All Activity
- Past hour
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
"plus Β£110 extra for auxiliary belt" Wow, that's a lot of parts cost for an auxiliary drive belt. A belt you have to take off and refit as part of a cambelt change anyway. So they can't claim any extra labour is involved. Edit "unless that means the aux belt tensioner too, but I fear it doesn't"
-
aubrey started following Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
-
Key replacement
And just had a quote from the local dealership for Β£516 (inc VAT). And payment up front just so that they can source the key!!!
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
Hi have recently had brake problems with my beloved Fabia VRS 1.9TDI and my garage cannot find a brake vacuum pipe and I have tried searching the web with no success. Any fellow VRS lovers got any possible leads on where spares can be found for my 2007 model. Any help much appreciated as I hate the thought of not being able to brake!!
-
Essexman1 started following Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
- Hi All
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
Thanks for the recommendation, may be a little far for me as I'm outside the city but will have a look.
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
Hi Warrior, just at 100k miles. No issues with the pump as far as I can tell. By way of context re. belt change, I feel now is a reasonable time to look at exchange for me. Early per updated recommendation but while I anticipate having the car another few years I'm unlikely to do another 100k miles on it so don't see a huge amount to gain by pushing the change much further out.
- Today
- Hi everyone
-
Crucian started following Hi everyone
-
Essexman1 joined the community
-
Key replacement
We lost a key. Went to a reputable independent local locksmith that specialises in car keys. Tried twice to get a new key working: First time with a third party fob Second time with a genuine Skoda fob Failed both times to generate a fully working key fob. Sounds like I will have to try the dealers. Anyone else had similar problems David
-
dacn started following Key replacement
-
Dani1980 joined the community
-
HandyHowie joined the community
-
Fabia Automatic
Thank you.
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
As your in Glasgow try https://www.thecrossgarageltd.co.uk/ for a price.There in Kirkintilloch and are vw/skoda specialists. Bought a 1.9tdi from them a few years ago that had been looked after/serviced by them and had no problems for years. They were really good to deal with. Old school garage Father and Son. Alasdair
-
Alasdair1 started following Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
-
Fabia 2011 1.2 TSI - DSG 7 speed gearbox help
^^^ That is different from doing a DQ200 on a 1.2 or 1.4 TSI Fabia. Do not remove the starter motor. @Catwoman If your car is a 2011 than there was a Service Campaign after 2014 to change the oil from Synthetic to mineral & a software update. '34F7' Dide the car get that. Sticker in the spare tyre well. There are 2 oils to change, in the gearbox and in the MCU. If changing the oil best do both. Best know what you are actually doing.
-
-
Fabia Automatic
It is a DQ200 DSG which is a Twin Dry Clutch Gearbox. Skoda / VW call them a Semi Automatic. They are as far as matters a 2 pedal automatic gearbox. Best thing is go try one. You driving it like an Automatic, so 1 foot only. You can change gear manually. No Servicing Schedule with them.
-
Fabia Automatic
I am very happy with my MkIII Fabia estate so looking for a Fabia for my daughter. Sadly she only drives an automatic and I have no knowledge of automatics. I would be grateful for any advice from owners.
-
Mugwamp started following Fabia Automatic
-
Fabia 2011 1.2 TSI - DSG 7 speed gearbox help
I seem to recall there's some reasonable step by step guides on YT, e.g.: We've the same DSG in our Polo. I've considered changing the oils, but not yet made it past the considering stage. Gaz
-
Catwoman started following Fabia 2011 1.2 TSI - DSG 7 speed gearbox help
-
Fabia 2011 1.2 TSI - DSG 7 speed gearbox help
Hi all I am fairly new to this website and definately new to being a Skoda owner! I purchased the above car a few months ago and as we (my family and I) usually do all our own car maintenance although we are pretty clued up I purchased a Haynes manual for the car it covers the 'usual' stuff but unfortunately it doesn't cover certain areas like the DSG, I want to replace the oil in the gear box and need to find a definitive answer as to what oil type, the quantity and also how to change it. So if anyone out there is able to help with any advice or trusted web links it would very much be appreciated. Thanks π
-
JD52 started following Strange flickering from inteface consul
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
Good morning Jamie, what is your mileage? Are you beginning to have issues with the pump?
-
Strange flickering from inteface consul
Hi, I have a Bolero enteratinment system with the CPU head unit in the glove box and a 5E0 919 605 B interface unit on the dash. Over the last year I have been getting periodic flickering on the screen until the summer when the screen packed up altogether but the buttons continued to work. I replaced the interface unit and whilst this worked for a couple of weeks, the dreaded flickering has returned and I'm worried the replacemed screen is going to go the same way as the last one. Does anyone know what might be going on here? Or quite happy to be pointed to another post that covers it. Thanks
- Hi everyone
-
Skoda Karoq 1.5 DSG gearbox
A final(hopefully) posting on my mate's 2019 VW T-Roc 1.5TSI 150PS DSG, WBAC happily took it off his hands, I don't know what sort of money he got for it, but maybe I managed to soften the blow by saying that I was worried that he was going to just get it repaired and then get hit by the much quoted DADA engine problems "quite soon after". So it's back to using some of his fleet of classic SAABs for now!
-
Johnny_bravo_5 joined the community
-
Windows
Thanks for your tip, I don't have a lot of faith in our local Skoda dealer. Which by the sounds of things is not unusual!!
-
Geobrett joined the community
-
Front consul bush which way do they fit Mk1 1.2htp
Hi Got to change my sons front consul bushes on his mk1 1.2htp and the old bushes are so worn so not sure which way new ones fit. I think the narrow slotted section in rubber is vertical and hex section has to be horizontal but they are offset so is it the narrower side or thicker side that is nearest engine. Photo from internet as example and his are about the same. Going to replace swing arms etc at same time. Using Febi reinforced bushes. Alasdair
-
Photography Thread
I like this one
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
Hi Posting for information as most of the posts I could see by searching for timing belt pricing were a few years old. Have received the following quotes in and around the Glasgow area over the past week. All quotes are for the timing belt and water pump on a Mk3 (2018) 2.0 TDi. All inclusive of parts and labour. Skoda Dealer: Β£990 (plus Β£110 extra for auxiliary belt) Local garage: Β£770 not incl. auxiliary belt VAG Independent: Β£800 incl. auxiliary belt Of course prices likely to depend on where you are / engine etc but significantly more than what seems to have been quoted a few years ago may give an idea to any prospective buyers or those planning ahead. I assume prices have just gone up over the years as all quotes are in the same / expected ballpark but if I'm being ripped off let me know!
- Loss of power, black smoke
-
Photography Thread