Skip to content

pab567

FREEDOMTech
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pab567

  1. @VAGster_FIN Indeed, this is Columbus MIB1 unit with DAB. You can send it to me for repair - if I don't manage to have it repaired then I send it back to you and can add either Amundsen or Columbus MIB2.
  2. @VAGster_FIN can you pull your glove box unit away to see the model number from the upper case label? Assuming it is Columbus it shoul dbe something like 5E0 035 0xx y where xx - two digits, y - letter. If not possible then pls share your VIN with me on PM. Basically it's not a piece of cake to reflash Columbus MIB1 in such state, honestly speaking I really doubt if Skoda delaer is able to do it. being in your shooes I would consider 3 options: 1. trying to have your unit repaired 2. replace your unit with another, second hand unit, same type 3. replace your unit with MIB2 - either Bolero, Amundsen or Columbus - which gives you new features (Android Auto, Apple carPlay, Performance Monitor).
  3. You can send the faulty unit to me to Poland - if I don't manage to have it repaired (of if it's BER - Beyound Economical Repair) then I can supply replacemnt unit.
  4. Based on VIN you have Bolero glove box unit 5Q0035842C and display unit 6V0919604B. I doubt this is power issue - the problem you described is typically caused by EMMC failure but it can also be flash or iMX6 processor problem. Flash and EMMC error can be fixed by replacing flash or EMMC chip respectively (in case of EMMC it als requires patching the unit). If the problem is caused by iMX6 then unfortunately you can just throw it away. I can try to repair it if you deliver it to me (Poland). I can also deliver replacement unit, unlocked (no need to visit Skoda dealer), or upgraded unit - Amundsen (with OEM navigation), also fully unlocked. Cost of Bolero is 165 GBP, Amundsem 250 GBP (with AMundsen you also get SD card with latest maps loaded and internal GPS antenna). Shipping cost not included - typically it's 20 GBP. Upon delivery you have to pay local import taxes (mostly VAT).
  5. Based on VIN you have Bolero glove box unit 5Q0035842C and display unit 6V0919604B. I doubt this is power issue - see my post above.
  6. @triciaj let me know your VIN on PM
  7. You have no rear speakers. They are connected to the empty pins in brown plug.
  8. Unfortunately not 😞
  9. Check coding of BT module and Gateway - you must select Skoda, not VW / SEAT.
  10. It doesn't matter, in RNS510 series you can SWDL (SoftWare DownLoad) mode by pressing 3 buttons and loading CD-R with SW burned.
  11. There is very big chance that just SW loading will solve your problem. You need SW 6276.
  12. @willyfog I agree, if you have proof of purchase and some guarantee then you are on the safe side. The right VC for your car is 565 920 790. This one will probably work as well. I wrote "probably" as at some point in time immobilizer has been changed - but I really don't remember when exactly it was. If it supports new immo then it will NOT work in your car. It's possible to increase the mileage on used VC - so if you buy it then first th emileage must be adjusted to match yours and then replaced. It will require ODIS online procedure with Components Protection removal and all keys matching.
  13. Well, to load 6260/6276 into units older than C14 you have to change some IDs in the unit with the service software (e.g. SetConfig) or have the software modified and new checksums calculated - however both don't make any sense as GPS chipset is different in C14 so after loading 6270/6276 to the older unit GPS will not work.
  14. @varooom you still have to learn a bit about RNS510 series It's NOT possible to go from 5xxx to 6xxx, 6xxx (as a matter of fact there are only 2 firmware from this series - 6270 and 6276) is dedicated for hardware versions H14, it will not work with older version (C3/C4/C6/C8/C10/C12). @foru2justnvyour unit is version C6, 5238 is the best firmware for you, Downgrade is possible - you must enable downgrade first in 3rd SETUP screen (keep SETUP button as long as 3rd screen pops up).
  15. I suggest OEM units MIB STD2 PQ series from facelifted Skoda Yeti (2015-2017)
  16. Adaptations are personalized per car depending on options installed so you cannot expect that loading adaptations from other Fabia will solve all your problems. Anyway, I have just sent you the file on PM.
  17. Parts I deliver have Components Protection switched off in HMI (there is CP error in diagnostocs but the unit works normally) so it's not required to spent any additional money to remove CP at Skoda dealer. The difference between Amundsen 5Q0035874x and Bolero 5Q0035842x (assuming x i sthe same letter for both) are built in OEM navigation and tow more kid of gadgets in Amundsen - Offroad menu (any version) and Media Command (from version "B").
  18. You might also need to exchange Gateway/BCM module but I cannot give you definitive answer as I have never done this before.
  19. @Baltazar pls x-check with other car as rear speakers in these units work as background only, the difference between front and rear is typical and nothing you should usually worry about.
  20. Indeed, @varooom is absolutely right - I don't have time enough to read forum, usually I react only if I am properly tagged as he did. According to parts catalogue, the correct part numbers of multifunction steering buttons are 3V0919719A. the ones that you bought, 5E0919719A, were used till 25.05.2016 and you car was manufactured on 11.10.2016. But I'm not really sure if this is all, you might also need to replace BCM/Gateway. See Multifunction Retrofit / Upgrade for Skoda Fabia 3 and Fabia 3 retrofit multifunction steering wheel
  21. What do you want to achieve? I have plenty of admaps...

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.