Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Not a problem. Don't think I went over 65 for more than a couple of miles. I was driving to preserve fuel and money!!

We did the whole journey, from here to near Ipswich and back on one tank of fuel!! Maxidot average was 52.6!!

it is a really interesting challenge, to drive carefully to conserve fuel - and it can be really enjoyable as you get to actually see the countryside you're going through. Mind you - that A14 is a bit deadly boring!!

it is a really interesting challenge, to drive carefully to conserve fuel - and it can be really enjoyable as you get to actually see the countryside you're going through. Mind you - that A14 is a bit deadly boring!!

A14.....yawn :S

Still it was nice and sunny after Cambridge.

Just checked my fuel receipt:

543 miles

48 ltr

= 51.36mpg

Certainly can't complain at that!

I parked next to a white 4x4 at Valley Centertainment, Sheffield this morning. I guess they parked quickly and ran for a tram as it's not parked pretty. d53b8a69.jpg

Stewart

I parked next to a white 4x4 at Valley Centertainment, Sheffield this morning. I guess they parked quickly and ran for a tram as it's not parked pretty.

Stewart

That isn't parking - it's abandoning!

Yeti spotting in Europe ... well they're still a rare beast, but we did register a few sightings on our trip across Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France (with forays into Italy and Switzerland) - mainly close to the Alps. Maybe that's their natural habitat?

The first was a grey/silver French registered car, near Nantua, heading the opposite way to us on the motorway. Spotted another silver French number parked in the centre of Samoens a couple of times during our first week. Then on the way to Chamonix/Argentiere spotted two Italian registered cars within 20 minutes of each other, one black, one white. In Chamonix I saw a '60 plate UK car in steel grey (SP60 A**) parked near the Aiguille du Midi cable car station . My wife thought I was bonkers as I proceeded to do a 360 degree turn at the next roundabout to come back and park near it to take a picture of the two cars together. On the way home kept pace with another silver French car on the A31 near Domremy for about 10 miles before he turned off. Finally at 9.15 this morning, unloaded from the ferry at Hull and heading west along the M62 between there and the A1, spotted a Muscovado car heading east ... any of you?

The Berlin pic is the first i've seen on the steel rims.

Winter tyres are compulsory in Germany for the first time this year. So presume he's got some steelies for winter.

Stewart

Saw a nice red Yeti on the M40 northbound on Friday morning. I did wave, but not sure if he saw me. Also saw a muscovado one just outside hull, flashed him, but no response at all.

It must be something to do with the time/place that Yeti spotting yields results.

On my usual weekday routine of commuting into N London early and returning home late(ish), I usually do not see another one at all.

However I'm at home today and have just been out over lunchtime with my wife to a couple of Garden Centres in Codicote (in her Roomster) and saw a Palmers of Watford supplied 10 reg Yeti in Muscavado with Annapurnas, twin chrome exhaust tailpipes and drivers window wind deflector parked in one of the Garden Centre Car Parks. It looked very smart. :thumbup:

Just a quick "Hello" to the owner of the white Yeti (if you're on here) that flashed at me about 7:20pm this evening on the A10 in Cambridgeshire between Cambridge and Ely - I was in the red Yeti going the other way, sorry I didn't flash back, by the time I'd seen you it was too late although I did manage to put my hand up.

Hardly see any round here at all and it was nice to get a flash of recognition, next time I'll try to be more awake (long day at work), so I can flash back :D

My 140 DSG Elegance (with sunroof) in Muscovado has now been on order almost 4 weeks and all I can do is dream about ever getting it! Not expecting any contact from dealer until early May!!

Cheers

Peter

Only waited 3 months for mine (no sunroof) - hell, that 3 months goes slow!

Probably impossible, but try to find something else to think about......

Only waited 3 months for mine (no sunroof) - hell, that 3 months goes slow!

Probably impossible, but try to find something else to think about......

Like this maybe ? :love:

post-68715-0-19959700-1301505116_thumb.jpg

post-68715-0-99608500-1301505179_thumb.jpg

After one and a half years of being the only Yeti on the block (or so I thought) I see two this morning, both in the car park of Tesco's Porthmadog. one Muscavado and the other Cappucino like mine.

They are getting very common.