Skip to content

Alasdair1

Resident Member

Everything posted by Alasdair1

  1. Think you will have to get it scanned for codes. It could be a bad coolant temp sensor Maf or many other things. Can your mechanic come out and perhaps scan it? Alasdair
  2. Try we buy any car/autotrader etc and see what they say. Was looking at some the otherday on autotrader for my son and anything between 3.5K and 8.5k depending on trim age mileage etc. You could always ask dealer what the trade in would be to get a base price.
  3. Might be worth checking wiring continuity/connectors from camshaft sensor backwards in case wiring is failing or broken/not making good contact. You could do the same for the crank sensor. Think from memory its hidden behind oil filter area. Alasdair
  4. Meant to add make sure slider pins are moving freely and use silicone grease on them. I had to clean mine as the previous owner had used copper grease which had dried out and they were seizing plus copper grease is bad for the rubber gators. Alasdair
  5. I use https://brakesint.co.uk/ They have excellent info and pictures for you to compare. I then order them from https://www.partsinmotion.co.uk/ as they are usually a lot cheaper. By the looks of the old pad its from a caliper without the external spring so should have 280mm discs. Still measure the old ones as well. There may be a PR code in boot sticker that will keep you right as well Alasdair
  6. Could be just the protective coating heating up hence the bakelite smell or its a poor copy. Any burning bakelite smell is not good but hopefully will disapear. The OEM one is a fair price compared to aftermarket. Not sure what make you got but think Febi do one Febi 34370 OEM 6Q0 959 263 Check the old one for oem part number Alasdair
  7. Reckon its been a replacement lens from as LHD vehicle unless its an optional extra. If you have one on the left and a fog light on right you should be ok. Chances are if its wired in you would probably get a bulb warning light unless car has been told there are two. Alasdair
  8. I dont have vcds but when I did mine 1.9tdibxe I had to loosen top pulley/camshaft bolts and adjust slightly to align locking pins after turning engine over by hand once belt was fitted. When I fitted the belt they all ligned up but after a complete rotation were just slightly out. Didnt have to move it much but I believe its fairly critical. Alasdair
  9. I thought they only had one on the left with fog on the right. Maybe someone has fitted a new rear light from a rhd car from autodoc etc. Are there actual wires going to the reverse bulb? Alasdair
  10. It may be the throttle body as previous. I would get it properly calibrated with vcds to rule it out. There may well be someone on here local to you with it that could give the car a proper scan and calibrate it for you. If not then you may have to source a VAG specialist garage or at lease one that knows how to and get them to scan it. It may pinpoint a prroblem that your scanner is missing. Alasdair
  11. Read a post regarding TCM wiring. The plug to gearbox was dirty with oil/water ingress causing no comms. Check its clean and making good contact etc. Alasdair
  12. On my old Seat it was the same. I used a little heat on the end of the tube as I think they may have been originally glued in. It came out eventually. Careful not to pull tube out while your at it. One side was ok but the other solid. Alasdair
  13. Think they are based in exeter but have multiple warehouses around UK hence the random surcharge to Highlands. Last order arrived within 36 hours so a lot quicker than autodoc etc plus at least 25% cheaper than my local motorfactors. Alasdair
  14. Only problem I had was one part of order (wheel bearings) that incurred a surcharge for some reason. They said it was being sent from another location. I missed email so they didnt send it. I ordered another euivalent brand (apec) and it arrived no problem. I to are no stranger to their website unfortunately. Alasdair
  15. Sorry havent a clue either. Maybe purge valve is sticking closed then stuck open or the PCV valve is faulty? Sons had poor idle. low then high etc plus poor mpg. I replaced purge valve and also his brake servo vaccum pipes were split so taped up and idle returned to normal. Have read that some folks needed to replace charcoal canister as well as purge valve. He had problems last MOT with emissions due to small leak in centre of exhaust. Sealed it and emissions were ok. It was a tiny leak that I and the MOT guy thought wouldnt make that much difference. Its odd it jumps from rich to lean. Alasdair
  16. I had similar problem. If I used handbrake the caliper would bind. I took lever off kept caliper upright and soaked overnight in penetrating oil then manually operated it as said. Took a while but eventually it freed off. Have a look at https://www.partsinmotion.co.uk/ Been using them for a couple of years and prices are good and so is their service. Alasdair
  17. To clarify I mean the lever on the caliper that the handbrake cable attaches to not the actual handbrake in the centre consol. I operated it manually and then wound piston back in and repeated until it was free. Could also be a sticking cable. Alasdair
  18. If its like mine 1.9tdi it could very well be the handbrake lever part thats not releasing properly and causing it to bind. I took mine apart and oiled/greased and manually operated it until it freed off. eventually I replaced caliper which was around £35 online. There are I think 3 different rear calipers. A smooth one,ribbed one and Bosch. Have a look on https://brakesint.co.uk/ They have pictures of the different types including piston sizes etc. I had a look at reconditioning mine but at £35 I just bought a new one online. Had a look and 1SS doesnt seem to be a valid code Alasdair
  19. Not sure the Bosch one matches the one that came out as far as I can see unless it was replaced by previous owner with wrong one?. What year is yours. Alasdair
  20. According to Bosch its the equivalent to old one used on Fabia Mk1 AZQ year 02.2003 - 11.2004. Alasdair
  21. On my sons fabia m1 1.2htp there are two lamda sensors available from memory depending on the Vin/age. His is AZQ. Maybe you have got the wrong lamda? Think there maybe a number missing off the bosch part number as they are usually 10 Alasdair
  22. Same here done a fair few over the years and only now have the open sockets in my tool box. Hope I wont need them if you know what I mean. Last one had to cut the main strut nut off as it was so tight the allen key centre rounded. Alasdair
  23. Not sure still havent got round to looking at his as weather is awful. His is fine for gear change but wont return to middle as spring has broken. You could try resetting gear cables to see if it makes any difference first. Alasdair
  24. Just did a couple on the front of my sons mk1. Found a tiny smear of silicone grease on bushes and subframe made the job a lot easier. Alasdair

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.