What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Took it camping

IMG_20140906_073925_zps2lmh5zao.jpg

Manage to reverse over a huge log that pushed up the wheel housing in the boot. Thankfully when I removed the air from the airbed I pushed so much on the boot that it pushed it backed down. Only issue I can see is a small couple of chips in the spare alloy :(

Went to a car meet. The road there was more a test of nerve than anything else. Supposedly a two lane road with a cliff face on one side and a small drop to the river on the other. Bits where having a centre line was optimistic as it was about 1.7 cars wide.

Oncoming horse boxes, cyclists riding two abreast, one lane bridges, blind corners. Fun :D

16086_639774412804625_329549661715704006

Serviced it! - runs nice and sweet.

Found a screw in a rear tyre - boo!

Pulled the screw out, only in a few mm so no hissing - hooray!

Then noticed the rear brake pads are almost on the limit - boo! (looks like they're original so can't complain after 90k)

Had a fiddle with VCDS and enabled TPMS without the button - hooray!

Also fitted some mesh behind the lower part of the grill to try and protect the condensor somewhat better.

Took it in for its MOT it passed that with no advisories (£35 for a blank piece of paper, what a rip off) So I washed it this afternoon because it was getting dirty again, then my lambs-skin mitt shed its wool for winter (and I thought animals shed layers for summer but hey ho) So I went all the way back to Northallerton to get 3 new mitts. They only had 1 left.

Fitted a new HID kit from LondonColour and new LED sidelights plus checked all the headlight bulbs and connections as well as the earth strap behind the nearside headlight – all in an attempt to resolve a bulb warning every time I use main beam.

No joy – it still flags – so checked the error codes again and noted intermittent fault logged with low beam left and right levelling motors…   they work fine so I’m thinking dodgy connection or dodgy BCM???

Spot the difference:

IMG_20140322_162516_zpsc588b599.jpg

IMG_20140330_144820_zps7rydiuna.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Parked it somewhere else? 

old post I know, but I am catching up it seems on thread. 

Bought 4 centre caps for my Audi winter wheels, so will no longer drive a Skaudi.

Spotted them on eBay then realised the place selling them was only 1 mile from a site I was working on today - result!

These are the centre caps on the 16" Vega alloys by the way.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Took it to The Museum of Speed, Pendine Beach, Wales today...

IMG_20140919_112922_zpslexczxfz.jpg

IMG_20140919_112937_zpsarobfc6y.jpg

Came back out to the car park, these had parked up.

IMG_20140919_130601_zpshd8fw6vc.jpg

I wouldn't have minded them parking next to me rather than in front... :D

he he - Babs - I used to work with - Geraint Wyn Owen - he's Owen Wyn Owen's son - the guy who dug up Babs from Pendine Sands...  He now works as a senior engineering lecturer at Bath Uni and has a penchant for vintage cars and monowheels...

• Like 1