Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. Kia Ora and welcome. Happy motoring and enjoy the amazing scenery. Do you have plans for the South Island too?
  2. I have seen in other posts that airbag faults are latching type - I'm not sure, but VCDS or OBD11 may not be able to clear this type of fault. Hopefully, other readers can advise.
  3. Hello, I think I have seen references saying that the airbags require coding - was this done? Are you aware that engine revs are limited while in neutral gear?
  4. SWMBOs Fabia has it but my Octavia doesn't - I quite like it as you can just put the key back in your pocket after unlocking - without the security flaw the full KESSY has.
  5. Hello Samantha, I believe that using a universal setup (bypass relay) as you describe will not be able to inform the vehicles CANBUS system when the towbar is in use - you may also encounter issues with the rear sensors and trailer light fault detection. Hopefully someone with better knowledge and experience can provide more advice.
  6. The rear parking sensors should operate normally when the trailer is unhitched. I'm assuming that you are having an issue - is this towbar a recent install, is the trailer wiring module the full CANBUS type?
  7. Hello, welcome to the forum. So far as I am aware, with the correct towbar pack installed and a trailer is hitched, the reversing sensors are disabled and changes are made to the vehicles stability settings. My understanding is that this is done via the trailer electrical connections.
  8. That sounds like the 'keyless ignition' type rather than the full KESSY version.
  9. PS. some branches of Timpsons are able to supply new, correctly coded Skoda keys. I was quoted approx. £120 a few years back.
  10. Hello, welcome to the forum. @PetrolDave was referring to speed camera position data being loaded as POIs onto the MIB unit itself. Are you able to post an image of the dangling control panel you removed?
  11. Hello, welcome to the forum. I'd suggest taking your vehicle to a VAG independent garage for servicing. My MY16 Octavia oil service and coolant change (I supplied fluids) cost me £146.00, inc. vat last month.
  12. It took a fair bit of searching - but the information I found suggests that the 2017 vRS 230 has a cam chain, not belt.
  13. Are you sure your engine has a belt, not chain - what is your engine code? Depending on the circumstances when the chain or belt let go, you most likely will get away with a top end rebuild provided the piston tops have not been too badly damaged.
  14. Was the replacement battery you fitted exactly the same type and capacity as the original?
  15. Hmmmm, more BS 101.
  16. Hello, welcome to the forum. Considering the vehicle is not in motion, I suspect the ASR fault report may be a red herring. I suggest getting a check done for any fault codes.
  17. Hello, welcome to the forum. It depends on your annual mileage and whether your vehicle is on fixed or flexible service plan. If your annual mileage is Low (much less than 10K per year) it is normally recommended to change oil annually - (fixed)
  18. Unless an injector has failed, resulting in uncontrolled fuel supply to engine, the most likely cause is as Paws4 says.
  19. The corrosion inhibiters included in the coolant do have a finite life, I think VAG advises coolant change at 5 years.
  20. Hello, welcome to the forum. You say the oil level is 'fine' - are you certain that it's not lower than when you last checked, before this runaway event? Had you recently topped up oil before this happened?
  21. Hello, there will be no issue with infotainment coding when replacing the battery. You do need to adapt (code) the new battery into the vehicles system - especially if you change from EFB to AGM type. You may be ok if only replacing exactly like for like - but it is always better to get the replacement battery adapted, this will require access to VCDS tool.
  22. Hello, welcome to the forum. I believe your unit is Amundsen MIB2.
  23. Found from other VAG site search - EPC error lamp lit while 4K RPM limit is displayed, fault could be caused by oil pressor sensor fault, or coolant issue. Suggest taking a look for DTC error codes.
  24. I did a search on some Audi and VW sites - Is your EPC fault light lit on the instrument panel? Is there any indication of high coolant temperature?
  25. Hello, not sure that's limp mode - I thought limp mode revs were considerably lower than that.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.