rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Received my 3C8 035 730 D unit yesterday and replacing the original unit was done in 5 minutes, incl connecting both my Galaxy S4 and my wifes iPhone5.

I have two issues;

1. Bluetooth streaming only produces sound in right channel. Seems this is a known issue as wiring to left channel is missing (Audio streaming through BT was not invented in 2010  :D  ) Calls are in stereo, though...

2. Experiencing connection drops, also when listening to the radio. Never experiencing this before I switched units, and I find it strange that the radio was affected. (I can understand drop in audio during calls or streaming since this connection is done through the BT module, but the radio...?)

Not sure what to do, but my alternatives are to live with it, or get the wiring done, and possibly update the software...

Hello Guys,

My name is Peter and i living in Oxford. I have a 2009 SuperB 2.0 TDi Elegance hatchback. My problem is: my phone ( iPhone 4 ) is not compatible with my bletooth kit. What you guys think,which one is the best bluetooth kit for me?  Thank you the answers.

These days the price of the premium modules is pretty cheap so you can go for a 3c8 035 730 d module. These work in both hfp and rsap modes (your current module only works in rsap mode). The iphone needs hfp mode. Later if you get a different phone that works in rsap mode, you can get the premium functions, but even in hfp mode, the functionality is good, including streaming and phone book sync etc.

I am assuming you have maxidot in your car for pairing and its a Superb2 with the newer BAP maxidot. Hopefully someone who knows more about Superbs can confirm the latter.

So, I decided to have a go at the wiring for the new BT module (3C8 035 730 D), since I only had sound in right channel.

Ordered this cable: VW A2DP Bluetooth Audio Stream - Upgrade (http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-a2dp-bluetooth-audio-stream-upgrade,id248.html)

Delivered in 5 days, I spent a couple of hours fitting it.

The instructions from the vendor was descriptive, but it was still quite a difficult and fiddly job to perform.

After removing the audio unit, the cable connectors were a really thight fit into the cable holder.

I removed the side of the dashboard (on passenger side), and inserted a wire clothes hanger behind the dashboard and into the audio unit bay, taped the cable to the wire and pulled it though.

Next step was to insert wire hanger into the cable gate in the floor (by the BT module) until I could see the end by the dashboard and the cars A-post.

Taped the cable to the wire again and  pulled it through.

Connected the wires as instructed in the manual, and reassembled everything.

Now my Galaxy S4 (and my wifes iPhone) can stream BT audio with stereo sound!

(Sorry that I don't have any pictures or video of the installation. That thought came to me after I was finished)

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity I may upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Slll in the near future which I have confirmed works OK in rSap mode, which other new handsets have fellow members got that also work 100% with the rSap in the new (2014/2015) Superb?

Mine arrives soon and as my upgrade date approaches for my phone it would be good to get another that works OK in rSap :)

Stu 

Just out of curiosity I may upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Slll in the near future which I have confirmed works OK in rSap mode, which other new handsets have fellow members got that also work 100% with the rSap in the new (2014/2015) Superb?

Mine arrives soon and as my upgrade date approaches for my phone it would be good to get another that works OK in rSap :)

Stu

My Note 3 works as well as the S3 did previously so it's probably fair to say that all of the modern Samsungs should be ok.

As you probably know the iPhones don't do rSap

will a 3C8 035 730 D work plug and play

It did for me though apparently it throws up a few error codes on vcds but that's something I don't understand.

I've noticed lately that voice dialling doesn't work. I ask it to dial a number and the system comes back and says "redialling" and then proceeds to dial a random number from my stored phone book. I can't say though if this is down to the Bluetooth module or whether there's something else wrong. I've never had much luck with voice commands.

It did for me though apparently it throws up a few error codes on vcds but that's something I don't understand.

I've noticed lately that voice dialling doesn't work. I ask it to dial a number and the system comes back and says "redialling" and then proceeds to dial a random number from my stored phone book. I can't say though if this is down to the Bluetooth module or whether there's something else wrong. I've never had much luck with voice commands.

ok thanks for that 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have also been looking at a 3C8 035 730 D Unit on Ebay... Mine is currently a 3C8 035 730

Anyone had success in getting this installed and working with an iPhone 5? If not, does the 3C8 035 730A...B...C work with an iPhone 5?

I have a 58 plate Superb II Elegance.

Cheers!

Dan

Edited by Bonerparte

• 3 weeks later...

My superb is installed with a 5n0 035 730 d - but I have a lot of problems with connecting my iPhone - it works only 1/10 times and requires 20 minutes - has any of ya had this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyboy,My name is Peter and i living in Oxford. I have a 09 plate SuperB 2 and i would like to change the bluetooth kit on my car,because the current one is not compatible with my iPhone 5.  Does anyone have any idea what that would be the best choice? And is any chance someone sell aluminum or steel rims without tires?  Thank you the answer. 

Thanks to this thread my elegance has gone from rSAP with sound coming through the right speaker to full hands free, iphone streaming stereo goodness. Really handy wiring advice for the right sided cars. Used shielded cat5 and works treat with the repair wires.

At first it didn't work and on testing the mic during a call that didn't work. I then realised I put the green block connector in the wrong way. Took the RNS out and span it around, worked a treat :) spotify on the move via Bluetooth, whoop :)

• 2 weeks later...

I try again:  Hello Everyboy,My name is Peter and i living in Oxford. I have a 09 plate SuperB 2 and i would like to change the bluetooth kit on my car,because the current one is not compatible with my iPhone 5. The module number is:  5N0 035 730 A . Does anyone have any idea what that would be the best choice? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Im ordering  new car for next year and it seems to be coming with the basic bluetooth- Im getting the amundsen (spelling?) sat nav. Any idea if this will work with my iPhone 5c or am I likely to have problems from day one? Do I need to spec another option?

Has anyone got an HTC One or HTC One Mini working with their bluetooth module - if so, what module are you using (which version) and what functionality have you got?

I have a HTC ONE (m8)

It works perfectly on my Skoda Superb Elegance..

It also connects with rSAP, which means the car becomes the phone and so reception/call quality is better.

However you lose data connection on the phone, because the car takes it. Dont know i the car needs it for any purpose.

I have a HTC ONE (m8)

It works perfectly on my Skoda Superb Elegance..

It also connects with rSAP, which means the car becomes the phone and so reception/call quality is better.

However you lose data connection on the phone, because the car takes it. Dont know i the car needs it for any purpose.

Mine won't connect at all - "uncompatible device" - mine's a 2008 model though, so you might have something more recent and up to date.

Currently I have installed a 3C8 035 730 - can't see a prefix (although link to blurry picture below).

http://i.imgur.com/QmSX8i2.jpg

Sounds like I need to upgrade to the 3C8 035 730 D version.

Hi

Was looking to upgrade phone (from Iphone 4) to the Samsung Galaxy S5.   Just picked up a new  Superb Elegance 140.   Saw some users having issues with the contact list on the Columbus using bluetooth - is this all users?  Is the S4 sim affected?

No probs at mom with Iphone (300+ contacts on phone)

Cheers

N