CAVE & CTHE 1.4TSI, Just reply please if you have had an engine replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

mine went back in for some minor work following the engine replacement. bearings went a little dodgy. I think come november or whenever the golf r400 comes out i'll be trading my part exing/selling my fabia. might look at what i'd get for mine against a golf R pretty soon though.

The replacement engine used 15ltrs of oil in 20k miles? Why didn't you tell them to take it back and give you one which actually works?

because it goes up and down and when i last had it weighed it only worked out at 0.49 per 1000km. i was so close to blowing my top i just had to walk away, it took 3 attempts to get that result making me think the previous 2 failed, each time they had a different excuse, oh sorry sir it was a different technician carrying out the test etc etc so full of bull you wouldn't believe it

Having already had 1 engine replaced i seriously doubt they'd be that keen to replace it again, probably close to what the cars worth

i look at it this way though, if there was nothing wrong with my car then why have i never had to pay for a service, why did they give me £300 skoda voucher which ive used to mot the car and buy more oil? in my eyes no fault = no compensation, there just stringing me on which is why it had to go

It was much worse than stringing on Owners.

VW / Skoda /Seat / Audi left oil burners to go into the Car Trade and become the property of more owners when they knew there were issues,

even issues of Engines they actually provided for Replacement.

The Volkswagen Group and their 4 Manufacturers using their engines are the ones that have been allowing this situation 

to go on for 5 years now.

Surely the engines that will be going to have issues are showing them by now,

but no matter if not Volkswagen will have this carrying on until the last of the 1.4 TSI / TFSI Twincharger 132-136 KW are all sorted and fit for purpose.

They might treat Customers like Mushrooms and try to just discontinue Production, but they will keep being reminded 

of their Design, Manufacturing or Quality Control and the lack of Honesty.

I have a 2011 Cave thats currently having a new CTHE engine fitted. Car has done 47k miles, High oil usage, Broke 2 week old spark plugs and scored the cylinder 2 bore.

Car is out of Warranty by 1 month but have a full skoda history so this is being completed under good will Warranty.

Extended Warranty will now be taken out.

• Like 1

I have a 2011 Cave thats currently having a new CTHE engine fitted. Car has done 47k miles, High oil usage, Broke 2 week old spark plugs and scored the cylinder 2 bore.

Car is out of Warranty by 1 month but have a full skoda history so this is being completed under good will Warranty.

so i was right! THEY ARE FITTING CTHE ENGINES! 

Skoda UKCS should give you 2 years anyway with the new engine.

• Like 1

that is correct as mine is going through that might be different if out of warranty

No reason to be different imo.

Goodwill replacement is an admission by Skoda that engine was deficient .

Hence new engine -new warranty applies.

Edited by vrskeith

My engine was replaced with another cave which has strengthened components apparently. Not to bothered by this as they've slapped a 2 year warranty on it, the first sign of any more oil used than expected she'll be going back!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Broke my vow.  many times. sorry vxh26

So this week BBC Watchdog are running a feature on Audi and the 2.0 TFSI Engines Oil Use & Failure.

?

Any more Members on here had new 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132-136 kw Engines not already in this thread?

• 3 weeks later...

Not been on for a while but am now on my replacement Fabia VRS 63 plate which had a CTHE engine. I got this car in May 14 after rejecting my first VRS 62 plate after one year and 2 replacement engines (both CAVE) as all the engine used excessive oil. So having had a car with 3 defective oil burning engines,(this is top to bottom of the dipstick in around 600 miles or less) and rejecting the car was given the new VRS.

I was assured it had a CTHE engine and the oil burning issue would not affect this one. After 4 weeks and 500 miles the oil was gone. Tried to reject this car on same basis as previously but was told no as they had not been given a chance to fix the issue.

Anyway eventually they replaced the engine again, I'm therefore on my 5th engine and now it is fine. Since the engine was fitted in October 14 I've not had to put any oil in at all and it's not burnt any oil. Its still on the max mark on the dipstick as it was in October.

Anyone you speak with at Skoda acknowledges there is an issue with these engines and oil consumption but as both my cars were demos with 2500/3000 miles on the clock they should never have been sold with the defective engines.

Obviously happy with car now as I seem to have a rare non oil burning car that is fun when fast and can still pull 50mpg if want to be boring.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

We are currently having our engine replaced due to timing chain problem - 1.2 TSi Yeti 32,000 miles just out of warrenty. SUK washed their hands of it as we had not had our services through a dealer. We do not intend to keep it following replacement as we have lost all faith.

Thank you for collecting this data.