Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I've just seen you can get MQB to PQ steering wheel decoder/emulator for a few quid on AliExpress. Might try something newer. I can imagine it's a faff though.
  3. No surprise there, even less range if using the heating etc, far worse than it us with an ICE vehicle which use wasted energy for heating. . Why are you surprised by it, you always come across as well seasoned EV owner and driver of many years standing.
  4. Today
  5. Welcome to the forum. Best say what car, what miles, what engine it has. So is it a petrol engine? Has it been serviced yet? EDIT, I see, 1.0 Fabia. So a TSI or is it a MPI? . Best have a different dealership deal with the issue. a very obvious Warranty issue, Spark Plugs, Turbo Accuator, Software issue or what ever. A Mod can move this to the Fabia Mk4 section.
  6. Tory Boy Andrew Bowie MP thinks that the next Elected Conservative & Unionist Government can impose New Nuclear plants on Scotland. About time if there is to be New Nuclear in Scotland that they get building it. Start at Dumfries House, Balmoral Estate, Castle of May and any other Royal Residences. KC3 can just give his permission & lets see what the Local Authority Planning make of that. In England Jacob Rees Mogg's Estate looks like an ideal location for a Small Nuclear Modular installation. Maybe a AI Data Centre as well.
  7. Wow first journey in one of the EVs in the cooler period. Mych less range and lower energy efficiency. Hine to look for a newer EV perhaps. Will be happier when daughter has her home charger installed which is due soon.
  8. Indeed, but the reason why I commented on it in the first place is that A) it is not a PSA on TV where they normally show warnings/advice such as this, B) it is extremely early for such warnings and was possibly so because of the real threat to global oil because of the Donalds' illegal war, and C) it appeared on a site that I just happened to be one of long standing local moderators on, and this is the very first time that such a warning has appeared, and hence why I thought that EVr's might like to know.
  9. Bought June 26, manufactured march 24 Has had 3 episodes of the well documented (I have now found), the intermittent fault which causes limp mode. Still in warranty went to have fault diagnosed, no code so no repair. Only way to get it sorted is to drive in limp mode in traffic or on fast roads to service centre! Leave running there.(Not recorded on car history) .Not an answer! Dangerous! Anyway just wondering if anyone has succeeded in fixing the problem. Thank you
  10. Cairngorm Mountain showed snow yesterday at the CAIRNGORM sign and somebody said 'First Snow of Winter'. But it would be the first snow of Autumn 2026, Surely they should know the seasons. Frosty this morning and lovely blue cloudless sky.
  11. No offence meant but if that's your idea of high mileage, it's very different to my experience !
  12. Sklinda joined the community
  13. Yeah, from what I gather, I'm not missing much other than key recognition, but it just seems a shame how weak the Infotainment system is in an otherwise excellent car.
  14. I live in a semi-rural village & so drive lots of small lanes with overhanging vegetation. In the 15 months I've owned mine I've had a few warnings come up, but no actuation. The rear seems much more sensitive & has slammed on several times when I've reversed too close to a nettle for the car's liking. That is quite alarming because it feels like you've actually hit something.
  15. I've had my 22 plate for over a year now and no phantom braking but the 19 plate one did it once on a heavily wooded road where I thought it may have been a bird or something that flew close enough for it to register in the system.
  16. Storm cycle in Atlantic distorted by Super El Nino. Been no proper Hurricanes this autumn. Wet late Autumn predicted for Europe then snowy Feb like 62 / 63 maybe.
  17. I gave up trying to be primary user and funnily enough I do not have any problems driving the car .
  18. I've owned a 2024 Karoq for 7 months & driven it for over 4k miles on all types of roads with no phantom braking.
  19. Did anyone have any thoughts about this? Škoda Support won't even tell me why they suspect it is hardware-related and are insisting I take it to a Service Partner.
  20. Newbie here, with this skoda being owned for ~6 so far, and went 30k already. Car milage is 84k atm, pics are ofcourse related. Came here for general maintainance advice (I am changing oils every 10k). EA888.3 (european, facelift with 7g, 272hp). Im thinking of going stage 1 at first, and reliability is most important. I plan to drive around 60k km/year, and wish for car to last five years. Can I achieve that with minimum stage 1, like 300hp max to keep air to fuel ratio factory set, or can I aim for regular 350? I have googled that during stage 1 AFR is changed, and because of that there soot appears in oil, that degrades the engine faster. How much of that is true? Thanks for reply in advance! Any other advices for maintainance are welcome too, car doesnt consume oil (atleast for now, but I hope for futher 200k to be like that, will see how it will last).
  21. Yes, as we head into winter. Around the time we get annual storms that bring down power lines in some rural or not even that rural areas. Charley says PSA films on the TV have been around since before I was born so it's nothing new. Here's a link to the Ofgem account. They often post helpful tips. https://x.com/ofgem
  22. Richard7984 joined the community
  23. I am thinking 1.5 but seem to do lots of short drives at the minute. Some suggest the 1.0 as a better option. I will looking at an estate over the weekend - i need space for the dog!
  24. Mine is january 2025. I am waiting for next week inspection.
  25. Is it Motorway or Highway / Freeway as they are talking US EPA ESTIMATE figures, so if it is tested. Has it not been tested for the EPA results? with no emissions and no difference of a US or Imperial gallon. Highway / Freeway Speeds. Estimated to achieve 400 miles under EPA test and 450 under WLTP test. Well the World Wide Harmonised Light Vehicle testing matters not one bit in the majority of the world. It is designed to allow European vehicles to have fictional test results. Simple will be to run the Jag, Rolls Royce , BMW, Mercedes, Lucid, Tesla etc in convoy. So a Jag 01 & a 118 kW/h battery. getting 400 miles. = 3.4 miles to the kWh. *Mercedes EQS Saloon battery 122 kW/h usable.*
  26. Yeah, figured it wasn't a simple job 😅. No garage and scandinavian weather tells me this is a job for the summer season, probably doing this next year!
  27. Whats your production date? I have much less vibrations after both dcc and top strut mounts change. But my car still feels more pathholes than normal i think - it could be ball joint that will be changed
  28. My less than a year old battery (and car) would makes a very big meal of trying to reach 85% SOC (don't even mention 100%), you can see below that it took 7.5hrs (smart charging) to get a tiny increases in SOC by 2% and a usable battery charge increase of 1AH, the battery energy counter shows a increase of a average of 2.8A over 7.5hrs, 0.37A per hour. My M.meter, in series with the charger showed a charging rate of < 0.2A for the majority of the 7.5 hr charging period. Also, later, on a 25 minute non stop run under varying driving conditions, the DVM showed that the charging voltage never went higher than 13.4V even on overrun and spent most of its time charging at 12.8V. Maybe a "smarter" smart charger than mine would get the SOC up to 100% eventually, if so, I'd like to see it confirmed by someone with VCDS. MAS16744-IDE01836 12-volt battery-Battery current -8.825 A MAS16744-IDE01839 12-volt battery-Battery charge status 75 % MAS16744-IDE01841 12-volt battery-Battery internal resistance 7.4 mOhm MAS16744-IDE01842 12-volt battery-Usable battery charge 26 Ah MAS16744-MAS06086 12-volt battery-Total re-charge 592.4 Ah MAS16744-MAS06087 12-volt battery-Entire energy throughput 598.1 Ah MAS16745-IDE01843 Quiescent current management-Battery voltage at rest 12.5 V After a further 7.5 hrs charging at 12.7, occasionally 13.4V. Charger is a Ultimate Speed ULGD 5.0 C1, (a 5.0A charger) MAS16744-IDE01836 12-volt battery-Battery current -6.729 A MAS16744-IDE01839 12-volt battery-Battery charge status 77 % MAS16744-IDE01841 12-volt battery-Battery internal resistance 7.4 mOhm MAS16744-IDE01842 12-volt battery-Usable battery charge 27 Ah MAS16744-MAS06086 12-volt battery-Total re-charge 594.3 Ah MAS16744-MAS06087 12-volt battery-Entire energy throughput 599.0 Ah MAS16745-IDE01843 Quiescent current management-Battery voltage at rest 12.5 V
  29. Re the clogged rear wash. Lift up the plastic cover on end of the wiper arm and remove the plastic spray head from the top of rear wash discharge tube; it’s on tight but it will come off. Get a 16cm (6in) length of thin welding rod and push this gently down the tube til you reach the bottom and gently twist it whilst moving it up and down. That should clear the crystallised screen wash which is clogging the outlet. Leave the spray head off and engage the wash cycle and hopefully you should have a 2m jet of washer fluid flying out of the tube! If not, repeat the cleaning process. Also, I suggest you put the detached head in a solution of kettle descaler (citric acid) to descale the jets before you refit it to the discharge tube.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.