Do you feel mis sold on your mk4

Yes & no, Had the car 10 months now and all I've had is electrical issues. I love the car and the way it drives but the faults are never ending. And get worse the longer you own the car.  

Photo attached is just the faults I've had on this morning drive to work. 

20220117_093711.jpg

• Groan 1

Definitely - I'm using the latent value in my car to get something Japanese again, MY22 Corolla ordered for a June arrival, with a guaranteed minimum sum of 28k on the car as the part exchange at that point in time. Someone else can continue its beta testing.

• Like 1

Yes, have got rid of mine. Wasn't tested properly before sale. Great potential but shouldn't be for the customer to test it for them. Really damaged my faith in the brand. Having said that, I went back to a MK3.5 and I can't speak highly enough about it. Probably Japanese though next as I want it to work properly!

• Like 1

Yes. A lot of us who got early model cars were basically beta testers. I believe VW group released a lot of cars early to meet some sort of emissions target. They weren't ready but they released them anyway and we all had to do their testing. Might not have been so bad if the support had been better but it was lacking.

• Like 1

Received my mk4 Jan 2021 the only obvious problem I have is the sat nav not saving settings. Done almost 6k miles.  Car on variable servicing garage contacted me re: changing the oil as service indicater suggests oil change.  

On 18/01/2022 at 19:12, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

Yes, have got rid of mine. Wasn't tested properly before sale. Great potential but shouldn't be for the customer to test it for them. Really damaged my faith in the brand. Having said that, I went back to a MK3.5 and I can't speak highly enough about it. Probably Japanese though next as I want it to work properly!

I also got rid of mine.

Got sick of the dealer telling me that there are no updates available for the infotainment, blatantly lying when the evidence is readily available!! 

Speaking of Japanese, I had a current model Civic and the infotainment in that was even worse - if that's even possible!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ItalianJob said:

Speaking of Japanese, I had a current model Civic and the infotainment in that was even worse - if that's even possible!

But at least Apple Carplay/Android Auto works every time you get in, rather than once in a blue moon, if there is a star in the east with a blood red sky.

• Like 1

Definitely! I'm absolutely sick to death of mine. I've just come back inside after pi**ng around outside in the cold trying to remove fuses again, just so the car can reconnect to the net. I'm also sick of having to defrost the car because it randomly decided to not pre-heat like its supposed to. 

I think if I could hand it back tomorrow, I would, I just don't know what I'd have instead. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm pleased to say that I got rid of my iV on Monday 😁  It was purchased by another Skoda dealer and because of the way the market is currently, the car hasn't actually cost me a penny in the 9 months I've had it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beasty54 said:

Well, I'm pleased to say that I got rid of my iV on Monday 😁  It was purchased by another Skoda dealer and because of the way the market is currently, the car hasn't actually cost me a penny in the 9 months I've had it. 

I got £2.5K more than what I paid for mine. It's not very often that you don't lose a ton of money when trading a car in!

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

After a few months of ownership I can say that everything works as advertised. Android Auto has some bugs, but they're not critical and that can be Google's, phone manufacturer's or Skoda's fault, who knows. So no, I don't feel mis-sold.

Edited by zetzet
  • Like 1

No. 

A few electronic gremlins here and there (which will hopefully get sorted when in for service in a couple of weeks); had it almost a year