Skip to content

Alasdair1

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Alasdair1

  1. Try banging around the ignition switch and raising/lowering steering wheel if it has that option. It may be a bad connection at the chip reader coil. If that doesnt work you could try removing fuses for ABS system. Think they are in fuse box near battery and are strip fuses. They have a tendency to crack but often not noticeable until you remove them . I got my old Seat imobilser deleted as it would stick on randomly although I doubt anyone would bother stealing it. Alasdair
  2. Have a look at Mk1 1.9tdi. Someone on here lowered theirs and drive shafts were too long but think some of the MK1 1.9tdi are shorter and have 108mm Alasdair
  3. Could be the siren battery is flat as well or failed. Low voltage in main battery or siren battery can sometimes confuse alarm and set it off randomly. Hopefully it will settle down once system is back up to charge. My old Octavia thats sitting waiting repair alarm goes off if I let battery get to low. If it doesnt stop I would disconnect battery for charging. Alasdair
  4. On all of mine they became intermittent then just stopped working. Fairly easy swap over as long as you can get wiper off the old one. My sons mk1 fabia was seized on solid but a couple of days of wd40 and a gentle wobble plus a tiny bit of heat and a gentle pull it finally came off. I put a small smear of copper grease on the spindle when refitting again.
  5. Maybe the new stat is deffective or something in the coolant system has jammed it open. Reckon the only way to be sure will be to remove it and check its operation. Its not unknown for any new part to be dodgy or fail very quickly
  6. Cant remember but think there might be some screws in middle. Alasdair
  7. They tend to seize up with age and when dirt/moisture gets in. If you lucky it may be repairable but I have gone through 4 so far on 4 of my cars. I ended up replacing motor each time as the plastic cogs inside were past it. Check its actually getting power and its not a broken wire or fuse. Alasdair
  8. Try disconnecting battery and leaving for a while then reconnect and see if it makes a difference. When my old Seat imobilser stuck on I gave up on it and left it as I wasnt using car. Battery was flat by the time I got around to looking at it again and once fully charged car was back to normal. When it did happen the AA guy couldnt access the ecu either with his code reader. Alasdair
  9. Does sound like the imobilser kicking in. Try another key if you have one. It may be either the transponder chip in key or the reader coil in ignition thats failed. Had same problem on 1.9tdi BXE Seat. Used bad key and in my case imobiliser stuck on. Alasdair
  10. I read the orange traingle is a general warning. I also read that you can read the stored messages via the infotainment screen. Not sure how to as mine is a lot older. You could also scan with obd2/vcds to see if there are any stored codes/messages Alasdair
  11. P010600 may be a leak in airintake or exhaust. The ticking noise may be you hearing the leak? Check the exhaust for leaks and listen around the engine compartment. Use a bit of garden hose one end to your ear and move the other around engine bay till the noise gets louder. it can help pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Alasdair
  12. I had to get my old Seat imobilser deleted as it was sticking in SAFE mode randomly. Wasnt that bothered as it was old and a fair few dings so doubt anyone would bother. Maybe someone on here near you has it that could pull codes for you. Alasdair
  13. No sorry bit too advanced for me but did read that cluster has to be petrol to petrol as diesel has a different type of imobilser. Read that VAG Tacho will read cluster in plus thin you also need vcds to do it. There are VAGtacho few online but whether they are original and work? You could go down the line of imobilser delete. Alasdair
  14. Sorry if its an obvious question but did the Topran one come with a thermostat actuallyfitted. I see them online but its the casing only unlike the Febi one that has thermostat included/fitted. Also read that the temp sender in thermostat on topran can cause problems sometimes with turning on rad fans. Alasdair
  15. Meant to add check the wiring from the pressure sensor back for continuity. It could be a broken wire/bad connection. Alasdair
  16. Might be the oil pump or perhaps oil pick up is partly blocked. Did it get the correct oil when last serviced? It may be that its too thick when cold or if the pickup is partly blocked not enough is getting through when cold . It might be worth getting oil pressure checked with a proper pressure guage. Alasdair
  17. Make sure the strip fuses are intact. They can suffer from hairline cracks that are impossible to see but fall in two when removed. If the fuses are all ok and making good contact then I would get it scanned. Alasdair
  18. I usually buy two as well especially if the old ones have been on car for a while. Have had a couple of cars that didnt quite sit level due to one spring replacement as older one I assume being weaker/different make. I generally change any suspension/steering items in pairs especially front. Alasdair
  19. All the new safety features worry me as more to go wrong. Maybe its a self test? Alasdair
  20. Wonder if you have an airlock somewhere after changing the stat. Some require vcds or a vaccum fill to bleed properly. Not sure on your CBZB engine. Try and squeeze top rad hose again and again and look for bubbles in coolant tank or see if it drops. Do the heaters work in car? Alasdair
  21. I wouldnt be happy either. It could have been the coating but last thing you want is a burning smell anywhere near a car especially in it. Glad you got it sorted Alasdair
  22. Get it to your mechanic and get him to scan with decent scanner quick. Glad you got it started and I hope it stays that way. Alasdair
  23. If the car is causing no problems and passes MOT no bother I would definitely keep it and get timing belt checked/replaced including water pump plus coolant change. Apart from that a general service. ie all filters plus oil is probably all it needs. As its a DSG then maybe contact a specialist and ask for a quote for oil change and check up. I tend to go along the lines if it isnt broken dont fix it. Alasdair
  24. P0237 can be caused by a failed or failing MAP sensor/turbo pressure sensor but it may also be a wiring fault/short/bad earth. check that its plugged in and making good contact/no dirt or corosion plus check for broken wires. Its normally on the intake manifold. May look like this There is very probably a part number on it for ordering a new one. Sorry no idea how to check if its good or bad. It can cause poor starting when cold and can also put EML on if car starts Alasdair

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.