in Google maps but doesn't work in Waze.

In Waze the music volume goes lower when Waze is trying to announce something but get no voice  but in Google Maps the music volume stays the same and no matter what settings I choose it makes no difference.

My FM reception is not that great either but as I use DAB or online radio it is not too much of an issue but I have already ordered a double Fakra for the antenna and it should be here in the next few days so will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

Not had any problems with crashes yet so that is a good thing. 

In the audio settings of dab z, you can set the app to reduce the volume when an alert comes up. The Google notification should be considered an alert.

Try it, it may work. It is what I did with Sygic. The music doesn't completely cut of but the instructions are very audible

(Sorry screenshot in French, I didn't think of changing the language but you will understand it)

20211226_185043.jpg

41 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

20211226_184954.jpg

Here, you reduce the radio volume and increase the systeme volume (Audio et video in my case)

the systeme volume is what is used for the different apps.

Lowering the radio volume gives you a more precise settings, low is low and you can crank up the radio volume more precisely.

Leaving the systeme volume higher means that navigation instructions will be louder than the radio.

Then go to dab z audio settings and play around with the 2 volume settings, that will fortunately resolve your maps issue.

Edited by nickytheshaft

2 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

Here, you reduce the radio volume and increase the systeme volume (Audio et video in my case)

the systeme volume is what is used for the different apps.

Lowering the radio volume gives you a more precise settings, low is low and you can crank up the radio volume more precisely.

Leaving the systeme volume higher means that navigation instructions will be louder than the radio.

Then go to dab a audio settings and play around with the 2 volume settings, that will fortunately resolve your maps issue.

I have no issues with Waze.

On my s21 I have no TTS with Waze, I guess it is a picky application

Edited by nickytheshaft

48 minutes ago, wagster said:

I will have a play around tomorrow and see what I can get working. 

I don't have any problem with Waze on my phone either. 

Good luck, tell us if you find a good setting.

I also noticed that setting the DSP to POP gives the best sound

5 hours ago, FUBAR said:

These more recent ones all have a vastly different much more modern looking ROM than mine lol 

Have you updated your rom? 

You started your post in march, the unit I received had a rom of November then I updated to a version from December.

8 hours ago, FUBAR said:

These more recent ones all have a vastly different much more modern looking ROM than mine lol 

I rewatched your first video and your rom looks better than mine. 

My car settings are all small lines, no + / - I have to slide. 

Also can you check if you can extract your FM tuner app? 

thanks

Edited by nickytheshaft