Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Ordered a 1.2 DSG SE Est in Corrida on 22nd Jan 2011. Was told to expect the car May/June.

Some weeks later we were told prelim build date week 21 (23rd May)

We are now told week 28 (11 July) Which presumably means mid August delivery :'(

As others have suggested, could it be the DSG is holding things up? Anyone heard of any problems with the DSG they might be trying to sort which is delaying deliveries?

1.2TSI and DSG is proving to be a very popular choice and I think demand is simply too much hence the long lead times

I dont have too much of a problem with the wait, although sooner would be better of course :giggle:

its the lack of communication that irritates me :wonder:

Ordered a 1.2 DSG SE Est in Corrida on 22nd Jan 2011. Was told to expect the car May/June.

Some weeks later we were told prelim build date week 21 (23rd May)

We are now told week 28 (11 July) Which presumably means mid August delivery :'(

As others have suggested, could it be the DSG is holding things up? Anyone heard of any problems with the DSG they might be trying to sort which is delaying deliveries?

I have the same colour and model also promised build week 28, mine was ordered early December. Both the DSG and the TSI are in short supply.

Hello All

Ordered a 1.2 TSI DSG Elegance hatch over the weekend for the little lady - just managed to catch the 20% deal! Have been quoted delivery as late as December!! :wonder: Not overly concerned as we have been given a guaranteed price for our part exchange and the dealer reckons this could well improve - we shall see. I gather the combination of the 1.2 TSI and the DSG box is responsible for such a lengthy wait. They do say patience is a virtue!!!

The issues highlighted on here prompted me to email the dealer yesterday. I was concerned that the delay might result in a re-valued P/X. Dealer emailed back today saying "the deal's the deal" (my words)So, communications are good (he's been pretty good to dat TBH) and deliveries are a problem all around. So, all in all it seems I'm not so badly off then.

Just need to decide if we want to wait until August now!

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated :thumbup:

PXs must be quite a big risk sometimes. When I got a price for my pc they didn't even drive it. I guess they make a loss on some pxs but make a packet on most.

Emailed the dealer today as he asked me too. He come back too me and said that I still haven't gotna build date as of yet but he said that my car will now be a 2012 model, which is good in one way but bad for the wait :( He also said that most cars now are coming out as a 2012 model. Dunno if he's trying to shoo me off or he's talking sense but hopefully I will have a build date soon as I cant stand waiting.

is there much of a difference between the 2011 and 2012??

one seems to be the black pack but is that all??

This is probably what he means but just wanted to make sure on here if anyone else has had the same thing said to them :S. Or can anyone shed any light on it. Hopefully it comes with the black pack that would be sweet as i ordered candy white with black grigaros aswell :D.

on a simiar note is it just the vrs or do all fabias become my2012 and what changes if any will there be. Sory if im being a complete noob, this is my first brand new car so its all new to me!

As i recall along with the black pack there is a difference to the radio antenna also.

I also think that the Skoda badge will be changing from green to grey but could be wrong.

Spoke to Skoda UK this morning to see if they had any updates for me. They stated all build dates were temporarily off the system as this week into the next is when the factory is preparing and implementing the new MY12 models. He stated hopefully from next friday they'll all be put back on an updated. *siiiiigggghhhh* :wonder:

i dont know how this will affect my order,i was given a provisional week 19 build a month ago and i called skoda last week and they said i now had a confirmed week 19 build and would be built next week, so hopefully this is the case and mine will be built next week.

Placed an order for a vRS estate early Feb

Just had a conversation with my dealer

"If you leave the satnav on the order then they will not even give a leadtime at the moment"

"And if I delete it from the order ?"

"Should come up with a build date more or less straight away"

"Lets lose it"

Going to retrofit a Columbus ....

Ricko

Spoke to Skoda UK this morning to see if they had any updates for me. They stated all build dates were temporarily off the system as this week into the next is when the factory is preparing and implementing the new MY12 models. He stated hopefully from next friday they'll all be put back on an updated. *siiiiigggghhhh* :wonder:

this is what happened to me today also when i phoned skoda, tho the girl said if she could get any information tomorrow that they would ring me .

Placed an order for a vRS estate early Feb

Just had a conversation with my dealer

"If you leave the satnav on the order then they will not even give a leadtime at the moment"

"And if I delete it from the order ?"

"Should come up with a build date more or less straight away"

"Lets lose it"

Going to retrofit a Columbus ....

Ricko

what a ****in lie.. :)

I ordered mine fabia 1.2 tsi dsg in oct 2010 and since week 14 I have had none build-week.. AND I DONT HAVE ANY SATNAV ADDED...

SLOWDA elastic calendar

Originally posted 1 April then updated 19 April then updated 6 May

Fabia hatch SE 1.2 TSI 105 PS with DSG, Pacific Blue + cruise control, rear parking sensors and others.

Ordered 21 Feb 2011, build week 20 given on 1 March

Dealer called 19 April 2011 to say my car is now week 22. I called dealer 6 May. In the 2.5 weeks since 19 April, the build week has move 3.5 weeks back to WEEK 26 .With delivery around 28 July it might be 18 weeks from order to delivery.

retiredbri

Just how genuine is a confirmed build date. I've been told my car is confirmed for build week 20. Dose this mean the car will built then or has any one had a confirmed build week only to have the car knocked back to later in the year.

Got an answer from skoda today after the mail I sent for one week ago.. its the SAME e-mail I got for one months ago! and this time I explaned that my dealer DONT have info about my car.. but it looks like they send standar e-mail to all..

Its ****in ridiculous that they can act like this! yes it says in the e-mail that standard delivery is approx 3-4 months.. but hell!! I have waited almost 7 months now!! and they just give a **** in it.

Some heads in that factory shuld ****in roll!!

-----

Dear xx

thank you for your email. Please note, that standard delivery time, which is approx. 3 - 4 month worldwide, in case that demand exceeds supply is possible to extend the period. All models Škoda Auto is among very popular and the delivery time was extended in all countries.

Believe us we are working hard on increasing production capacity, but it may take some time to saturate demand across all countries.

For current status of order, contact please directly dealer or importer in your country.

Thank you for understanding.

Besr regards

Daniela Auerhannová

[email protected]

Škoda Info-Line 800 600 000

Just how genuine is a confirmed build date. I've been told my car is confirmed for build week 20. Dose this mean the car will built then or has any one had a confirmed build week only to have the car knocked back to later in the year.

Having spoken to SLOWDA UK 6 May, mine is build week 26 but NOT confirmed. The guy said once it is Confirmed, it will be built. So, as far as I can see, my unconfirmed build week can go on moving to the right forever.

He did not offer any explanation, mine is with 1.2TSI & DSG but no SatNav (that I understand is holding things up).

I have a feeling that the SLOWDA UK guy that I spoke to in April was right when he said it will be week 38 to 45 before any TSI's appear in the UK. I think all dealers are being told to "add" a few weeks to the dates each time a customer calls to keep them sweet.

vRS and Greenlines do not seem to be suffering as much!

Finally, [on the Website] Skoda are offering 5% off on Fabia's till end June!!!!!! and a mysterious Fabia 3 is appearing in the small print (but with no further details given).

retiredbri

Edited by retiredbri