What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Got grumpy with both of them.

Matilda ( Octy) failed her MOT. I was fairly certain her n/s shock absorber would fail but she failed her emissions test too.

You should have taken it to VW  :p

Cannibalised a passat climatronic unit for the lcd display and fitted it to my superb so I have a functioning display but still the green back lighting so very happy fix for a tenner.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pics?

Edited by zeffania
  • Like 1

You should have taken it to VW [emoji14]

pics?

Not a lot to show buddy, my original had some of the digits not working on the heater display so I stripped a unit from a passat and just used the lcd display in my own climatronic unit so it still have the skoda green back lighting instead of the blue vw.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MoT day for the Octavia. Booked into Western VW Fort Kinnaird near Edinburgh for only £39.

Failed on 2 points:

- Headlights too low (i already suspected they were out of position).

- Front Brakes imbalanced

Is there a way to reset the Xenon height/position with VCDS? Would be nice to know for the future, VW are charging me £30 for the privilege! :dull:

Brakes have been suspected needing replacement for a while. Yours for £259 sir. Hoping this will solve the slight imbalance, hope it's not a sticky caliper. :sweat:

On a plus note, it sailed through it's emissions testing!!  :p

Is there a way to reset the Xenon height/position with VCDS? Would be nice to know for the future, VW are charging me £30 for the privilege! :dull:

Xenon headlights need beam adjusting, just like standard halogen. Wish more people realised this - particularly those in Range Rovers and BMW/Merc SUVs.....

Have a look here: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=967086

They adjust using the same adjusters as Halogen headlights... BUT the car needs to be hooked up to VCDS (or the dealers VAS / ODIS) before they are adjusted!

• Like 1

They adjust using the same adjusters as Halogen headlights... BUT the car needs to be hooked up to VCDS (or the dealers VAS / ODIS) before they are adjusted!

Yes, important point! That could end quite badly for a xenon setup otherwise......

8am this morning dropped it off at t ' garage. 1.45pm collected an MOT passed Octavia with new drop links, shocks and mounts.

She feels soooo much better on the roads.

[emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cook it.

Seriously though, I have no idea what's up with it after motorway runs! I pull in to the service stations and it smells strongly of burning plastic as soon as I get out of the car! It's been doing it for a while now and I just can't pinpoint where it's coming from.

Cook it.

Seriously though, I have no idea what's up with it after motorway runs! I pull in to the service stations and it smells strongly of burning plastic as soon as I get out of the car! It's been doing it for a while now and I just can't pinpoint where it's coming from.

loose under belly tray pushing onto road surface when moving due to air flow?? See alot of boras and golfs driving around with under trays flapping along.. i thunk you'd notice the dragging noise though?

loose under belly tray pushing onto road surface when moving due to air flow?? See alot of boras and golfs driving around with under trays flapping along.. i thunk you'd notice the dragging noise though?

Astra's too!