Everything posted by Warrior193
-
Does rotor arm position affect timing?
Incorrect positioning of the rotor shouldn't directly affect the ignition timing - but you may possibly get a weaker spark as the gap increases from the rotor to the required spark lead contact. Ideally, the points should open while the rotor arm is closest to the external plug contact, but there will a fair degree of tolerance because rotor contacts are normally curved.
-
Warning light, not fully illuminated
To ask clarification again - is the symbol you refer to the shoe/foot within a circle, surrounded by two brake shoes, all in red?
- Retrofit with Skoda Octavia 2019 with Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition
-
Warning light, not fully illuminated
I can only see one symbol illuminated in the image you posted. Would be better if you describe it - or draw a highlight ring on the image.
-
Warning light, not fully illuminated
What I meant by my question was - is the handbrake operated with a normal lever - or is it foot-operated? What does the 'not fully illuminated' symbol look like?
-
Warning light, not fully illuminated
The only indication I can see in that image is the red symbol and would more suggest to me something to do with a foot-operated brake system - is there anything unusual with the handbrake on the Mk2?
-
1756 or 1752? And other things
I strongly suspect that if you take the engine output to anywhere near the figures you first suggested, you will very soon be looking for a replacement engine.
-
Not a true Fabia question
It's not unheard-of for new batteries to fail prematurely, definitely the first thing you need to do is carry out a load test on the battery. If you do not have a load tester available, the easiest way to do this is with a fast-response DMM on the battery terminals while someone cranks the engine. The near-fully charged battery dropping to around 8.0 VDC while only loaded with ancillaries and glow-plugs strongly suggests your battery is faulty.
-
1756 or 1752? And other things
Hello, welcome to the forum. I cannot see that an attempt to increase the power of a 20 year old engine by more than 60% will end well - especially on a low budget!
-
Not a true Fabia question
^^^ True for batteries with removeable cell plugs - pretty rare now, mostly sealed type.
-
Not a true Fabia question
What voltage are you reading on the meter at the terminals when the alternator is operating?
-
Not a true Fabia question
Not necessarily, the bad cell will still be in circuit (series), but drop its voltage when its on load.
-
Not a true Fabia question
Happy New Year. I'd suggest first checking the battery terminals for tightness, then having the battery load tested - dropping to 8 volts strongly suggests a faulty cell in the battery.
-
Replacement Battery
I assume that you actually meant you changed the settings FROM 70 AH to 90 AH for the new battery?
- Front Assist not working, but no error messages appear.
-
Charging ever bigger batteries
Interesting - does that Synchronous Compensator operate in the same manner as a Rotary UPS?
- Front Assist not working, but no error messages appear.
- Front Assist not working, but no error messages appear.
-
Misfueled Petrol engine with Diesel
@LukeWarmWorm What was the cost of the misfuelling specialist callout?
-
ESC error car won’t start.
I don't drive a diesel, but isn't there a start delay holdoff to allow the glow plugs to reach ignition temperature?
-
ACC Retrofit for Scala
Be very cautious if you intend to use 'One Click' coding - it can result in unwanted, and difficult (or impossible) to reverse changes. You would be strongly advised to download all existing settings before making ANY changes.
-
ESC error car won’t start.
Hello Ian, welcome to the forum. It is highly unlikely that the ESC error indication will be the cause of the failure of the engine turning over and is probably coincidental. Has the vehicle been scanned for any DTCs? Are the glow plugs working correctly? Did you have the alternator output tested?
-
Misfueled Petrol engine with Diesel
Hello Luke, welcome to the forum. If the tank and fuel lines were flushed, I'd be inclined to leave the filter as it is - unless the diesel was badly contaminated too. Any remaining diesel fuel will be flushed out of the filter almost immediately. Petrol through a diesel fuel pump might have been a little worse though, but I'd still think the possibility of damage to be pretty low. I think I've seen references to the filter being integral with the pump.
-
Cruise Control fitting
...or would demand unreasonable price to do.
-
Clutch issue? Help?
Does this 'whining' noise happen just as the clutch starts to engage - I.e. before the vehicle actually starts to move?