'Superb' Fuel economy

What price is diesel in france?

Last time I was there in June, it was about €1.15 per litre, which is about £0.82 per litre at the current exchange rate.

So as im driving to spain soon, maybe go almost empty and fill up in calais, thats a good saving over £1.179/ltr 

Yes (Cité Europe is the cheapest place ‘in’ Calais)

It never failed to amaze me how many brits would fill up at the BP garage on the entrance to Dover docks... going both ways!

MPG for my 2014 Superb II 1.4 tsi proving consistent  - Mixture of A road, round town (traffic) and a bit of motorway :-

post-18040-0-50383300-1438976910_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigjohn

760 ish mile round trip today and 2 refuel events.10 mile range left in tank.

Eastbourne to Lake district,Lake district to Norwich (don't ask) Norwich back to Eastbourne.

No driver fatigue everything very comfortable and added 120 nectar points today :whew: .

I am still getting 770 to 800 miles on a tankful with my 1.6 Greenline with an all time high of 856 miles on a brim to brim.  Economy is not quite so good in the summer due to aircon. Spring and autumn seem to produce the best economy for me. 

Last time I was there in June, it was about €1.15 per litre, which is about £0.82 per litre at the current exchange rate.

€1.13 couple of weeks ago in Vendee

I am still getting 770 to 800 miles on a tankful with my 1.6 Greenline with an all time high of 856 miles on a brim to brim.  Economy is not quite so good in the summer due to aircon. Spring and autumn seem to produce the best economy for me. 

Thats a great range considering our tanks aren't very big.

I'm getting about 600 miles to a tank, with about 150 + showing as remaining. I don't like going into the last quarter till I get used to the car!

My overall MPG to date is 58MPG (Fill to Fill). Computer shows on average 8% better.

Our diesel here in Ireland is about 15C/Litre cheaper than petrol, so it means our Superb is cheaper per mile than our Prius !

I see our diesel is down to about €1.2/Litre. (84 Pence)

Edited by eagerv

Eagerv, I checked it again this morning, 792 miles out of this tankful. The light warning me of only '125 miles' of fuel left had come on at 770 miles.  My driving conditions though are not that normal. I never drive less than 90 minutes and as my daily 150 miles of commuting are on the M25 around London, I spend a lot of time cruising in heavy traffic at 60-65 mph where the economy is brilliant. Its not unusual for the single trip fuel economy 'Option 1' on the computer to be showing 77-78 mpg as I pull in the office car park. In steady state mid-speed driving the Greenline is very cheap car to run.   It is partly for this reason that I have decided not to upgrade just yet to the new Superb as I want to see what the new Greenline looks like first.

You can see my results below - fast motorway runs show over 50 mpg but a spell of urban running soon wipes that out.

Wow, your diesel Focus CC is worse than my 2.0TSi VW EOS....., & I think that the EOS is heavier too.

Maybe it's re-map does improve the economy when I'm not unleashing all of the 250 horses! 

DC

I am one of those sad people who log every litre of fuel and mile that my car does,

The end result is as below, most of my driving is long runs. I could bore you with the results of each and every fill up, but I am sure you can only take so much trivia. I always fill the tank to the brim and record the speedo reading each time.

Miles/Day Days Total Miles Litres  Cost  MPG  p/mile           69.72 579 40,369 3,894 4,851 47.06  £   0.1202        

• Like 1

I am one of those sad people who log every litre of fuel and mile that my car does,

The end result is as below, most of my driving is long runs. I could bore you with the results of each and every fill up, but I am sure you can only take so much trivia. I always fill the tank to the brim and record the speedo reading each time.

Miles/Day Days Total Miles Litres  Cost  MPG  p/mile           69.72 579 40,369 3,894 4,851 47.06  £   0.1202        

Me too, for many years now,

Scruffy note books going back into the'90's..............

Just drove 1200+ miles in Bulgaria for £73.

Mind you, that was a Renault Clio 1.5dci hire car. 64+ mpg! - lots of labyrinthine town driving and two very extended blats at high motorway speeds.  I reckon my Superb would have been averaging about 32-35 over the routes I've taken.  :envy:

I would have thought that 55 - 60 MPG was pretty reasonable for the conditions you were driving in ... between 80MPH and crawling traffic, as neither of those are going to get you record breaking figures.

Filled up at a really unpleasant service area (AVIA) and had a kip, 150 miles to Calais, then home, then fetch the dogs home, then worked half a day, say derv at £1.089 so filled up, 420 miles.... 63mpg

the magical 70mpg must take some serious feathering and long hours in 6th

The end result is as below, most of my driving is long runs. I could bore you with the results of each and every fill up, but I am sure you can only take so much trivia. I always fill the tank to 

hey, we have Fuelly and spirit monitor now!

• 2 weeks later...

I did a run yesterday from  cardiff via  bristol and london return , I averaged 64.4 on the display , mostly stuck at a real 70 mph on the gps/sat nav ,apart from an hour of  stop start traffic in that london , can't complain about that

• 2 weeks later...

Well my previous tank I managed over 57mpg and this tank with more town driving I got 55.56mpg. Quite chuffed with that.

BTW that is calculated by how many miles the car did from last fill up to how many litres I put in with no refference to the maxidot. :thumbup:

Nearly forgot to mention that each litre cost 86.9 pence. :D  :clap:

Edited by Danny 57

My Greenline II Hatch (manual gearbox) has averaged just over 55 mpg over the last 2,500 miles.

Yesterday - Chesterfield to Market Harborough, around 65 - 70 miles - for the first time achieved over 70mpg (70.4) helped by loads of 50mph stretches on the M1 (and very smooth anticipative driving :notme: ) not to mention the single huge benefit of a manual gearbox - the coast.

Much higher speed on the trip back much later (although with the same roadworks and more in place) achieved 60 mpg.

When I first got the car I carried out several fill to fill calculations and found that the on board computer was pretty much spot on so have relied on that since.

Even it's a little bit out I find the performance and efficiency of this car outstanding.

• Like 1

My Greenline II Hatch (manual gearbox) has averaged just over 55 mpg over the last 2,500 miles.

Yesterday - Chesterfield to Market Harborough, around 65 - 70 miles - for the first time achieved over 70mpg (70.4) helped by loads of 50mph stretches on the M1 (and very smooth anticipative driving :notme: ) not to mention the single huge benefit of a manual gearbox - the coast.

Much higher speed on the trip back much later (although with the same roadworks and more in place) achieved 60 mpg.

When I first got the car I carried out several fill to fill calculations and found that the on board computer was pretty much spot on so have relied on that since.

Even it's a little bit out I find the performance and efficiency of this car outstanding.

I agree. Great car.