rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

I've just bought a 2014 s superb , I've been trying to connect my Samsung s4 phone to the car via bluetooth with no success, any ideas or tips?

I tried my Samsung galaxy also and neither seem to be able to see each other

Edited by peterposh
  • Like 1

I can only shake my head at all of this mess....

We bought a cheapo Sony single DIN head set for a bit more than 100 Euros last year and that little POS connects to all our phones (iPhone 4, 5, HTC HD and Sony Xperia Z1) can read our SMS (text messages) even from apps like What's App. Yet, now I (we all) are expected to pay vastly more money just to upgrade the capabilities of existing hardware (that is, IF I decide to change my POS module, instead of bining the entire crap for an Alpine 2 DIN)???

Anyway, I'm not finding the recomended serial numbers on e-bay or through that Polish site. The module numbers appear to be newer versions, but they all say that I will need to go to the dealership for programming. This is what worries me most. Anyone know (appox.) how much they'll charge for that "work?"

My current module is a 5N0 035 730 C. If I stick to a 5xx xxx xxx x series, will I have fewer problems with programming, or does it not matter as long as it's newer and can connect besides through rSAP?

Probably very little, and you should be ok with this for all phones but it will only work in hands free mode.  This means you will not get premium functionality such as text readout or WiFi hotspot but that is no great loss and it only works for those phones which can connect in rSap mode anyway (not iPhones for example).

Depending on how old your car is, you might not get the phone menu in the maxidot (although I'm not quite sure what the situation is with the older Superbs).  In that case you will need a head unit which can control things, such as a Columbus or Bolero.

Adam

Well, after using the search for iphone troubles , I found this excellent  thread. As a direct result, I ditched my plan to fit a parrot kit and have ordered, for about the same cost as a fitted parrot ck3100, a 5KO  module from a German retailer on ebay.

The car must have successfully paired with the previous owner's phone, as it still flashes his details into the MFD on start-up

Am I right in thinking that I won't need to fit microphones etc, just change the 3C8 module under the driving seat for the 5KO one?

. :wonder:

I saw  a bluetooth unit  3C8035730D ex 2014 skoda on ebay. Will this work with iphone 4s?

What a nuisance this is turning out to be..otherwise very happy with Superb elegance estate 2010 aaagh!

Yes that module is the premium type which connects in both rsap and hfp mode, the latter is supported by the iphone.

Is it the one for £100 as that is a good price?

Adam

Well fellow Skodians, I have to give all of you on this thread a big thanks. the module arrived at 1300 today. By 1320 the glw's I-phone was fully paired up . I can't seem to synch the phonebook from my Samsung Galaxy, but I'm not bothered that much, it is after all, the glw's car. The galaxy does music stream, but only to the right hand channel. I'll bone up and see if I can cure that as well.

thanks again everyone. :rofl:

Has anyone got themselves a Galaxy S5 yet, as I am just wondering if this phone supports RSAP ( as my Galaxy S3 does), as I want to get a phone with RSAP if I am going to upgrade.

Thanks for any help.

Very interesting reading on this post in relation to handsfree kits,

I have a 2009 Superb Greenline with no device under the seat,

any recommendation on what device I could install for handsfree, car has Belaero radio and a very basic nokia C2-01

thanks

Hello Everyone,

Right then, I have read this thread twice now - yep all 11 pages of it in all its glory! 

So where am I on all of this.

I am new to Skoda's so be nice (please), after taking delivery of a used 2010 Superb estate 2.0 (170) - WOW!! As a starter for 10! 

When testing it out I checked the BT with my phone which didn't work (Samsung Galaxy Note II running Android 4.4custom ROM). Quick google search later and I found this website / forum. All good so far.

I read this post page to page and it seems to be very centric on swapping out the module under the passenger front seat for something that is more up to date - again all good, should I choose to go down this route. 

What I have done, if it is helpful to others (I see a couple of posts above asking this sort of thing) is used this application via the Google Play Store to get the Galaxy Note II working in handsfree mode - rSAP Bluetooth Sim Access (android-rsap.com) nb I have nothing to do with the company or person I am a paying customer of theirs. 

I will also be trying out the Bluetooth Phone Book solution that can also be found on the website as the phonebook only seems to have copied over limited numbers of my phones contacts, even though I changed the source location etc.

What I can't fathom out right now is how to stream music from my phone to the Columbus system. I am sure that it is mentioned in the multitude of posts within the 11 pages however if someone can spare me the sift again that would be appreciated. I will check the serial numbers of the module under the passenger seat today but right now I am happy that I managed to get a bluetooth connection! 

Great forum by the way - far better than some others that I have been on / used for other manufactures vehicles that I have owned. 

Cheers in advance.

WB

Very interesting reading on this post in relation to handsfree kits,

I have a 2009 Superb Greenline with no device under the seat,

any recommendation on what device I could install for handsfree, car has Belaero radio and a very basic nokia C2-01

thanks

If you don't have anything already fitted then this is a really good little unit Parrot MKi9200, but it completely depends upon what you are wanting it to do. If it is just taking / making calls and listening to music then this is spot on. You could however pay less and not get the screen etc. Personally for the money, and seeing how easily it performs etc I think its a good return on the money. Shop around though, especially if you are going to pay for fitting! Prices are varied out there. 

Again, I don't work for this company or have anything to do with them. My recommendation comes from fitting one in the Mrs (ex now  :( ) Fiat 500 and she loved it. It must have been good because she just got on with it and never had any problems with it! 

Hope this helps.

WB

Hello Everyone,

Right then, I have read this thread twice now - yep all 11 pages of it in all its glory!

So where am I on all of this.

I am new to Skoda's so be nice (please), after taking delivery of a used 2010 Superb estate 2.0 (170) - WOW!! As a starter for 10!

When testing it out I checked the BT with my phone which didn't work (Samsung Galaxy Note II running Android 4.4custom ROM). Quick google search later and I found this website / forum. All good so far.

I read this post page to page and it seems to be very centric on swapping out the module under the passenger front seat for something that is more up to date - again all good, should I choose to go down this route.

What I have done, if it is helpful to others (I see a couple of posts above asking this sort of thing) is used this application via the Google Play Store to get the Galaxy Note II working in handsfree mode - rSAP Bluetooth Sim Access (android-rsap.com) nb I have nothing to do with the company or person I am a paying customer of theirs.

I will also be trying out the Bluetooth Phone Book solution that can also be found on the website as the phonebook only seems to have copied over limited numbers of my phones contacts, even though I changed the source location etc.

What I can't fathom out right now is how to stream music from my phone to the Columbus system. I am sure that it is mentioned in the multitude of posts within the 11 pages however if someone can spare me the sift again that would be appreciated. I will check the serial numbers of the module under the passenger seat today but right now I am happy that I managed to get a bluetooth connection!

Great forum by the way - far better than some others that I have been on / used for other manufactures vehicles that I have owned.

Cheers in advance.

WB

You probably have an older unit which doesn't support streaming. If its 5N0...a/b/c those units don't.

Adam

If you don't have anything already fitted then this is a really good little unit Parrot MKi9200, but it completely depends upon what you are wanting it to do. If it is just taking / making calls and listening to music then this is spot on. You could however pay less and not get the screen etc. Personally for the money, and seeing how easily it performs etc I think its a good return on the money. Shop around though, especially if you are going to pay for fitting! Prices are varied out there. 

Again, I don't work for this company or have anything to do with them. My recommendation comes from fitting one in the Mrs (ex now  :( ) Fiat 500 and she loved it. It must have been good because she just got on with it and never had any problems with it! 

Hope this helps.

WB

Thanks for your reply,

I have a parrot CK3100 fitted, but I've had to disconnect it as its interfering the operation of the twin boot. The motors fail to work, but once I disconnect the battery for a few minutes then re-connect then it resets and works again until the next time. It became as frequent as twice a week, I rang the parrot fitter and he knew nothing, but on my observation of disconnecting the parrot, the boot has never failed to open. Did I need VCDS to code the parrot?

This is why im on the look out for a bluetooth module for under the seat, so that I can make calls, take calls handsfree. not after anything more complicated than that.  I have a post up on this site that have given me some good advise on what device to get, so seriously thinking about it.  I wounder if any of the cable's or Mic's from the parrot be of any use for the bluetooth module?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2010 Superb Estate, with a 5NO 035 730 B module and RCD-310 (Swing) Audio unit.

Today I am using the Android rSAP app to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 to the car, but I am not able to stream audio, and this module does not support Hand Free Protocol (and does not support my wife's iPhone).

As I understand from reading this thread, there are two compatible units;

5N0 035 730 D

3C8 035 730 A

However, these are rare to find, and relatively expensive (due to demand?)

Newer units, like 3C8 035 730 D, are easier to obtain, and cheaper...

Anyone know if this newer unit will work qith my setup?

Is there a risk that I need to have the car serviced (software upgrade or similar)?

I fitted a 3C8 035 730 D to my 2010 Superb estate and it works perfectly.

It will connect in either handsfree or rsap and let you switch between them on the go or after you have connected in either mode should you wish to.

It will also create a wireless connection using your phones data plan if you want and read out your text messages

• Like 2

It will work perfectly, but this module does generate error messages if it isn't properly coded (with vcds).

Sent with Tapatalk.

I've not noticed any error messages so far, other than now and again I'll lose Bluetooth connection but within a few seconds it connects again. On a long journey of, say, 300 miles this could happen 2 or 3 times.

It never needed coding with vcds

If you buy a new 3C8 035 730 D and do not code it, it will work perfectly, but when you read the car's error messages (with VCDS or VAS), you will see it generates two error messages:

9458193 - Control Module for Cellular Telephone

B1052 14 [009] - Open or Short to Ground

Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 4

Fault Frequency: 1

13636352 - Control module not coded
U1013 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 1

I solved the second error by copying the WSC (WorkShopCode) from the old module, and the first one by enabling the bit "Operating Unit for Cell Phone Preparation (3-Button Keypad) inactive"

Edited by andrehj

Thanks Andre. I see what you mean.

You say the unit will work perfectly which mine seems to do apart from, like I said, it will drop the bluetooth connection occasionally. The car was in Skoda recently for a minor service and they never reported any errors, thats if they do a check for errors of course.

I don`t have my original 3C8.......A module any more so if I need to remove the codes would the WSC from any A module do. I don`t have VCDS by the way so I would need to contact a friendly member.