Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Pillock! :giggle:

Fair comment-it was a pillock post but when I posted i was caught up in the teacup/storm effect of a few posts being moved and an inflow of new posters all of which seemed to be Octy owners.

I am getting over it and all of us who want to stick around need to take a deep breath and get on with life.

I doubt that a Yeti spotting thread will "disappear".

Fair comment-it was a pillock post but when I posted i was caught up in the teacup/storm effect of a few posts being moved and an inflow of new posters all of which seemed to be Octy owners.

I am getting over it and all of us who want to stick around need to take a deep breath and get on with life.

I doubt that a Yeti spotting thread will "disappear".

:D

I didn't even think it was about that.

I just had a mental picture of St Albans station any time of day.

Though it was funny for the same reason.

I'm kind of over it too.

:D

I didn't even think it was about that.

I just had a mental picture of St Albans station any time of day.

Though it was funny for the same reason.

I'm kind of over it too.

Reminds me of the time a traffic warden at Glasgow airport directed me into the taxi rank and then last month at Edinburgh airport when a taxi flagged me down and asked for directions to the rank. I had to explain not all Skodas are taxis

:-)

Passed a Red (I think) one about 1.00pm this afternoon on the M66/A56 north of Bury in Lancashire, going up the hill towards Accrington - I was pushing it a bit as I was heading for Blackburn and trying to get round the closure of both the M6 and the M61, and still make a 2.00pm appointment (I did - just) I flashed my 4-ways when I had passed, but no response that I could see, looked like a slightly older couple ( not that I'm that young!!) Even though I had pushed it a bit the Maxidot still showed 44mpg when I stopped in Blackburn...

M6, M61 (still)plus the M65 all closed when I returned, ended up going across country via Chorley, took hours, should have gone back down the M66!!

Very nice shiny black one, MA11 *** parked on Emm Lane, Bradford about 9.00 this morning. I do think the Yeti looks classy in black.

Very nice shiny black one, MA11 *** parked on Emm Lane, Bradford about 9.00 this morning. I do think the Yeti looks classy in black.

when I suggested another black car (my last Octavia was black) it was suggested to me thata black yeti would look like a hearse (anda red one like postman pat's van)

:wonder:

Looked out of my 'box window earlier and saw a nice blue and muddy Yeti going into Ludlow Racecourse. Seems there is a Vet's Conference there today, so there is another vet, other than Freshacre, driving a Snow Monster.

After a relative dearth of Yetis here in Portsmouth, I finally located one , a silver 10 plate with a cherished number plate spelling out a suitably marine theme , where? 4 doors up on the other side of the road! :rofl:

Incidentally, my wait continues , ordered end of May now due "early January " :'(

Edited by yoda47

I was at the Yorshire Dales last weekend and travelled down the M74 and M6 from the west of Scotland. Was telling my friend that I had ordered a Yeti so decided that I would point one out to her on the way. Never saw one all weekend!!!! :giggle:

I saw a nice White yeti in Cheam village this morning, whilst in my Roomster, had a plate T** YET. The driver did glance up as he went by, so I wonder if he is a member on here?

I can't tell a lie, I have to own up to visiting Cheam Village once in a while......... :giggle:;)

Snowmonster is still a rare beast in our bit of London, in spite of James Rothwells best efforts at Allams :yes:

This is a 'non-spotting' post - just been to North Wales for 6 days - did not see a single Yeti on the journey there/back or in Wales itself- very surprising. However, I was reliably informed that a member of the Llanberis mountain rescue team has a Muscavado 4X4 TDI Yeti (like mine)that regularly goes up the Miner's track on Snowdon to help on rescues. Any North Wales members here know anything about this Yeti ?

Cheers

Pete

Spotted a White 1.2 Tsi french regd Yeti in Caromb, Provence recently. It belongs to the family who own the (very good) pizza shop there and it's used for local deliveries. Only Yeti I've seen in France so far.

Still love the colour of my Amazonian Green Yeti.

Spotted a White 1.2 Tsi french regd Yeti in Caromb, Provence recently. It belongs to the family who own the (very good) pizza shop there and it's used for local deliveries. Only Yeti I've seen in France so far.

Still love the colour of my Amazonian Green Yeti.

Amazonian green is by far the best colour for a Yeti. Crazy to stop doing it!