New Model Fabia - finally some official photos!

rsbspt

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those commenting on how tall the car apears, well we have our friends in the EU to thank for this.

The reason all newly designed cars are tall, and it will show more on the small cars, is pedestrian safety. EU legislation now states a minimum gap between the top of the engine and the bonnet, and its huge something like 6 inches. All cars have to conform to this to get past EU certification. Even the MK2 octy suffers from this, the wing design tends to hide it though, then the bonne has quiet a large hump to get to the EU requirements. The only way round this will be to design an engine thats not as tall, or site the engine much lower in the engine bay.

FWIW I think the new Fabia looks good.

i read in auto express that the new fabia would come with the vw 1.4tsi engine, i didnt see a reference 2 it on the page though :S

liking it all apart form the front, just too much, and it seems to just stop rather than the nice sloping bonnet thats on the original.

Like the majority on here it seems' date=' I think it looks OK from the side/back, but that nose looks horrible IMHO. quote']

:confused: What glasses are you wearing?

I don't need glasses as I have 20/20 vision:) I did put IMHO (in my humble opionion) at the end of my statement as that is only my opinion. Everyone will like/dislike different things but it does seem that the majority of posters don't like the front.

I presume from your comment that you like the front?

Here are some alternative details of the NEW Fabia that confirm what has already been siad;

MNH - Drivetime - 14/12/2006

Two points though; 1. If you were to put the new Fabia alongside a Suzuki Swift, it would dwarf it; the Swift is really quite small (only 3500mm long); and 2. the Auto g'box will be Tiptronic.

Anyone know if its getting any wider or with folding mirrors ? the extra height and 2cm longer is no issue but with cars geeting wider they won't fit in the garage !

Totally agree with that - every model from every manufacturer seems to be bigger than it's predecessor yet as far as I can tell my garage is the same size;) Also spaces in car parks seem to be calculated on the assumption that we are all still driving Austin 7s!

One of the reasons we went from a MkIV Golf to the Fabia vRS was that the Golf V was bigger again and we didn't need or want anything bigger.

Anyone know if its getting any wider or with folding mirrors ? the extra height and 2cm longer is no issue but with cars geeting wider they won't fit in the garage !

It's actually 4mm narrower than the current Fabia, so you're in luck :)

dunno if its the colour but I really dont like it ! think i will keep mine for the time being just looks a bit to curvy for me I like the square un areo dynamic brick look of the furby i have more (lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody in their right mind will buy one for at least 12 months anyway, until all the niggles have been sorted out.

I bought a new shape ( 02) Polo, and despite loving the VAG brand, it drove me mad with all the niggles, and I traded it after 7 months.

Subsequently I bought a 53 plate one, and it has been absolutely fault free.

Nobody in their right mind will buy one for at least 12 months anyway, until all the niggles have been sorted out.

That suits me fine. I change every three years and my next change is due in March/April 2008. My main concern was that the new model would have increased in size and would not get into my garage. If that had been the case, I would have had to buy one of the last Mk1s. Also, I hope that more powerful engines will be available by next year.

Guest Fabia 12v
Photoshop from a Czech forum, having proper wheels makes quite some difference :)

fabgeorgerobed1.jpg

Dare i say it... in that pic looking like that... I like it :eek: