Skip to content

Alasdair1

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Alasdair1

  1. Hi there, was looking at this the other day and it might help. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/341913-fabia-14-16v-bbz-egr-throttle-clean-out-advice/ Alasdair On my 1.9tdi there is an EGR cooler as well as EGR valve. There is seperate valve attached to the cooler at rear of engine. Not sure if yours has similar. Mine was insufficient flow due to stickin valve on cooler. Alasdair
  2. Just a thought. Do the hazards work ok? Alasdair
  3. As said check earths and connections at light clusters and bulbs, plus change bulb thats not working. It could be the indicator stalk itself thats failed? You should be able to bypass the switch to check but would need to know what wire does what. Maybe someone on here could help with a wiring diagram/picture. Sorry my haynes maanual is in my sons car at moment and hes away.
  4. Thats not pleasant but at least its fixed. Still probably cheaper than new/second hand cluster and having it coded and less hassle. Hope its fine now. Odd that both had failed. Alasdair
  5. If your still driving it check the brake/clutch fluid level regularly Also if you top it up remember to tell garage. Mines DOT4 on my 1.6tdi. I reckon you are the same grade of braake fluid. Hope its an easy repair. Alasdair
  6. Sometimes on startup the ABS and traction control lights do come on immediately, this is generally when the car is wet and it will normally resolve itself once dry. It sounds like moisture has perhaps got into ABS sensor connector or broken wire . I would scan or get car scanned to narrow down which sensor is at fault. Visually check wiring etc as well. Alasdair
  7. Hopefully its because theres no alarm siren fitted and the car is trying to connect to it constantly. Not sure how most of the electronics work these days. Its a fairly steep learning curve with plenty of times you just end up scratching your head and end up on here. Alasdair
  8. Just before mine failed completely I found that if I lifted pedal and pumped a bit the clutch came back. I had to lift it a few times and press down again till I got pressure back. It didn't last long after that happened but it got me home a couple of times. Hopefully the garage will be able to sort it fairly easily. Alasdair
  9. Only If the gearbox has to come out to replace/inspect the slave then you could check clutch and flywheel for wear etc. I personally would change it if the box is being removed as the main cost would be gearbox removal and replacing etc. Hopefully its either air in system or the master cylinder. Check the brake fluid reservoir for levels. It could also be a leaking brake line/flexi hose and the brake fluid has dropped enough to affect clutch although I would assume a warning light would be on. Had someone on here recently that the level had dropped to almost empty but no warning lights. On mine its a float switch but on their later Octavia is a two pronged sensor in the brake reservoir. Theres for some reason wasn't puting on low fluid warning light. Alasdair
  10. My 08 plate 1.9tdi did the same. Eventually failed completely. When it got recovered fluid drained out from engine under tray as it was being winched onto transporter. Master cylinder had failed and was leaking. I replaced it and bled system and been fine ever since. On mine the pipes push clip into master cylinder. There is a small rubber grommet for sealing that usually gets left in the old one and it wont seal without it. Check for leaks at master cylinder and also slave if you can see it. On my sons mk1 fabia the slave is outside the gearbox but the actuator is inside. His was leaking as the rubber bellows on actuator rod had split inside the bell housing. As said try bleeding first and check for leaks. If its leaking badly then the level will be dropping in reservoir. Alasdair
  11. Hi there, found the link. Amazon £12.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XJN891M?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title Mine as said only has front powered windows. Alasdair
  12. Does sound like a wiring issue but It could also be the switch in the door handle. They can fail over time as they get water into them if the window is left open. I bought a new one fairly cheap off ebay/amazon as mine had started to come apart when I removed it and I assumed it was faulty. Think it was around £12-00. Mine only has powered front windows. Turned out to be the drivers motor/controler on mine but reckon the switch was on its way out as well. Alasdair
  13. Listened to it again and It could be the auxiliary water pump. It I think turns on when car is cold etc. to divert heat to cabin. If its failing or perhps an airlock at pump? it could make that sound. Does it do it when engine is upto temp and then restarted?. As its electric I assume its possibe to unplug it and see if the sound goes. Alasdair
  14. Had similar sound on my old 1.9tdi and it was a heat shield that had come loose and was sitting on exhaust. Try the trick with a length of hose. One end to your ear and move the other around the engine to narrow it down. Gets louder the closer you get.
  15. I think its under the inlet manifold on these engines. Found this online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVezi6-TC9M Doesn't look the easiest job Alasdair
  16. I am having the same problem with my 1.6tdi. No feeling in steeringwheel, Feel it throuh the seat and as said disappears when you stop accelerating. Have checked front suspension aand drive shafts and they are fine. Only one I havent managed to check is the bush in the subframe. Reckon its coming from rear on mine but can't work out where. First thought of wheel imbalance but nothing through steering wheel. Will be checking rear bushes etc this week. Only other time similar feeling happened on another car was due to a mishapen tyre on rear. No bulges but tyre seemed to have twisted slightly. Michelin tyre only 1/4 worn which the tyre service said they get them like that a fair bit especially when getting older. Will post if I come up with anything. Being trying to track it down for months.
  17. Had a problem years ago with power steering pipes that had coroded and were impossible to get for toyota lucida. I finally got a local hydraulic hose company to make me flexi hoses instead of the steel/flexi that was on the car. Tried measuring old pipe but eventually I got them to fit one end and then give me the slightly overlength hose. Ran it through the car and marked where I wanted the other end to finish. Luckily I had fairly straight runs and enough space to put a slow bend in hose for corners. Has been fine for years and still have car. Also repaired the 8mm steel oil cooler pipes on same car using 8mm copper microbore central heating pipe and compression connectors. Still there and still ok It was lower pressure than steering though. I cant think of a reason to have steel pipe between flexis apart from the cost. Alasdair
  18. I think febi do power steering hoses and pipes. Not sure about VRS but folks got them a few years back for there 1.9tdi. Part number I came up with is FEBI 186139 Alasdair
  19. I had similar problem on my sons MK1. Think air lock was at heater matrix as no heat. I kept squeezing top rad hoze until fluid in tank dropped. Topped up and repeated. Took a while to get air out. Not sure if it will work on MK3 Alasdair
  20. The parasitic drain could be similar to a fault I had on old Volvo. The backup battery for alarm siren failed/shorted and was taking charge all the time. Car battery would go flat over a few days if car wasn't being used. i tracked the drain/wiring down to the clock on dash but then discovered it also supplied the rechargeable battery pack in the siren. Not sure on the Skoda but it might be worth checking as mine eventually started heating up and smoking. I just removed siren etc as being an old car didn't see need for alarm. Alasdair
  21. If its like mine on the 1.9tdi then its one piece from cat to tail. Has yours been joined and a different rear box been fitted? Alasdair
  22. Can't see on either of mine as they bend downwards at tips. 1.9tdi and 1.6tdi. Maybe its a valve of sorts that opens under pressure. Never seen one like that before. Give it a light push with a stick to see if its loose? Just read that the MK3 tdi vrs has a fake aand the MK3 TSI has twin? Not sure re MK2 Maybe at some point the wrong back box has been fitted? Alasdair
  23. When my sons windows failed they just stopped. No jittering etc, Prior to them failing completely they would randomly just not work then start again if you kept pressing button. As just mentioned check the wiring first. It does sound like a broken wire. Does it happen to both front windows? If its just the drivers side then it could be the switch? Alasdair
  24. Unusual to see an NGK fail like that. Champion and others YES. I would get another set and monitor it. Chances are it won't happen again. Hopefully its just the plug and not the coil pack etc. You could always take it back to where you got the plugs or contact NGK they might send you some for free? Alasdair
  25. May be two seperate problems. Failed indicator stalk/switch and failing windows controller/motor in drivers door. The door motor is repairable if it the same fault as my sons. He has the same model of Fabia. Alasdair

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.