RE: 2006 vrS OWNERS STUTTER - SKODA UK FIX

Had the hesitation fix done to mine yesterday and nothing so far recurring. The car has done 1900 miles from new.

On the Technicians report 'Investigate hesitation around 1800rpm, checked desktop for bullitin. Modified EGR Gasket. Road test all Ok. The exhaust is not smoking either like before as I was getting plumes of smoke whenever I put my foot down hard. Skoda garage said they had the instructions from Skoda UK.

Spoke to my dealer and apparantly as is not a manufacturing fault i am expected to pay for the new gasket and for half the labour cost, what have you other guys had? I would have expected it to be fixed under warrenty without any need to shell out money. My dealer also tried to tell me that someone they knew had had the replacement gasket and had made the car worse to drive, but i thin kit was an attempt to make me not take out the fix. What do you guys reckon?

Its totally down to them to rectify this problem,take no rubbish from the Dealer. Make contact with Customer Services @ Skoda and express your displeasure at the prospect of being ripped off !!!!

There is no charge for the fix, somebody has crossed wires. Anybody getting the fix now is acting as guinea pigs for Skoda to test the latest attempt out for them, but it has worked on my car and has not hesitated since.

Don't accept your dealers explanation, the car is faulty and they are legally

responsible for the full cost of parts and labour under the Skoda warranty always

assuming your car is covered.

If yours is a 2006 model the fix is automatically made available where the

stutter problem has previously been registered with Skoda Customer Services

either by the vehicle owner or by the dealer following a complaint.

In my case Skoda phoned my dealer to instruct them to recall my car for

the ECU adaption and modified EGV gasket.

Best to proceed from an informed position so speak to Skoda first.

It's not a complete fix in my case but an improvement particularly the

fuel consumption but it still stutters and this is not acceptable for a new car.

Spoke to my dealer and apparantly as is not a manufacturing fault i am expected to pay for the new gasket and for half the labour cost, what have you other guys had? I would have expected it to be fixed under warrenty without any need to shell out money. My dealer also tried to tell me that someone they knew had had the replacement gasket and had made the car worse to drive, but i thin kit was an attempt to make me not take out the fix. What do you guys reckon?

this sound familier i know who your dealer is my advice is try another

well after going to have my cruise control fitted 230 mile round trip my stutter has gone completely the car also pulls a lot better though the gears now

although vrstu noticed the egr is actually a brand new unit ????

anyway i am now very happy with the car

This is the second fix as the first one was not meeting the emissions standard and dealers were instructed to remove it, This may well happen again with the second fix as VRStu says but at least it works at my end, Skoda UK rang today and the lady was delighted it had worked.

Mine is going in on wednesday, I rang Skoda UK today to find out if mine needed the software aswell as the EGR. Apparentely it's just the gasket that mine needs, I don't know whether that has anything to do with the fact that from reading on here I don't think mine is as bad as others seem to be.

My Dealer has said he will have the car all day so hopefully they will test it thoroughly, but I will try and take it out for a decent trip asap and update on here afterwards.

Same woman behind service desk tried that one with me until i quoted this site and that i had been in contact with skoda uk. They are fully aware that it is under warranty if you have any problems contact me and i and i will speak to them(they love me there not)

You had yours done then speedydevil? Will have to pop down there tomo I think and say i want it done asap, i told her about this site and what i had read, i also showed her my fraying seats and she said it was minor bobbling and she didnt know if was a bad case, but at end of day i used to have a fiesta that was 15 years old with seats as good as new and my car is less than 6 months old and at this rate the seat will have worn away within 5 years let alone 15, been waiting toi hear back for a few days as she emailed skoda uk about my seat.

You had yours done then speedydevil? Will have to pop down there tomo I think and say i want it done asap, i told her about this site and what i had read, i also showed her my fraying seats and she said it was minor bobbling and she didnt know if was a bad case, but at end of day i used to have a fiesta that was 15 years old with seats as good as new and my car is less than 6 months old and at this rate the seat will have worn away within 5 years let alone 15, been waiting toi hear back for a few days as she emailed skoda uk about my seat.

sorry for thread jack

get in quick said member of staff is on hols nice gent there at the mo

seems to know the score altough dont quote me on that

Mine is in now, for another reason, heater matrics not installed properly when new and getting second fix done. The first one was a modified EGR valve to 9mm and the second is a modified EGR valve to 14.5mm, the halifax garage have done two so far, me being the third and say they have had no comeback yet, should 95% solve the problem. Its worth a try, it doesnt really bother me too much, you get massive turbo lag anyway so theres not much difference really. Ill let you all know how it goes.

That's kinda the info I heard Alex but I wanted to be sure.

It's a gasket with a modified aperture to 14.5mm, the previous 9mm one seems to work but causes a failure of the Euro IV emmisions and hence cannot be applied by SUK.

There would be no reason why an owner couldn't fit his own one with a 9mm gasket if that suited his car better.

Not had mine done yet as i am waiting for a few reports to come back also the mrs is driving it. Reported the said problem to her and the sales man(N Robinson who could not do a enough to help me out even lend me his car when ever my oct vrs and fabia vrs are in there for work ) the said lady even admits to the same problem on her own car. As regards the seats i had leather fitted by a company in bristol when the car was new.But going back to the stuttering see the above salesman who is also aware of the problem and mention my name they do know it is covered by warranty just the said lady seems to forget that you are a customer at times