Citigo vRS

VRS-Powered

Why does everyone put the horrible Fabia vRS wheels on things these days?!

There's gonna be an up! GT apparently, with a 1.0 3-pot turbo. It won't be in the Skoda though! Might not even be in the Seat!

To be fair, not as bad as the all-black ones... just... they don't seem to suit it? Not in the same way that the 16" Spiders suited the Mk1... Meh! :)

reading on autocar vw have launched an up version of the gt,which has a 1.0 turbo so maybe skoda will probably do a vrs model

more info on link: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/277891/volkswagen_up_gt.html

"VW a spiritual successor to the much-loved Lupo GTI."

Mmmm. I don't know about "much loved" as only sold 995 in the UK. However, I had one and it remains my favourite car I've owned.

To be fair, not as bad as the all-black ones... just... they don't seem to suit it? Not in the same way that the 16" Spiders suited the Mk1... Meh! :)

I had a MKI and the Gigaro alloys on the MKII look way smarter (I've got Dark Chrome).

• 4 weeks later...

To be fair, not as bad as the all-black ones... just... they don't seem to suit it? Not in the same way that the 16" Spiders suited the Mk1... Meh! emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Mine are all black and I love them; very easy to keep/appear clean.

Tony

• 4 months later...

I think that Skoda are thinking much more of their 'Sporty' models being 'Sporty' only in looks and not in actual Performance.

http://www.briskoda....e-sporty-models

Among other VAG models like the New Audi A3 the 1.8 turbo has the same performance as a 1.4 TSI Fabia.

It is all now about Emissions or Perceived and published emissions if not actual real life.

The New Seat 150 BHP has the same quoted MPG as the 185bhp A1 and the 180 BHP VW Polo but these are quoted as better than those for the 180bhp Fabia.

(their own comparison on a VW Website shows the same engine on the Audi and VW as Twin Charger,Super and Turbo and the Skoda as Turbo.)

The Seat, Audi & VW are £120 road tax and the Skoda is £135.

The difference is the Tyre size and an extra weight under the rear bumper of the Skoda Hatchback.

VAG are at the capers with Skoda vehicles and its customers & i think their Performance & 'Sporty' as in better handling and a little faster but affordable car days are over.

george

Edited by sk4gw

Now that I would consider buying!!

My number one project would be 1.8T Lupo, and that would pretty much negate the need for it emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Makes you wonder if the 1.8t would fit in a Citygo that only comes with a 3cyl...

No, let's not go there, I'm trying to be sensible! :D