What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Since picking it up from the dealer on Monday:

Inserted BRISkoda sticker in rear window

Added footwell lighting.

VCDS tweaks - Needle sweep, Boot close from remote, rear lights with DRL, HBA stays on, passenger mirror dip on reverse, changed comfort indicators to 5 flashes, changed cornering light activation speed, turned off boot open/close beeps, both rear fogs active, rear teardrop wipe, fan blower speed display in auto, heated seat level memory and finally DRL dim when indicating, 

I bought the footwell kit from Boldsport with the optional LED bulbs but I'm not happy with them.  Even though they're LED they are too yellow, more like traditional bulbs.  I'm wanting something more of a pure white to match the overhead lights and cubby hole lights near the gear stick.

Missus brought her Citigo to dealer - couple of rattles in the dashboard to be investigated - not major just annoying :D

plus its not far off due a service so it'l be all done under warranty... joy of a young car!!!

Snow foamed, washed wiped, machine polished the bonnet and side black trim, waxed the body work, billberry cleaned the wheels and sealed. One clean Octi exterior. Hoovered, polished windows inside and out and cleaned the leather and interior trim. Clean and ready for winter.

Front lower strut brace (finally) fitted, silicone crankcase breather hose fitted. Thought I was being lucky with the weather and a dry driveway so figured I'd wash it. A few showers tried to mug me off but I still managed a clean and a quick glaze.

Detailed my brand new Superb Black Edition - 2 weeks old car.

How dirty a 2 weeks old car, could be? Have a look:

First pass with a fine grade Autobrite clay and QD

post-57007-0-71514300-1419015427_thumb.jpg

Second pass

post-57007-0-19354900-1419015439_thumb.jpg

And all of this coming only from the boot lip area (no bumper)

post-57007-0-50738000-1419015612_thumb.jpg

But, in the end :

post-57007-0-46402000-1419017445_thumb.jpg

post-57007-0-42430500-1419017455_thumb.jpg

post-57007-0-81897200-1419017461_thumb.jpg

post-57007-0-69942800-1419017470_thumb.jpg

post-57007-0-28188100-1419017477_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Replaced all interior lights with LEDs, except the footwell ones as I missed them off the order.

Replaced number plate light and lights in the mirrors too, along with the rear indicators. It bugged me that I paid for LED rear lights but they still left the indicators as normal bulbs. Messes with my OCD.

• Like 1

Fitted 803 mini dash cam.

Power from piggyback fuse to cubby hole on side of steering wheel with 2 way power adaptor in.

Cable routed up pillar and across headlining.

All thanks to Fubar for the guide, inspiration and confidence!

Pleased.

• Like 1

Fitted black smoked rear LED light cluster (the Beast's Xmas pressie!!!) from Dectane.

Love them, £150 delivered on eBay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321556557094

They also auction them, although as I kept getting outbid, I just treated myself after a healthy win on the footy...

Adam

post-13134-0-53666900-1419091379_thumb.jpg

Clumped it on some bracken at the side of the road, which presumably had a branch in it given the scrape down three panels on my nearside  :sweat:  :S  :'(

Gaz

Fitted the MDI, pulled the radio out, plugged the cables in, drilled 22 mm hole in bottom of lower glove box and routed cable through to glove box then plugged cable into MDI case, then put radio back, removed radio, put radio back, removed radio, put radio half way back, used long screwdriver to move obstruction, put radio back, screwed it in, tested, took radio out, unplugged everything, blown on everything, plugged everything back in, put radio back in, pulled radio out, put radio half in and used long screwdriver again, put screws back in, turned radio on, sh4t self, turned radio off, turned ignition back on turned radio on again, tested, decided to put up with the crackly noise for now, put trim back on, put stuff back in glove box, checked pollen filter seen as though I was down there that seams fine, put panel back on put stuff away.

So now it needs coding in (I presume), and I need iPod cable. The crackly noise only happens when I'm listening to music through the AUX port, will this happen when I use the MDI too? (I think it's down to the positioning of the cables behind the radio)

Picture from inside the glove-box showing hole:

WP_20141220_17_30_12_Pro_zpsf8837b91.jpg

Drove mine for the first time since Monday morning, bringing it home from work, so that makes 26 miles in a week!

I do more than that each day just going to work :( haha

I do more than that each day just going to work :( haha

That is my daily commute, just that I've done around 2000 miles this week as well delivering and collecting a few Audi's so have had a few different cars home this week.

Today was wheel day.

Removed the wheels and brought them inside fir cleaning, decontamination and c5 application. First time when I use c5.

53dd8e7f79f1aff67255282f19932b0f.jpg

- In the glass cleaner is actually bilberry diluted 1:2

507ee2eed599b0373fa4cbbcbec2e22b.jpg

-IPa wipe down

6ba80e4fa6499d501630e57d8c7ed56c.jpg

-after c5 application

Today was windows day.

1. Wipe all the glass with Tesco glass cleaner via microfiber mitt.

2. Werkstat Acrylic Prime via microfiber pad.

3. Once the the Acrylic Prime cured, wiped with a microfiber mitt.

4. IPA wipe (dilution 1:1).

f6ef4f4227300db8f1d245950edb1524.jpg

4305b7356b0d0b5e38fe56156f6b5bae.jpg

56ae7f7f9ab21432f0c0147a1363d237.jpg

I'm thinking to put some synthetic wax on top, any thoughts on that?

Cheers