So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Over the weekend I Have cleaned the t.b and replaced the gasket i also replaced some of the vacuum lines focusing on the braided ones under the inlet manifold and the actuater ones it drives so much better now :)post-115680-0-47571600-1403469801_thumb.jpgpost-115680-0-06760300-1403469813_thumb.jpgpost-115680-0-05818300-1403469827_thumb.jpgpost-115680-0-62517200-1403469838_thumb.jpgpost-115680-0-84662500-1403469866_thumb.jpgpost-115680-0-68487400-1403469883_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Oil, oil filter, pollen filter, fitted front mudflaps and cleaned out lots of mud and crud behind plastic wheel arches!

Car keeps blowing passenger side rear brake bulb, not sure why. Second time ive changed it this weekend.

Cleaned the interior this week....first time since last July (still had sand in the boot from last summer). Still need to wash the outside and restore the black trim, got front strut brace to fit and golf sunglasses holder. Rear calipers on the way...

Just ordered a toffee wheel to remove the sticky crap from removing the side strips. Also in the process of spraying my wing and removing rust from sills. Got a bad feeling one of them will need cutting and welding. Also got ap coilovers to fit along with a tt strutbrace. Busy busy lol

Been thinking of doing this for a long time.

Lately, the paint lacquer started peeling off the rear spoiler and the skoda emblem looks like #%&$, so i repainted the boot lid and rear spoiler and i removed the emblem.

Love the new clean look.

before:

IMG_1897_zpsafabe218.jpg

after:

IMG_1915_zpsec52a544.jpg

No pics with the number plate on, but you get the point.

• Like 1

Other weekend fitted pre recall TT lower arms and fitted the quick rack, hub carriers off a TT with all new bearings,hubs, powerflex bushes and meyle hd droplinks TT subframe bushes drives so much better 

• Like 2

Finally i managed to install my custom decat downpipe and a custom non-resonated catback. I still have the original backbox.

Inside the car it is unbelievably quiet. i was expecting much more noise.

From the outside, not the best sound, but that is not a big surprise.

Enjoy:

Since I last got on here I have done the following...

New discs and Borg n beck pads - rear,

Wide mouth front bumper,

Fitted welly cooler (waiting on hard pipes to be made up),

Simplified evap system,

Deleted pcv system and fitted oil catch can setup,

Deleted n249 and n112 valves,

Removed all hard lines along side of block,

Removed sai pump,

Removed forge actuator and fitted a good standard item wound on 3 turns,

New turbo (yes, again! :-/ ),

New boost gauge,

Deleted air con and fitted smaller aux belt (due to a seized and rattly aircon pump!),

So have just bagged myself a forge t.I.p, which I will fit when it arrives, alloy expansion tank, and alloy power steering bottle..

Lots in my pipeline lol :-)

Oh, the forge actuator was my overboost and subsequent limp mode issue.!!

Found the culprit in the end..

Found that the forge actuator had a red spring fitted which is the strongest forge do! So it wasn't opening the Watergate, car was overboosting and going into limp mode. Now that's changed the car has never been better along with the other things I've done :)

So far this year.... Changed n/s/r brake caliper that was sticking,new discs and pads all round,changed brake fluid,fixed the dud connection to the n/s/r light and sorted the black trim on the n/s/f corner so it doesn't keep coming off.Next on the list is find where the sodding exhaust is blowing from (think it's somewhere between the turbo and the cat),get the inside drivers door handle working again (hasn't worked since a temper-induced door-slamming incident) and get rid of the fault lights on the dash (think it's something to do with the maf sensor).Always something to be doing with the vrs,but it does well for a 13yr old car

I've been finishing up fitting my fmic setup with bam boost pipework and intake manifold, needs a bit of fettling (or tidying up) but is running well... ready for a remap! :p

Cool, I can't wait to install my fmic which is about the same size, and of course, the mandatory remap after that  :devil:

In the meantime, my custom debadged, milotec looking, front grill arrived.

I am very happy with the result.

IMG_2112_zps3e268b57.jpg

• Like 2

Finally i managed to install my custom decat downpipe and a custom non-resonated catback. I still have the original backbox.

Inside the car it is unbelievably quiet. i was expecting much more noise.

From the outside, not the best sound, but that is not a big surprise.

Enjoy:

paul, you say it's not the best sound, it's a damn sight better than standard, I wouldn't mind it on my car.