things that niggle you about your yeti!

aernala

What annoys me most is the inappropriate time the diesel decides to do a regen.

We often drive 90 miles in one go, mostly motorway, and the regen often decides to do the regen 5-10 minutes from our destination.

You can tell, as when you stop the car and get out it smells really hot, and the fan runs for several minutes.

Why can't the maxi dot say... Regen due within the next 100 miles, press accept to start regen NOW. You could do this just as you get on the motorway and cruise at 65-70 mph as conditions allow.

SImple to do, if no regen is selected by the driver, do one anyway when needed, but run the risk of incomplete regens.

Richard

• Like 3

Why can't the maxi dot say... Regen due within the next 100 miles, press accept to start regen NOW. You could do this just as you get on the motorway and cruise at 65-70 mph as conditions allow.

Or even just a warning light to say it's doing a regen so one could drive accordingly.

You don't have to drive 'accordingly' unless the light comes on.  All you really have to do is not stop driving.  I agree, though, that it would be nice if there was some way of telling when it's doing one as your driving, apart from the higher idle speed.  If you don't have to sit stationary for any length of time on your way home then it's pretty much impossible to know until it's too late and you've already switched off the ignition.  I'd happily take a short detour en route if I knew it was trying to regen, but I'm blowed if I'm going to do anything other than head in for a cuppa and a biccy once I've parked up on the drive at home!

• Like 1

Probably 90% of drivers don't have a clue what a DPF regeneration is, a light to say it was happening would confuse more than it would inform, likewise, a need to start the regeneration would cause more confusion than control. If the regeneration hasn't finished when you arrive - so what. The whole thing is designed to happen in the background without interference unless absolutely necessary.

Remember - people on here are generally far better informed about these things than your 'average' owner.

• Like 1

I hate the oil filler on the 1.6 diesel, it has a trough all around it, which traps sand and grit, dead flies, salt crystals, as soon as you open it, some of this can get into the engine.

My service was due yesterday, so the day before I carefully removed the filler cap as if I was disarming a b*mb, and carefully cleaned the gunge from around the filler neck, with care nothing entered the engine, so if a handfisted technician removed the filler and washed off some of this gunge into the engine as oil was added, then where would it go? Hopefully into the sump, then oil pump, then captured by the oil filter, won't do the oil pump any good though.

Very poor design.

OH I talked to the main technician, we talked about the regen, and why we couldn't press a button to start it when the driver is ready, he thought it was a great idea... Remember, I suggested it first lol.

He also said that a regen will be done when 330 start cycles have been completed, so think about that with auto start stop.

I also had the wheel centres replaced, they had the dreaded white worm lol.

I am very pleased with the Yeti, 31,000 miles in two years, no reported fault codes, tyres are wearing very evenly too. I asked them to swap tyres front to rear, maybe just in time for the bad weather.

I opted for the heated front screen and washers, it's a no brainier to my way of thinking. It's just a paint the way Skoda have spread out the various switches the one for the front screen being particularly poorly positioned, however, it does a great job making light work of even the thickest ice.

• Like 1

I opted for the heated front screen and washers, it's a no brainier to my way of thinking. It's just a paint the way Skoda have spread out the various switches the one for the front screen being particularly poorly positioned, however, it does a great job making light work of even the thickest ice.

Yeah that was my main niggle when this thread started > http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/415317-things-that-niggle-you-about-your-yeti/#entry4741163 , but I've just about got used to it now after a few chilly mornings , brrrrrrr ! ! !

• Like 1

I wish my yeti had a heated screen.

1st option i asked for when i ordered mine  then the heated seats . wouldnt be without both now. spoiled forever lol

• Like 1

Put on my winter wheels today. Reminded me that the jacking point markers are very hard to find and are under the sills. I have had previous Skodas with markers on top of the sills and only visible with the doors open, brilliant. Why did someone think tiny markers under the sills would be an improvement? 

I marked mine with a blob of white paint so they are visible.

Norry

I marked mine with a blob of white paint so they are visible.

Norry

Now that is a good idea. Why didn't I think of that to save scrabbling round twice a year when I swap winter/summer tyres. Going to do it this afternoon.

After the last few mornings I wish I'd got the heated screen. Bought from stock so didn't have the choice, does have heated seats though which have been nice.

On my next car I won't have such a need for the heated screen as I should be retired!

After the last few mornings I wish I'd got the heated screen. Bought from stock so didn't have the choice, does have heated seats though which have been nice.

On my next car I won't have such a need for the heated screen as I should be retired!

Don't bank on it!!

I still have to go out some mornings, such as my volunteering day at Corris, or shopping, or going to the pub for lunch, or...............................

On my next car I won't have such a need for the heated screen as I should be retired![/quote

I'm retired and would still want the heated front screen it's just so easy and gives a perfect result, worth every pound in my view.

When you are retired, you';ll be flying off to warmer climes in the winter!

You'll appreciate the heated front screen when you return to the car in Purple Parking's best outdoor carpark...

I can't believe they don't have the option for a heated steering wheel. My hands are freezing when starting in the morning at -8, especially after de icing the car, although my butt is nicely warmed due to the heated seats. And yes, I did think of putting my hands under my butt. 

When you are retired, you';ll be flying off to warmer climes in the winter!

You'll appreciate the heated front screen when you return to the car in Purple Parking's best outdoor carpark...

Valet parking - warm car, no bus.

I've got this on mine ?  :clap:

I've got this on mine (thanks to the sensible previous owner)  :sun:

Now, you're just showing off :)

• Like 1

Now, you're just showing off :)

Yea I know mate , but I was just so lucky to find such a well looked after and well specced used Yeti  :sun:  B)  :rofl:  B)  :sun:

• Like 1