No internet connection.

1 hour ago, janis said:

how you do that?
car is in what state? how long, you lock car  leave open, please give all process, i will do it as well today, again.

You unlock the car. Open the door and you take out the fuses. Nothing else. If this doesn't work, then the issue might not be the same.

For me for example, the car connected itself again when I went home from work.

Yeap, in my case I was at the car with the door open. I removed them, wait for 10 minutes.. plugged them back in, started the car and the icon became white straight forward (perhaps it took 30-60 seconds) I had to configure the hour in the system, select my primary user and that was all.

Same issue for me: no internet, sat Nov went haywire & oddly, a tyre pressure warning (when all tyres were fully inflated). Removed the fuses & currently reset. Skoda must issue a recall, given the scale of problems owners are facing - surely?

i picked up car few hours ago, they said they cant figure out issue, they sent data to somewhere and soon they will understand which blocks in infotainment needs to be replaced.

44 minutes ago, janis said:

i picked up car few hours ago, they said they cant figure out issue, they sent data to somewhere and soon they will understand which blocks in infotainment needs to be replaced.

Let us know in case it's some faulty hardware so we can guide our local dealers

• Like 1

Mine ramains grey for couple of days now... Still dont want to unplug the fuses, hoping it will resolve by itslef (as it did times before, we knew about the fuses trick). 

I didn't try it today. However I've checked the app and it seems the car is down. I cannot refresh doors and lighting info. Something that is clear to me is that they're not getting a new skoda connect customer once the free year is over...

Edited by SManu

Same problem, last sync 7:40 in the morning. I tried internet sharing over iphone but without success. Probably some roaming issues with the mobile data provider. It would be nice if there was a custom app to test Esim connectivity.

Called the dealer and they claim there is no issue as far as Skoda know. 

Today Skoda connect works sometimes, and doesn't other times. 

Apparently they want me to take my car to  the garage to see if they can find the problem, I am not convinced it is the car itself when plenty of other people are having the same issues.

On 12/05/2021 at 12:58, janis said:

honestly sounds like this car was build somehow and nobody knows how it actually works.

Ha - love it ! My thoughts precisely. Remember when cars were simple to live with? Is this truly progress?

me being me, could not sit and wait, took out both fuses locked the car worked a bit(15min) then went back put them back in place and it works.
+
got some update straight away, details here:

IMG_20210514_145022.jpg

IMG_20210514_145038.jpg

If i will lose internet again i will share that, hopefully this fix will solve internet issue

Edited by janis

On 28/04/2021 at 10:13, TheUltraRunner said:

On German FB group someone suggested to take out fuses 19 and 30 behind the drawer beside the light switch for 10 minutes. 

Its 2021 and we are still doing power resets like Windows 3.1!

6 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

Its 2021 and we are still doing power resets like Windows 3.1!

while working on IOT(internet of things, where sims are in everything and everything is connected) first solution to "why my connection is down" restart the device.
since car is device and it is always on, either remove fuses or car battery. but removing battery can reset thing you dont want to reset, so specific fuses removal is better :d

but yes, i agree, so smart world still needs hard restarts :D

If i would be developer for this, i would add some algorithm to retries to connect to network, not just do retries 5times in a row and then just stop even trying.

Edited by janis

I couldn't agree more with your previous comments. It's just ridiculous to have to do this on a car.

@janis which sw version did you ended up with? I think there is a 1803 in some cars, mine still in 1788. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SManu said:

I couldn't agree more with your previous comments. It's just ridiculous to have to do this on a car.

@janis which sw version did you ended up with? I think there is a 1803 in some cars, mine still in 1788. 

No idea, i could check later this evening 

13 minutes ago, SManu said:

Upgrade from 1788 to 1803 needs to be done at the dealer. It won't be an OTA update.

4 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Upgrade from 1788 to 1803 needs to be done at the dealer. It won't be an OTA update.

It's my first car which this kind of set-up and that fact brings me a lot of doubts...Do we have now to go more frequently to the dealer? Which kind of improvements would it bring? Will they call us in order to get it? Is it free...?

Yeap.. Cars used to be simpler...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SManu said:

It's my first car which this kind of set-up and that fact brings me a lot of doubts...Do we have now to go more frequently to the dealer? Which kind of improvements would it bring? Will they call us in order to get it? Is it free...?

Yeap.. Cars used to be simpler...

OTA updates are just small updates like for navigation, manuals, t&c, etc. Bigger updates need to be executed by the dealers since it can take a couple of hours to install. I doubt they will call you. I suggest to call your dealer and ask if there is any update for your car. 

So, i also did the fuse trick and it seems to work fine again, though the trip data is reset. Will see if the data reapears once i go for a drive. 

Knowing that we dont live in a perfect world, this trick is fine for me, but i guess for the majority of users who dont know for this, it is a pain and unnecessary hasle being forced to visit the dealers shop for resolving the prob. 

50 minutes ago, Soko1982 said:

So, i also did the fuse trick and it seems to work fine again, though the trip data is reset. Will see if the data reapears once i go for a drive. 

Knowing that we dont live in a perfect world, this trick is fine for me, but i guess for the majority of users who dont know for this, it is a pain and unnecessary hasle being forced to visit the dealers shop for resolving the prob. 

Did you pull out both fuses? 19 and 30? Next time maybe you can try to pull out just nr 19 to prevent driving data reset. According to some users (didn't try yet by myself) only 19 is enough to fix the connection issue.

On 14/05/2021 at 15:44, TheUltraRunner said:

mine is 1803

• Like 1