Tested and working coding Octavia mk4

7 hours ago, Felix2021 said:

Same for coolant temp. It's 50 celsius.

Indeed, I had a longer drive over the weekend and had the chance to monitor the temps - they all start shoving numbers at 50 deg Celsius (coolant, engine and DSG oil), nothing below this value.

Correction to one of my previous posts: the set of three temperatures (coolant, oil, oil) only shows all three on the "classic" dashboard theme. All the other layouts only show two values.

As discussed above, I was able to clear the B184C00 fault code once the SFD was locked.

However, I was surprised to find 15 new fault codes after I cleared the  existing ones several days ago. Saving the Log, I noticed that some of those faults occurred while the car was parked and unused for 1-2 days... ☹️

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 08.39.42.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 08.39.42 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 08.39.42 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 08.39.42 (3).jpeg

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2023 at 06:53, SkOmk4 said:

Correction to one of my previous posts: the set of three temperatures (coolant, oil, oil) only shows all three on the "classic" dashboard theme. All the other layouts only show two values.

That’s how it is on my VRS that has these unlocked as standard. 

• Thanks 1

Hi,
I have Octavia 4 Ambition with Swing Infotainment and no VC. And OBD11 ready to code :) I have two questions for You.

1) I turned on Adaptive Lane Assist (point of intervention - Early). But when I check option "Early (setting via menu)" I didn't get any new option in menu. Only possibility to turn on/off Lane Assist completely and turn on/off steering wheel vibrations.
I saw in some videos that in VW people gets possibility to turn on or off this Adaptive feature from menu.
Is it possibile to do this in Swing Infotainment?

2) Is anyone knows how to code Light Assist (automatic activation of high beam)? I tried turn on settings found on Scala forum, but it doesn't suite. I'm 100% sure that I can turn it on.

Thanks for any help!

IMG_4759.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunately you can't remove the start and stop with OBD11 or any other system as i know and that's a pity since this start&stop is pain in the ass if you forget to deactivate it

Edited by zorglub

Hello, guys! Do you know if you need the adaptor extension for the Octavia mk4? Or you can manage to work directly with the OBD11 tool? Thank! 

On 11/04/2023 at 21:35, lukewalker said:

Hi,
I have Octavia 4 Ambition with Swing Infotainment and no VC. And OBD11 ready to code :) I have two questions for You.

1) I turned on Adaptive Lane Assist (point of intervention - Early). But when I check option "Early (setting via menu)" I didn't get any new option in menu. Only possibility to turn on/off Lane Assist completely and turn on/off steering wheel vibrations.
I saw in some videos that in VW people gets possibility to turn on or off this Adaptive feature from menu.
Is it possibile to do this in Swing Infotainment?

2) Is anyone knows how to code Light Assist (automatic activation of high beam)? I tried turn on settings found on Scala forum, but it doesn't suite. I'm 100% sure that I can turn it on.

Thanks for any help!

IMG_4759.JPG

Are any credits required for changing the settings of the Lane Assist? Thank you!

49 minutes ago, zorglub said:

unfortunately you can't remove the start and stop with OBD11 or any other system as i know and that's a pity since this start&stop is pain in the ass if you forget to deactivate it

Yeah I remember just changing battery voltage on the Passat to get rid of it 

I agree cuts out before fully stopping which is wrong 

6 hours ago, Andy585 said:

I agree cuts out before fully stopping which is wrong 

It was like that on DSG versions of the Octavia 3 too - so it's not a new feature bug.

On 20/04/2023 at 11:16, Ctflr said:

Are any credits required for changing the settings of the Lane Assist? Thank you!

No, You make it through "Long coding". So You need Premium account but no credits.

It's very easy to do, only change one thing. Go to A5 Driver Assistance and there find "Intervention moment" and change it from "Late" to "Early".

But! If You have steering wheel without hand detection, when You turn on Adaptive Lane Assist it will "scream" after 10-15 seconds "take over the steering!" even if You hold Your hands on wheel. You can move wheel a little and it disappears, but get back after next 15 seconds.

Unfortunately I have ordinary steering wheel and for now I don't want to change it, although this wheels aren't very exprensive if someone want to do it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lukewalker said:

No, You make it through "Long coding". So You need Premium account but no credits.

It's very easy to do, only change one thing. Go to A5 Driver Assistance and there find "Intervention moment" and change it from "Late" to "Early".

But! If You have steering wheel without hand detection, when You turn on Adaptive Lane Assist it will "scream" after 10-15 seconds "take over the steering!" even if You hold Your hands on wheel. You can move wheel a little and it disappears, but get back after next 15 seconds.

Unfortunately I have ordinary steering wheel and for now I don't want to change it, although this wheels aren't very exprensive if someone want to do it.

Thank a lot for the clarification! Yeah, I only want to change the memory of Lane assist to "last setting" so that I don't have to deactivate it each time I have ignition on. 

Also, does anyone know if a change such as "EN- driver assistance (module A5) > long coding > Configuration for lane departure warning KI15 > change to "last setting"" has any impact on your warranty? Will you void your warranty if you make changes to this kind of stuff? Thank you!

1 hour ago, Ctflr said:

Thank a lot for the clarification! Yeah, I only want to change the memory of Lane assist to "last setting" so that I don't have to deactivate it each time I have ignition on. 

Yes, this could be changed with no tokens too. And about warranty - I doubt if anybody in service checks this. If You don't mess with engine or gearbox - then nobody cares.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2022 at 10:56, zetzet said:

Obd11 has apps that do coding for you, almost every available adaptation has an app and it's easy and reliable. https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles

Ive had no luck with this. I have the mk4 and it says all my apps are unsupported. Reached out to support but no one came back to me. Going to return the unit soon if I can't get this working - have bought the credits too 😔

On 05/05/2023 at 19:18, dangerousdibs said:

Ive had no luck with this. I have the mk4 and it says all my apps are unsupported. Reached out to support but no one came back to me. Going to return the unit soon if I can't get this working - have bought the credits too 😔

I have the VRS MK4 estate and have coded a few extra options in like lane assist off and Scandinavian lights on 

make sure your ignition is on not engine started and car bonnet is open before doing anything 

Slightly off topic, does anyone have obdeleven and is in Melbourne? Would very happily pay to add Scandinavian drl to my car after having been rear ended. 

On 02/10/2022 at 12:53, SpanishJose said:

I tried the "VRS CLUSTER THEME adaptation" both using the ODB11 built-in app and long coding (activating all the views) but it does not work on a MY23. The view appears but it does not have revs numbers nor a progress bar when the revs increase. It's static, so to speak. Please check the attached photo.

IMG20221001175011.jpg

Same here - MY23. The rev bar is static. So there must be something missing for the proper adatation to the latest versions

Any one know if you can code out the Adaptive Cruise control? And just add the normal cruise? Lane assist to be turned off  and as i have a hybrid to always start up in hybrid mode and not electric? 

what do i need to do this or can anyone help In the Durham Newcastle area?

You can enable standard cruise and turn off lane assist using OBD eleven if your not sure on manual coding there is an option that does it for you it costs 100 credits for cruise ad 10 credits for lane assist memory 

20 hours ago, Andy585 said:

You can enable standard cruise and turn off lane assist using OBD eleven if your not sure on manual coding there is an option that does it for you it costs 100 credits for cruise ad 10 credits for lane assist memory 

Cheers Andy, Do you know of any one in the North East or Edinburgh that I could borrow and pay for use of ODB 11?

@Chrisg2021, Here is the coding if you would like to do it by yourself. Bear in mind that beside the dongle you will also need a Pro subscription.

Lane Assist to "Last setting"
Driver assistance (module A5) > long coding > Configuration for lane departure warning KI15 > change to "last setting"

Standard ACC
Control unit 13
Long coding
Cruise control mode
Set to: Activated  

Cheers

Edited by djmartzian
  • Love it! 1

23 hours ago, djmartzian said:

@Chrisg2021, Here is the coding if you would like to do it by yourself. Bear in mind that beside the dongle you will also need a Pro subscription.

Lane Assist to "Last setting"
Driver assistance (module A5) > long coding > Configuration for lane departure warning KI15 > change to "last setting"

Standard ACC
Control unit 13
Long coding
Cruise control mode
Set to: Activated  

Cheers

Thanks 

510C7C34-6CCF-412D-A844-EFD296E4E78F.jpeg

• Love it! 1

Hello all,

Is there anyone in the North West London area that can code the below for me? I have Carista which worked great on my previous Mk3 but useless on the Mk4 😞

Please PM me if you can help and we can arrange something.

car is a 2021 SEL hatch 1.5 e-tec DSG.

·         Oil temp on VC
·         Trans temp on VC
·         Cornering front fogs activation
·         Add option for standard cruise control
·         ACC overtake enable
·         Driving mode on last remembered setting e.g. individual
·         E-tec engine - prevent engine re-start when car in front moves away.

Many thanks in advance