Genuine VCDS (AKA Vag Com) Hex + Can USB inter-forum Group Buy 2010.

gadgetman

Given that tomorrow I'm going for day surgery (really quite frightened), have spent most evenings on this rather than with SWMBO etc you can understand I'm not in the best of moods, and this hasnt helped.

So:

- I am very unlikely to be online tomorrow. I will be back Saturday.

Best wishes for tomorrow and rest up 'till Monday - we can wait!

Edited by Fred_Bristol

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tomorrow I'm going for day surgery

Good luck gadgetman, you couldn't be in better hands, they do this stuff day in day out :thumbup:

Heard a belter of a joke so hopefully this'll put a smile on your face like it did mine! :giggle:

Guy walks into a Library and says, "have you got any books on shelves?"

Librarian says, "they're all on shelves" :yes:

Got another one...

Guy walks into a library says, "can i have a fish supper and a bottle of irn bru?"

Librarian says "do you realise this is a library?"

Guy says "oh, sorry."

Guy whispers "can i have a fish supper and a bottle of irn bru?"

:rofl:

yeah yeah i know... :giggle:

Guy walks into a Library and says, "have you got any books on shelves?"

Librarian says, "they're all on shelves" :yes:

Got another one...

Guy walks into a library says, "can i have a fish supper and a bottle of irn bru?"

Librarian says "do you realise this is a library?"

Guy says "oh, sorry."

Guy whispers "can i have a fish supper and a bottle of irn bru?"

:rofl:

yeah yeah i know... :giggle:

rimshot.gif

LOL, thanks all.

Just a reminder for all those that have sent payments to check your bank hasnt bounced it - almost a certainty if Abbey for some really odd reason.

If you bank does bounce payment, PM me immediately(do not do anything until I've replied) and I can advise how we cant sort it.

Right, now some TLC from SWMB and bed. Torture chamber opens at 6am the letter says! :o

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you Simon.

And to anyone that might have been moaning really if you have not done a groupbuy for a club then dont comment, it takes alot of the persons time and sometimes money to sort this out so really cut the guy some slack and be thankful Simon has got this one going. And anyone that has done a groupbuy and is making comments...............shame on you!

Dunno who it was n dont want to, but I would say that if you dont trust a groupbuy, then dont order...simples !

The guys a mod with a billion postcount and he`s doing us all a favour !

Hope the surgery went well fella ! :)

Dunno who it was n dont want to, but I would say that if you dont trust a groupbuy, then dont order...simples !

The guys a mod with a billion postcount and he`s doing us all a favour !

Hope the surgery went well fella ! :)

Exactly what I was thinking.

Good luck.

Sorry for the venting.

Entirely understandable! Don't let a few detractors get you down - I'm sure most people in the GB are just extremely grateful to you for all your hard work and patience so save us tightwads a few quids! emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Hope everything went OK for you on Friday, and you're resting and relaxing instead of thinking about this. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

- There will be NO MORE ADDITIONS TO THIS GB. If you're name's not already down on the list I'm sorry but I dont have the time or the inkling after those comments to add anyone else.

If you not all ready on the list, You will be too late to join

Edited by sjolliff

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind words and PM's.

News of me fleeing to somewhere hot are greatly exaggerated - I wish it was true, especially in the hospital when the consultant said "You do realise this is one of the most painful ops I do?". Well thanks for telling me that earlier :'(

I specifically joined this board for the GB as I don't own a Skoda and can I just say that I'm quite embarrassed for whoever has given gadgetman grief over this.

I obviously don't know the politics of this board but what I do know is the sheer effort involved in organising such an undertaking. It's obvious that gadgetman's doing it for the benefit of others - and even for some like me who are really only here to take advantage and then we'll be gone!

So I for one am grateful to gadgetman for accepting non-Briskodians' and to all the detractors, get a life!

Hope the op went well gadgetman and good luck to you and your family!

Mark

Edited by Mark A5

I specifically joined this board for the GB as I don't own a Skoda and can I just say that I'm quite embarrassed for whoever has given gadgetman grief over this.

I obviously don't know the politics of this board but what I do know is the sheer effort involved in organising such an undertaking. It's obvious that gadgetman's doing it for the benefit of others - and even for some like me who are really only here to take advantage and then we'll be gone!

So I for one am grateful to gadgetman for accepting non-Briskodians' and to all the detractors, get a life!

Hope the op went well gadgetman and good luck to you and your family!

Mark

I whole heartedly agree with detractors getting a life and fully appreceiate the time and effort that is needed to arrange a group buy having arranged one or two myself, not of this magnitude I grant you.

My apologies if I'm reading too much into this, but your comments about your "embarrasment" and "the polotics of this board" appear to imply that the hassle that Simon has had is down to a member of Briskoda.

I have read (twice) Simon's post about the hassle he has had, and as far as I can see he doesn't mention that the "hasslee" so to speak, is/was a member on Briskoda.

If indeed the hasslee is a member on here then they need to be shot! Twice!

Edited by Jonny5ive

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind words and PM's.

News of me fleeing to somewhere hot are greatly exaggerated - I wish it was true, especially in the hospital when the consultant said "You do realise this is one of the most painful ops I do?". Well thanks for telling me that earlier :'(

Look on the bright side, It may have been "one of the most painful ops he does" because it gives him a pain!

Hope all is going well and thank you for organising the group buy.

Simon / Gadgetman

Just passing my thanks for this GB also. I was passed this GB info from another member on A5OC and having done a group buy years ago on a Honda board I know the effort involved, especially in keeping track of monies and dealing with the vendor to purchase the goods, let alone all the shipping you might have to deal with.

I may not know you personally, but that doesnt detract from the fact I (as I'm sure the others) am extremely grateful for all your help in organising and delivering this GB, let alone dealing with your surgery.

All the best and thanks again.

Andy

Hi Simon / Gadgetman

Hope you are feeling OK this morning.

Appreciate your hard work on this group buy, lots of paper work, PM's and chasing up etc, don't envy you.

I hope you get a "free" VCDS out of it.

Looks like the VCDS will turn up before my vRS does ! :D

Edited by Spudhoolio

Hi Gadgetman,

I wanted to echo the sentiments above.

It's a shame you got some grief, but I'm glad they didn't spoil it for us all.

Personally, I am very grateful for the effort you've gone to, to sort this GB out, particularly given your outing to the hospital !

Hope you're on the mend.

Thanks again.

Sent via PM and posted in the forum.

Hi All,

It is with regret that I must advise you of the following error on my part regarding the VCDS Group Buy. Please be rest assured your payments are safe, and still with me

As you are aware I received a quotation of £195 per cable (subject to min order, timescales etc) which everyone was agreeable with. Today, during final pre-order correspondence with the distributor it has become to my attention that this price was excluding VAT. as clearly stated on the written quote by "The quoted price is subject to VAT" yet mis-read by myself back in Jan and not picked up until today.

This is completely my error, and I apologise to all of you that feel let down by me.

Forgetting at this stage (I'm working on options) postage from me to you, this means a price of £229 per cable.

Based on the £201.70 requested from you all when taking payments, this means a shortfall of £27 per participant which is the VAT liable on this.

£229 for Hex+can USB is still quite a saving on the RRP of many of the UK distributors.

I have been in regular contact with the chosen distributor, V-tech UK Ltd, to see if anything can be done. However, as it stands, it is not possible for them to absorb such a sizeable shortfall from the overall group buy.

Therefore I am seeking from you how you wish to proceed in this matter, and completely understand any unhappiness towards me you may have.

Regards,

Simon

Gadgetman