Update to Version 1969

On 07/04/2024 at 09:32, Markeknows said:

For those NOT native to the UK I would appreciate that once you have downloaded it, you make it available on your own forums in your own country as serving the whole of Europe’s needs is taking too much time. Thanks for understanding 

• Like 2

On 08/04/2024 at 16:12, STEV0 said:

Thanks for this. Have just updated to 1941 - All seems fine, and just had the OTA for the manual come through. Going to let it settle in for a week or 2 before I update to 1969. 👍🏻

Got 1969 and give it a good soak test on a 3 hour drive home after collecting the car. It's nice and slick and never missed a beat with Android Auto connected wirelessly.

Early days I know, but looks promising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItalianJob said:

Got 1969 and give it a good soak test on a 3 hour drive home after collecting the car. It's nice and slick and never missed a beat with Android Auto connected wirelessly.

Early days I know, but looks promising.

Good to know, thanks 👍🏻

I updated my Australian spec Octavia and everything seemed to go well. The only thing I noticed is Ethernet Switch and Mercury didn't update - but everything seems to function fine.

The biggest speed improvement I've noticed is cold boot.

For context, I have approach unlocking enabled and since this update the head unit is sitting in standby displaying the time well before I'm ready to press the ignition button.

Whereas before, I could be driving off while the MIB display still says Skoda - that's was on 1941.

IMG_0642.JPG

• Like 1

I've downloaded the 1969 file and it's sitting on my tablets memory card.

I don't know whether to do the update or just try and find a host so others can download it.

6 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I've downloaded the 1969 file and it's sitting on my tablets memory card.

I don't know whether to do the update or just try and find a host so others can download it.

An easier way to download it would be great 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16S2ntsqY8tKp9u9zLxEGX4oaTf7Wp_pS/view?usp=drivesdk
for those not based in the uk, it would be kind if you could share and publicise on your local Sķoda forums. The more people that get 1941 and 1969 the better cos Sķoda dealers on the whole don’t understand (or seem to care about) the problems we’ve all had living with their faulty cars. Once on 1941 and having had the SOS module replaced they are great cars, I’d go so far as to say it’s the most comfortable and satisfying car I’ve ever driven

Happy updating 😃 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Skoda now has a firmware update for the SOS / Telematics module which solves the issues and, it would seem, is no longer physically replacing the units.  I assume, originally, they hadn't formulated a fix so replacement was the only course of action available.  My module had the firmware updated and it went from crashing 8 out of 10 journeys to now being rock solid.

Agree with @Markeknows, now the software issues are sorted it's a great car.  Unfortunately, I think Skoda has damaged customers' trust and its reputation by initially releasing shoddy software and then taking a long time to sort it out.

Edited by spcdust
  • Like 1

hi guys, new here on this forum. I’ve just bought a 2021 Octavia vrs. When the wife and myself were test driving it, we noticed the pop pop sound, and although nothing SOS related popped up on the screen it’s obvious we need to update the system. I believe it’s running on 18 something, can’t remember. I have access to ODIS the VAG dealer tool, possibly a silly question but I imagine I can update the firmware and software through the dealer tool ? can anyone confirm this, or will I still need to download the update files and install via the USB port ? 

48 minutes ago, Felix2021 said:

For infotaiment you can update from USB, but for pop pop you need to upgrade telematics using ODIS.

Thanks. I imagine the files will be able to be downloaded directly from ODIS onto a usb stick? 

ODIS has (generally) restricted access to dealers only, so unlikely to be available to download. I also suspect that the consequences for any employee & franchise permitting a download to be downloaded  & distributed in the public domain could/would be quite dire for both.

Bite the proverbial bullet and get it done officially and then you have comeback on the dealer if it doesn't work and causes major problems.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2024 at 13:35, Maxi24 said:

FYI - you don't need to have the ignition switched on. You can simply switch the head unit on by itself - that way, you don't have any systems active / drawing power. But do not open the door during update as that may switch the unit off.

Personally, I have found 1969 to load faster and (so far) I haven't had any issues where the media player shows a black screen and that happened to me on pretty much every drive on 1941.

So there is no need for a battery charger in this case? 

I'm having my heat shield replaced in the next few days under the recall. Can anyone confirm if version 1969 is now being updated as a matter of course by the dealers. Or do you have to ask for it ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grady said:

Forgot to mention, I have have a 2020 SE L but have extended my warranty. 

Very unlikely they would update the Infotainment system software as a matter of course if you have not reported any associated issues - basically work on the principle of “if it isn’t broken….”.  If you request they update it they of course would do it but as a chargeable job.

As a side note it’s worth checking what your extended warranty covers.  I have a Skoda Approved Used Car warranty on my 2021 Octavia but software, and I assume firmware, problems and updates are excluded.

Edited by spcdust

Afternoon all, I just wanted to thank the community for access to these files and the guide. I was on 1941 but just updated to 1961 as I've been having Android Auto wireless connection issues. Annoyingly my dealer said they tested it with Apple CarPlay which was fine and no-one in the world had an Android phone!

The installation has gone smoothly and the system is really responsive but the issue with Wireless Android Auto remains. 

FYI I have tried with multiple Android devices, not just my own phone!

Edited by Gooders1978

On 07/04/2024 at 13:35, Maxi24 said:

FYI - you don't need to have the ignition switched on. You can simply switch the head unit on by itself - that way, you don't have any systems active / drawing power. But do not open the door during update as that may switch the unit off.

Personally, I have found 1969 to load faster and (so far) I haven't had any issues where the media player shows a black screen and that happened to me on pretty much every drive on 1941.

Thank you. I have successfully updated. All is okay for now. 

IMG_1521.jpg

21 minutes ago, Krle said:

Does someone have TPI document for this update? I'm curious for faults addressed with this. 

TPI_2065556-10.png.5d4f06e59cfc0299d190c193b46a2866.png

1 hour ago, spcdust said:

Very unlikely they would update the Infotainment system software as a matter of course if you have not reported any associated issues - basically work on the principle of “if it isn’t broken….”.  If you request they update it they of course would do it but as a chargeable job.

As a side note it’s worth checking what your extended warranty covers.  I have a Skoda Approved Used Car warranty on my 2021 Octavia but software, and I assume firmware, problems and updates are excluded.

My dealer called in January to tell me there is a TPI available for my car for upgrading from 1788 to 1941. Told me the factory is trying to upgrade all the cars with version lower than 1896 to the latest so cars will be able to get major updates over OTA. 

Hello guys.. I came across this post on a VW forum where some successfully updated but had to do an extra step using a OBD tool to fix software management error in control unit 5F

Did anyone here have to do it?

Here's the link to it 
https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/how-to-update-infotainment.9535048/post-116196522