Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. When I built engines, I staggered the ring gaps around the piston as was the recommended practice.
  2. What are you using at present - 95? Doubtful that going to super unleaded would give a significant increase - you might see a slight decrease in consumption, which could balance the higher cost of super ( this is what I see this in my Octavia) Don't use any fuel additive - not necessary. What is the odo reading, do you know if the spark plugs have been changed? I'm wondering if you are having a turbo underboost issue.
  3. If they are Xenon (HID) lamps, a pinkish tint is usually an indication the lamp is approaching end of life. Do the other (good) lamps appear to have a blueish tinge?
  4. Hello, do you know if your headlights are halogen or Xenon?
  5. Hi, is this a manual or DSG gearbox? Check wheel hubs for unusual heat after a drive, it's possible that the brakes have started binding.
  6. Never assume anything! Get battery condition and alternator output tested.
  7. 'Pulled rearwards'
  8. Has the battery been properly tested and eliminated as the cause?
  9. As a first move, get the alternator output and the battery tested.
  10. ABS fault will disable Cruise. The fact that your fault is intermittent could point to low battery SOC - do you do a lot of short runs?
  11. Agreed, but easier and cheaper to eliminate a failing battery first. If fitted, does your cruise control work?
  12. Hello, welcome to the forum. Strongly suggest you get the battery tested, preferably on a high-load discharge test. Even if the engine appears to be starting OK, a failing battery is very often the cause of this type of problem. Does your automatic stop/start work normally?
  13. There could possibly be a date stamp on the top of negative terminal = WW.YY.
  14. Hello, welcome to the forum. Pretty sure there would be no issue. IIRC ET46 will stand out 6mm further from the suspension than ET40. Take a look at wheel website 'Will They Fit' and input original and proposed data. You should advise your insurance of the change.
  15. Hello, welcome to the forum. These batteries are designed to be sealed, that's why they are called SLA/VR type (sealed Lead Acid/ Valve Regulated) - they will vent by blowing out the vent plug if abused by overcharging. The sealed design is to allow the gases generated during charging or high discharge to recombine rather than being lost to atmosphere and losing electrolyte.
  16. Quite appalling, yet somehow not surprising that your Stealer did not realise a 245 vRS is a petrol! I guess I know where you will be taking your car for future servicing.
  17. I've never had to remove a steering lock barrel, so I don't know - the procedure you've found seems simple enough though. I guess you can practice on the scrapper first.
  18. Seemingly, the operative word being Independent - I don't recall any postings where enfranchised Skoda service centres do this.
  19. That sounds like worth a try, provided you can get the old barrel out. One problem will be that you will have different keys for door and ignition. I think the immobiliser coils will be the same, they simply read the chip in the key fob.
  20. With the number of images of blocked Haldex pump filter screens posted, I cannot credit that dealers still claim that the service schedule does not require the screen to be cleaned!
  21. Hello, welcome to the forum. I assume this is a TSI - the regen process for a PPF is different to that for a DPF - PPF does a regen on throttle-off overrun.
  22. Was the original SD card a branded 'Skoda' one? Are you aware that some nav units will only accept Skoda or VAG cards?
  23. From my Karting days, I recall that NGK plugs often ran about 1/2 a heat range hotter than the equivalent plug from other manufacturers.
  24. Hi, welcome to the forum. Is the new card the correct (Skoda/VAG) one - or a standard SD card?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.