Everything posted by Warrior193
-
First road trip. Low revs. Tyre warning.
- or set it to a point you don't usually wish to exceed.
-
Need Suggestions on multiple issues.
You say the engine is overheating - yet the temperature gauge is indicating normal temperature. You feel that 'the heat from the engine bay is a lot more than before' - but you do not say coolant is being lost since you had the charge cooler replaced, so I'm assuming it's not now - are you sure that the extra engine heat you feel is not just the DPF trying to go through a regeneration ?
-
Shuddering and vibration from 50 mph
Have you had the wheel alignment checked, are there signs of unusual tyre wear? Was it a front wheel that was damaged?
-
If you were to hire a GT car for an 'Occasion' what would you get and why?
Ford GT40 Mk 1 or 2 - LA to NY road trip just for the hell of it. 😄
-
Coolant Level light
Very likely that or bottom hose/connections.
-
Coolant Level light
If the Citigo's coolant is not currently a bright colour, you could try a tracer dye to help spot the leak. Check the area around the bottom of the radiator very closely.
-
Coolant Level light
The only way will be to establish where the coolant leak is - check the ground carefully beneath the engine and all around it when it has been stopped for a while after a run. Difficult in wet weather if the vehicle isn't garaged. Are there any signs of overheating before the coolant level light comes on?
- Need Suggestions on multiple issues.
-
spark plugs are unevenly colored, advice please?
Yeah, we Kiwis were trying to save the planet starting from the late 60s - especially every time it kicked-off in the middle east - hell, we even cancelled NZs first shot at running a round of the World Rally Championship in 1974. Don't tell anyone, but it was our neighbours from across the Tasman who were more into big V8s - us poor Kiwis couldn't afford the fuel 😇
- Need Suggestions on multiple issues.
-
spark plugs are unevenly colored, advice please?
Is there anything unusual about the cold start method on that carburettor type - does it use the usual butterfly flap? Is the LPG conversion a standard, commercial unit? My step father ran a Taxi on LPG in NZ- I seem to recall him saying it was easier to start in winter by temporarily switching to petrol, as it was difficult to optimise the engine for both fuels in dual fuel. If I recall correctly, that situation was made even worse if using CNG. I'd suggest blanking-off or replacing the faulty EGR and check any vacuum connections for leaks.
-
spark plugs are unevenly colored, advice please?
Hello, are the plugs all the same heat range? Your description sounds as if cylinders 1 and 4 are running too rich - while 2 and 3 are too lean. It's hard to understand how the carburettor or inlet manifold could do that. Have you checked cylinder compressions? How does the engine run - any loss of power or misfiring? I'd suggest fitting new, correctly-gapped plugs and recheck after a reasonable mileage.
-
Dashcam rebooting
It can possibly be a sign of the battery fading - but at only three years old, probably not. Possibly worth getting the battery tested anyway. NB. a battery test is only accurate if the battery is fully charged before testing - due to the 'smart' alternator fitted in these micro-hybrids, the normal SOC will usually be around 75 - 80%.
-
Non-engine-related computer in Fabia?
The really critical thing is what the battery voltage drops to when the starter motor cranks the engine over - it is a very big load. An impromptu load test could be done with your meter probes on the battery terminals while someone starts the engine, perhaps with the headlights on too. The meter reading will be very fleeting and difficult to read - especially if your meter is a DMM with a slow update rate.
-
I need assistance and information about my Skoda Kodiaq 2022 FL
In my defence, I thought that the OP was asking about suspension. It is my understanding that Koni actives are self-contained and are a straight swap for standard units.
-
Å koda octavia vrs 230 sitting very low
If the OPs measurement is correct, we are only talking a fraction of a millimetre difference. I'd suspect that sort of difference could very well be within spec. considering that the ride height has been substantially reduced - presumably with aftermarket springs.
-
Dashcam rebooting
That will be caused by the voltage drop while starting the engine, my Nextbase camera does the same. Possibly your battery SOC is a little lower now with the lower temperatures than it was during the warmer months.
-
Fabia III estate / hatchback boot (tailgate) interchangeability?
Hello @doughobbs I found what might possibly be useful information on the Ross-Tech forum - try a search on www.partslink24.com. It seems that, apart from the roof and rear quarters, a lot of the panels are identical.
-
"Police siren" when changing gear from 2 to 3
To me, the 'siren' noise would suggest a failing bearing - or badly damaged gear teeth - but I would have thought the noise would always be there in that gear - not just during the shift. I was thinking the noise was from the hub itself, as it was trying (and failing) to match gears, but I don't recall ever hearing anything as loud as OP describes.
-
Fabia III estate / hatchback boot (tailgate) interchangeability?
I just checked SHMBOs Fabia rear hatch with my Octavia combi - they are a lot more similar than I thought - if there isn't someone on here with a definite answer, are you able to get accurate measurements to check if they match?
-
Fabia III estate / hatchback boot (tailgate) interchangeability?
Good morning Doug, unfortunately, I think the two hatches are completely different size.
-
EFB or AGM Battery ?
Wow, I bet that was fun getting the plug screwed back in while the engine was running! I had to do something similar (but in reverse) when I blew the side out a piston in my Mk2 Cooper S - the engine wouldn't turn over (hydro-locked) until I removed no. 3 plug, relieving the pressure to allow a start and for me to limp the car to the next town.
-
"Police siren" when changing gear from 2 to 3
No real reason for serious damage provided you were careful with de-clutching - gearboxes were around long before synchromesh became common - but every time the gears 'crunch/clash' there will be a bit of chipping to the gear teeth. Too much damage can start throwing the box out of gear while driving, which is a pain.
-
"Police siren" when changing gear from 2 to 3
Almost certainly worn syncro hubs. These hubs are cone-shaped and act as a clutch to match the speeds of the gear clusters before they mesh together. By double-declutching, you are matching the cluster speeds without relying on the synchromesh. I assume you know that the de-clutching technique is different, depending on whether you are changing up or down gears.
-
Hello guys P0322
Possibly the prolonged cranking before start, caused by the faulty sensor, was pulling the battery voltage low enough to trigger the other fault indications. Glad you got it solved.