THE Winter Tyres Thread

Niall

I'm still waiting on my steel wheels with Nokian WR D3's fitted, from Mytyres. Been promised will get them next week 4th Nov, exactly a month since I ordered them. Not impressed

Is there any difference at all in the Skoda supplied steel 16" wheels against the mytyres supplied ones ? Seems easiest to just order the package rather than get the wheels from the dealer and tyres from elsewhere. But just wanted to check.

Is there any difference at all in the Skoda supplied steel 16" wheels against the mytyres supplied ones ? Seems easiest to just order the package rather than get the wheels from the dealer and tyres from elsewhere. But just wanted to check.

Don't their website mention "five hole steel wheels"? The 6J Å koda ones have 14 holes and the 7J have 18 holes. Also the bit around the nuts is apparently more "dishy" on the mytyre wheels meaning the VW Caddy bigger centre caps don't fit. The smaller Caddy caps do fit.

OK...mine arrived early last week from MyTyres....all at the same time!

Lucky sod - mine were due for delivery this Friday-ish. So I was surprised when, 4 days early, DPD delivered two of them to my home in Yorkshire. Alas they sent the other two on a trip to Essex. Hopefully they'll be back in a day or two - I'll be keeping an eye on DPD's tracking site.

I dunno, they make it all the way from Germany to Oldbury without incident then somehow they get split into pairs and sent to different counties. Muppets.

My mis-routed pair arrived today so that's the full set ready to go onto my Octy in the next week or so.

I have to admit they looked huge and I thought that they were the wrong ones - regular tyres are 205/60R15 and these winters are 195/65R15. Turns out there's only about 1cm difference in diameter. Phew!

I notice that the steel wheel option with winter tyres from Mytyres are 185/55/15" ?????

Plus can anyone who've bought the steel wheel/winter tyre combination fro Mytyres pst a picture to show what the wheel looks like.

Edited by vRS G60

I notice that the steel wheel option with winter tyres from Mytyres are 185/55/15" ?????

Plus can anyone who've bought the steel wheel/winter tyre combination fro Mytyres pst a picture to show what the wheel looks like.

They look like these:-

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/15_Inch_Steel_Wheels_for_Skoda_Fabia__3545

John

So £85 for 185/55/15 Nankang SV 2 winter tyre + steel wheel seems a bargain to me. Especially seeing the tyres alone are £76

Thats what I bought :thumbup:

The 15" wheels DO fit the Fabia Mk2 vRS.

John

Edited by jcm

I have finally managed to:

A: spray my horrid black winter wheels silver and

B: fix proper Škoda centre badges to my VW Caddy centre caps.

To see the process have a look at this thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/217147-black-winter-wheels-finally-going-silver/

379775_10150337130426324_671901323_8424791_1459765355_n.jpg

Just received my Avon Ice Touring STs, which were £88 when I bought them, from Oponeo to go on the alloys I got from vRS Pagey a week ago.

I can't complement Oponeo enough, I ended up calling them a couple of times to check things and the girl at the other end of the line was superb and delivery was great, ordered Friday afternoon delivered lunch time today :)

My Ultragrip 8 and steel wheels are now on. Three of the alloy Summer Tyre wheels are in the Garage and the fourth is in the boot of the car fitted with http://the spare wheel kit. The Greenline only comes with the goo and compressor. I've finished it off with some ALDI wheel covers. They don't look too bad and from a distance (if you squint and sun is in your eyes ;) ) look like the alloys.

Not been anywhere yet so no idea of the performance.

Edit:

First drive into work this morning, seems a little quieter than the summer tyres. Fuel consumption seemed a little lower - (but the motorway was quiet this morning so I might have been travelling a bit faster than normal). Can't say I noticed any other difference.

386525_2235500255514_1488207953_32311309_408142393_n.jpg

Edited by io1901

Just to throw my tuppence worth in the pot...

Last winter I shoved Vredestein Snowtrac 3`s on to my Panda Multijet and they worked a treat, I only fitted fronts and, as it has been said on here before, if you`re a dab hand at opposite lock then fine but it was played out to me one morning going a little fast around a tight corner that the rears need the same winter tyre fitting as the fronts as the front wheels gripped but the rear of the car span - badly. I was left giggling but that might not have been the case so this year snow tyres are fitted all round.

The VRS will stay at home when the weather turns nasty as it`s too good to be risked out there in moronland! :| If you can`t get people in silver / grey cars to turn their *7%$@*!! lights on in the foggy drizzly mornings then what hope do we have that they`ll actually be capable of controlling their Audi`s and BMW`s in the snow and ice?! :doh:

We've used the Vredestine Wintrac Xtreme's on the front only of the wife's Kia Cee'd for 2 winters now with no problems - this year, she's got two new shiney Pirelli SottZero's on the front and the 2 season old vred's on the back. - Should be good :)

Al.

Not sure if this question has been aske already but cannot find it.

When fitting winter wheels on steel rims do you need to use different wheel nuts than the ones with the alloys?

In a word; No (providing you are using OE spec alloy/steel wheels).

It's as if you are fitting your spare (steelie) wheel x 4 - assuming you have one.

Not sure if this question has been aske already but cannot find it.

When fitting winter wheels on steel rims do you need to use different wheel nuts than the ones with the alloys?

Provided you are using OEM alloys and OEM steels you can use the same bolts :thumbup:

edit: bahnstormer vrs beat me to it :giggle:

Edited by JulieD