Update to Version 1969

I've upgraded to 1969 today and used FAT32 SD card? With usb adaptor.

Took about 20mins in total. Got a bit worried on CPU upgrade as bar didn't move for ages.

For my car on H61/1961 it only updated 4 modules. Other two showed 'D' in pre status. Guessing that meant I was already on that version.

Honestly for me, not noticed any difference yet. Feels like it takes same time to boot up. Was a bit slow right away, but I had plugged my usb stick in and it was probably indexing my music again

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Novascape said:

Honestly for me, not noticed any difference yet. Feels like it takes same time to boot up. Was a bit slow right away, but I had plugged my usb stick in and it was probably indexing my music again

I haven't noticed any speed difference, performs much the same way as 1941 which I always found relatively snappy.  One negative is the driver's seat position which linked to the individual key fob/user profile seems to have stopped working which is a minor annoyance.

6 minutes ago, spcdust said:

I haven't noticed any speed difference, performs much the same way as 1941 which I always found relatively snappy.  One negative is the driver's seat position which linked to the individual key fob/user profile seems to have stopped working which is a minor annoyance.

That won't affect me as I've only got manual seats with heating, so electrically positioned seats issue isn't an issue.

17 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

That won't affect me as I've only got manual seats with heating, so electrically positioned seats issue isn't an issue.

Thinking of doing a factory reset which would then require me to re-link accounts / User profiles to the car.  If I do this does the driving data get preserved such as long-term mpg?  My only trepidation is becoming the primary user again as had issues prior to getting the infotainment system updated to version 1941.

I've done factory reset about 7 times now to get my voice control working again. 

Primary user setup is nice and easy from 1961 as long as you have both keys

Not noticed long time stats sorry. I thought they still reset after 99hours of driving like it did in mk3

• Like 1

When nI bought my second hand Octavia in February the salesman confirmed that they had done a factory reset and all the driving data had been zeroed. 

3 hours ago, spcdust said:

I'm sure i saw someone else say the same thing either on here or Facebook...... Unless it was yourself? But didn't think it was you.

3 hours ago, spcdust said:

Same. But I'm not sure key memory has ever worked for me. But I'm without Skoda Connect and therefore without user profiles.

I wished they'd kept Personalisation 1.0 working for the rest of the world. It's an option in coding in the body control module, but it doesn't work because the MIB/Module 5F doesn't support it since MIB3.

20 hours ago, spcdust said:

One negative is the driver's seat position which linked to the individual key fob/user profile seems to have stopped working which is a minor annoyance.

Sorted this out - did a “Restore To Factory Settings” which unlinks the car to the user accounts.  Then logged back in /  reconnected the user accounts to the car and immediately started working once I has re-assigned each key to the individual accounts.  All seating and driving data retained as I guess it’s stored in the Cloud.

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpeg.2993f7e04795c97c56b091d117fe2eee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7f37b789782e41791a175aaed34602d0.jpeg

Hi all. First time here. 

I am based in AUS. I have had a few issues with the software on the car but every time i ask the dealer to look for updates they just say that it has the latest and at most update the maps data. 

I have had issues which i assume can be fixed withe software.

1. android auto connection via wireless. sometimes just fails to connect. 

2. I hear a loud pop sound played from all the speakers when approaching a locked car. This renders the audio function. ie no audio from any system, radio, android auto etc. It says assisted parking is not available. Also when reverse parking the sound does not work. and there is a orange triangle on the dash stating systems not available. 

3. randomly no pop sound or anything but no error message but audio just does not work. I try to reboot the info system but no audio. I have to lock the car and wait for it fully power off no power in infotainment system or dash maybe 10 -15 min and then if i turn the car back on ti starts working again. This issue has been happening more frequently now. 

I have tried to look for OTA updates but i don’t now if that even works in AUS as nothing happens when i search for that even after connecting the car to Wi-Fi.  I assume i cant do the software update myself as the version is super old? 

Anyone in AUS found a dealer that will do the updates ?

You do need to visit a dealer before you can update the software, there's a TPI regarding the matter of the SOS system popping, the other stuff maybe related.

But they should update the software to at least 1896? Before you can make the jump to 1941 & subsequently 1969, it may also need a replacement bit of hardware before it can be updated, again that should be covered by a TPI.

Posted (edited)

Where can I find the TPI's regarding the sos system etc updates? 

I have a 2023 SEL, had the SOS system and braking system go off. Had codes reset but since had the infotainment system crash. 

Attached is my current settings. How can I tell if the individual modules have the correct firmware updates, and what is the latest? 

IMG_20240504_150429965_HDR.jpg

Edited by Mk4Will

21 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

You do need to visit a dealer before you can update the software, there's a TPI regarding the matter of the SOS system popping, the other stuff maybe related.

But they should update the software to at least 1896? Before you can make the jump to 1941 & subsequently 1969, it may also need a replacement bit of hardware before it can be updated, again that should be covered by a TPI.

Thanks for the quick reply. 

So i have had the S-Assistance systems camera control unit siftware update done as well as they replaced the stearing wheel as that was the original fix. They then did the software update for that. not sure if it is the same TPI for SOS system.

I am going to book with the deeler for the safety recall for the heat protecrtion mat. Will try and see if they can do the software upgrade. I have asked them in the past with no luck. might have to see if their is another deeling willing to do it. 

1 hour ago, molesy94 said:

So i have had the S-Assistance systems camera control unit siftware update done as well as they replaced the stearing wheel as that was the original fix. They then did the software update for that. not sure if it is the same TPI for SOS system.

I am going to book with the deeler for the safety recall for the heat protecrtion mat. Will try and see if they can do the software upgrade. I have asked them in the past with no luck. might have to see if their is another deeling willing to do it. 

If you can try recording a video of the symptoms and share it with the dealer, that way that have evidence to justify warranty work which might help.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, molesy94 said:

I probably shouldn't share this much info from TPIs but I'm so sick of Australian dealers lying to owners.

You can download this info yourself from here by creating a free account and paying for an hour of access: https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

Version 1803 is woefully out of date. You should be on at least 1949. 

image.thumb.png.fb4315a9613935d17047f721cbbcf117.png

image.thumb.png.336c6015d43b740cc4d641e59d40a48c.png

Being an Australian vehicle you don't have an SOS system/OCU Module. However, there is a TPI to get the audio system updated if you have the optional Canton system.

Screenshot2024-05-06at12_16_53PM.thumb.png.6b2e3037048aa4b71ad3bab1936049e5.png

BUT, as this TPI states you need to be one at least on version 1896 before they can apply the audio module update.

So your dealer has been lying - which is unsurprising to me based on my experience.

If your car is older then 2022, you may also need you climatic module update too - see this thread: 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Found first thing in 1969 they still haven't fixed which annoys me.

Laura's voice still undergoes a sex change randomly and defaults to male. God knows why male is the default for something with voice control called Laura.

Never met a man called Laura, if it was Sue it could be understandable

Edited by Novascape

16 minutes ago, Novascape said:

Found first thing in 1969 they still haven't fixed which annoys me.

Laura's voice still undergoes a sex change randomly and defaults to male. God knows why male is the default for something with voice control called Laura.

Never met a man called Laura, if it was Sue it could be understandable

Well you never can tell whether Laura is a he or a she these days in the real world 🌎. 😬

8 hours ago, aaaaplay said:

I probably shouldn't share this much info from TPIs but I'm so sick of Australian dealers lying to owners.

You can download this info yourself from here by creating a free account and paying for an hour of access: https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

Version 1803 is woefully out of date. You should be on at least 1949. 

image.thumb.png.fb4315a9613935d17047f721cbbcf117.png

image.thumb.png.336c6015d43b740cc4d641e59d40a48c.png

Being an Australian vehicle you don't have an SOS system/OCU Module. However, there is a TPI to get the audio system updated if you have the optional Canton system.

Screenshot2024-05-06at12_16_53PM.thumb.png.6b2e3037048aa4b71ad3bab1936049e5.png

BUT, as this TPI states you need to be one at least on version 1896 before they can apply the audio module update.

So your dealer has been lying - which is unsurprising to me based on my experience.

If your car is older then 2022, you may also need you climatic module update too - see this thread: 

Thanks for the very detailed response. Looks like I will need to have an argument with them:/

1. I do have the canton system 

2. I do notice the AC sync control issue I though it was standard and so annoying good to know there is a fix. 

I am calling them tomorrow to book the safety recall and going to try and get them to do these updates. From what I can gather I need to get the following done by them

1. Infotainment system update to 1941 or higher (random park system not working & faster overall system)

2. TPI update for the audio issue after the above software 

3. Climate control module firmware update. (fix for sync issue)

I have the limited edition that came to AUS. i may need to call a few dealers around if my one does not do it.

14 hours ago, molesy94 said:

Thanks for the very detailed response. Looks like I will need to have an argument with them:/

1. I do have the canton system 

2. I do notice the AC sync control issue I though it was standard and so annoying good to know there is a fix. 

I am calling them tomorrow to book the safety recall and going to try and get them to do these updates. From what I can gather I need to get the following done by them

1. Infotainment system update to 1941 or higher (random park system not working & faster overall system)

2. TPI update for the audio issue after the above software 

3. Climate control module firmware update. (fix for sync issue)

I have the limited edition that came to AUS. i may need to call a few dealers around if my one does not do it.

I agree with that list. With the climate module update, make sure that you are clear the climate module needs an update. It took me three attempts to get mine updated because the tech claimed the infotainment system was up to date - it was, but the climate module was not because it's a seperate like the audio module.

I'm not sure if you're apart of the AuSkoda group, but I swear if dealers just updated the software or even WiFi updates, we'd have so many less owners complaining of software glitches. I can't stand some of the smug Mk3 Octavia and Superb owners lol - they forget the troubles their cars had when they first came out.

The original download link is not anymore available?

Any other link available?

Posted (edited)

Have a look over on the other thread.

Infotainment system restarting endlessly

This also contains a "How to" post on page 26, if there's a 1969 download available it will be towards the end of the thread.

Just be aware that if you get it, it's somewhere in the region of 9-9½Gb in size.

As per usual if you do use it, then you do it at your own risk and the forum cannot be held responsible if it bricks your infotainment system.

Edited by TheWanderer

22 hours ago, aaaaplay said:

I agree with that list. With the climate module update, make sure that you are clear the climate module needs an update. It took me three attempts to get mine updated because the tech claimed the infotainment system was up to date - it was, but the climate module was not because it's a seperate like the audio module.

I'm not sure if you're apart of the AuSkoda group, but I swear if dealers just updated the software or even WiFi updates, we'd have so many less owners complaining of software glitches. I can't stand some of the smug Mk3 Octavia and Superb owners lol - they forget the troubles their cars had when they first came out.

I called my service center and they want to book a diagnostic, and if they cant reproduce it they cant do any update as Skoda Australia will not pay for it.

Is the AuSkoda group the one on FB?