Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

ordered my vrs on the 24/01 delivery was due this week. only after a bit of chasing i have now been advised its not due to be built until week 42. alright it was a blinding deal but waiting 9 months for a car is a joke. it is not as if i have gone mad with the options either. skoda customer service are nice but fairly ineffective.

My dealer told me the worst case scenario - i.e. - not being able to afford the car when it arrives for whatever reason - they would put the car in the showroom for sale and refund the whole deposit when it sells.

It's not just the deposit (I would be furious if I didn't get the full amount returned after waiting this long).My trade in will have also lost 6 months value if I go elsewhere. If I did decide to cancel I'd be looking for some compensation for this.

I agree on the trade in. I'm trading in my '08 Plate Octy vRS TDi which Glass' said was worth about £8k ish and the dealer is offering me nearly £10k which I know I wouldn't get if I cancelled and went elsewhere (especially as it has had a few thousand extra miles on it since March).

Ordered my VRS last Friday (20-5-11)

Candy White hatchback with Black roof

Black wheels

Satnav

Heated seats

Armrest

Climate control

Electric rear windows

PDC

+Free mats :p

Was given a provisional build week of 33 a couple of hours later.

/David

Edited by dbryder

Scout / Aqua Blue / 2.0 TD CR / Extras: sunroof VBF Multi F Maxi Dot / ordered 16/11/2010 - last update 29 weeks (4 weeks ago) no further news - this is turuning into a public relations disaster for Skoda. The common thread though seems to be the "12 weeks" initially quoted by the sales folks........ looking forward to some compensation / free upgrades.

Fabia VRs Yellow/Black Alloys, Auto A/C, Rear Sensors

21/02/2011 Ordered

Estimated Build Week 16

Later confirmed Build Week 17 (25/4 to 29/4)

18/05/2011 Confirmed Built Week 17 (i.e. 2 weeks previously)

25/05/2011 Dealer couldn't access Skoda system (successive errors shown on computer screen)

27/05/2011 Now given Build Week 40

WTF?

What have they done? UNBUILT the car and returned the parts to the factory so they can re-build it later.

Have they given my car to someone else (a friend of one of the directors perhaps)?

It would appear that "confirmed" doesn't mean anything in Skoda's language - Beware!

Ordered my partners Fabia (1.2SE DSG Est)22 Jan. Was told delivery would be "June or possibly earlier" The build week was originally stated to be 21 "but that could drift forward" Well it did drift, but not forward. They have an estimated BW 28 which would mean we get the car early to mid Aug.

I asked about the PX value, and have been told that "it's fixed, the problem is Skoda's, not your's - we will stick by the valuation" Happy with that. Now however, the n/s front wheel bearing has started to get noisy! We got a quote from Honda (her current car) and they are saying £200 plus to replace the bearing. (I know that seems a lot, but it's a hub assembly not just the bearing)

Anyway, seems to me that had we ordered any other car, we would have been in it by now and this repair cost would have gone with the Honda. Feels like we are being penalised for our loyalty as we could easily have gone for something different but decided to stick with Skoda due to their good standing in the JD Power ratings etc.

:'(

Ordered my partners Fabia (1.2SE DSG Est)22 Jan. Was told delivery would be "June or possibly earlier" The build week was originally stated to be 21 "but that could drift forward" Well it did drift, but not forward. They have an estimated BW 28 which would mean we get the car early to mid Aug.

I asked about the PX value, and have been told that "it's fixed, the problem is Skoda's, not your's - we will stick by the valuation" Happy with that. Now however, the n/s front wheel bearing has started to get noisy! We got a quote from Honda (her current car) and they are saying £200 plus to replace the bearing. (I know that seems a lot, but it's a hub assembly not just the bearing)

Anyway, seems to me that had we ordered any other car, we would have been in it by now and this repair cost would have gone with the Honda. Feels like we are being penalised for our loyalty as we could easily have gone for something different but decided to stick with Skoda due to their good standing in the JD Power ratings etc.

:'(

its because of the dsg.. u wont get your car before week 52 or week 14 (next year)...

I ordered the same car as u in oct 2010.. build-week 46 now (about 1 year wait).

its because of the dsg.. u wont get your car before week 52 or week 14 (next year)...

I ordered the same car as u in oct 2010.. build-week 46 now (about 1 year wait).

Not really the point though eh? ;)

try a call to skoda uk they may asist

they offered to pay part bill of service and mot on my mx5

I have put it to the Dealer, will let you know how I get on :thumbup:

Fabia VRS Estate

Rally Green

Black Alloys

Parking Sensors

Electric Sunroof

Curve Projector headlights

Headlight washers

Climate Control

Cruise Control

Storage Boxes

Sunglasses Storage

3rd Rear headrest

Front Armrest

Mud Guards

Ordered 13-2-11 [Week 6]

30-5-11: Build week 25 Confirmed - expect delivery mid July

14-6-11: Car has entered production today! :) (Week 24)

26-6-11: Car is in transit across Belgium - expect to land on UK soil in about a weeks time :)

01-7-11: Car is status 38 - Waiting at the docks in Germany.

13-7-11: Car arrived at dealership 2pm. DVLA declaration documents arrived today to be signed. Car being preped for collection sunday! 5 months to the day for order to delivery!

Edited by Wibb

Just been in touch with my dealer and my car has been stuck at Grimsby docks since the 18th May! :o

Hope Skoda pull their finger out and get it moved or my mobile bill will be very large this month!! Just hoping mine doesn't turn into one of the 8 week delivery horror stories i've read about.

Edited by RobL

I have put it to the Dealer, will let you know how I get on :thumbup:

The dealer has said "Passed your mail onto the Sales Manager. He is waiting on some information from Skoda. I will call you by the 3rd of June hopefully with some good news...."

Not sure what to make of that. I am now hoping our car has been stuck at the docks since 18th May also, and is now on it's way here. Not holding out too much hope for that but we shall see.

Hi guys,

Just been reading through the "Black Hole" posts tonight. Had to register just to let you know this...

Ordered 1st week of January 2011

Fabia Greenline 2 Estate, standard blue, reversing sensor option

Estimate from dealer:

End of May

Estimate from Skoda customer services:

Maybe in September

Top that!

Edited by POSitality

Hi guys,

Just been reading through the "Black Hole" posts tonight. Had to register just to let you know this...

Estimate from dealer:

End of May

Maybe in September

Top that!

Wow! That's pretty poor. I ordered a Satin Grey Greenline Estate with parking sensors and I thought it was bad that people who ordered after me (26th Feb) have received their car already. I'm expecting mine end of August. Are you getting a courtesy car or any other form of compensation?

Hi guys,

Estimate from dealer:

End of May

Maybe in September

Top that!

Think I top that...

Well, we ordered Elegance Estate on Saturday 29 January, 1.6CRTDi 77KW with sunroof - picked it up Saturday 28 May - so only 4 months...! My mother ordered a similar car in April, and is looking at September. But they've taken off rear parking sensors from the elegance spec.

From my research, I blame the recession!

Skoda have (up till now) a reputation for good value for money. Can't afford that 3-series BMW? Get an Octavia. No money for a turbo-charged Golf? Get a hot-hatch Fabia.

Skoda are definitely victims of their own success here and it just seems odd to me that the Fabia has come off worst. Personally, I was expecting a fair wait for the new Greenline II engines but there are limits! Of course, we're all getting right hand drive cars so I imagine there's a lot of pressure to churn out left hand ones for everyone else in Europe.

Anyhoo, I've spoken again to my dealer again and I'm told I should hear something solid next week.

Fingers crossed!

From my research, I blame the recession!

Skoda have (up till now) a reputation for good value for money. Can't afford that 3-series BMW? Get an Octavia. No money for a turbo-charged Golf? Get a hot-hatch Fabia.

Skoda are definitely victims of their own success here and it just seems odd to me that the Fabia has come off worst. Personally, I was expecting a fair wait for the new Greenline II engines but there are limits! Of course, we're all getting right hand drive cars so I imagine there's a lot of pressure to churn out left hand ones for everyone else in Europe.

Anyhoo, I've spoken again to my dealer again and I'm told I should hear something solid next week.

Fingers crossed!

I don't see why they can't just make the RHD cars in the UK - after all this is where they will ultimately be headed and it would allow the dealer network to be better supported and I dare say that turnaround would be increased substantially.

Sadly the economic reality is that it's too expensive to make things in this county.

Factor in minimum wage, sick- and holiday-pay, and last but not least, the unions (who have done so much for car manufacturing in this country!) and we don't have a lot to offer :(

just been given build week 34 :'( not too chuffed considering i ordered end of march

absolute madness that guys on here have theirs, or its on its way, and we ordered similar times, very disappointed if im honest

i know ill get the black pack but do i want that?? only time will tell if its nice or not but to be fair they said they'd sort something out if i didnt

it WILL put me off buying another Slowda no matter how good the car is though.

there talking delivery by the first week in october which will be over 6 months and thats only if things dont change :(

i know i can cancel but id only be cutting my nose off to spite my face and then id have to start looking again, its just taking the shine off a new car. its not like i buy one every year

ho hum such is life i guess

The dealer has said "Passed your mail onto the Sales Manager. He is waiting on some information from Skoda. I will call you by the 3rd of June hopefully with some good news...."

Not sure what to make of that. I am now hoping our car has been stuck at the docks since 18th May also, and is now on it's way here. Not holding out too much hope for that but we shall see.

Well I got some good news. The dealer made contact with me today and has confirmed the compensation being offered by Skoda. In short - more than 18 weeks from order to delivery means a cheque for £150. More than 25 weeks and the cheque value doubles. We are already passed the 18 week marker and our car is due to be built (so they say) in the 25th week (BW 28)

So at least the issue with the wonky wheel bearing is pretty much covered money wise. Just hoping now that the estimated BW does not move out once again!

But credit where it's due - communications have been pretty good so far.

Edited by FinFerNan

I was told that the £150 compensation is not a cheque but vouchers which can be spent only at the Skoda Dealer and Marks and Spencer.

I was told that the £150 compensation is not a cheque but vouchers which can be spent only at the Skoda Dealer and Marks and Spencer.

looks like i could be inline for 300 smackers to use at mark's and sparks then or is this dealer specific?? that'd be all the chockys sorted for chrimbo lol