Your Yeti pet hate?

This has probably been mentioned by someone earlier on but; the B posts really restrict side 3/4 vision when pulling out of a junction, worse on the passenger side with the added assistance of seatback and headrest....

Personally I find I always need a good long squirt first thing in the morning. :giggle:

Thank god Bob is back and normality is restored! (I got a little concerned when the last we heard from him was shortly before his sailing expedition!) :whew:

• Like 3

Not so much a moan about the Yeti in so much as Skoda /VAG.

Reverse in our Yeti is 'left and up'.

Reverse in our Citigo is 'right and down'.

I have failed to count the number of times I've got it wrong.

Nothing untoward with either car but old age short term memory loss!!!

Does not the mute function depend on what radio is fitted? The Bolero on my SE is muted by pressing the volume up/down control on the steering wheel as Graham implied.

Fred ;)

I agree about the lack on rain prevention off the roof when opening a door but I'll tolerate that however, I do think that there are better designs around for folding rear seets. Overall though the Yeti is the best car I've had, so far..........

I do think that there are better designs around for folding rear seets. Overall though the Yeti is the best car I've had, so far..........

At the risk of taking the thread off-topic, that does rather beg the question: what cars have you had so far? ;)

• Like 1

At the risk of taking the thread off-topic, that does rather beg the question: what cars have you had so far? ;)

50 years of motoring adds up to quite a lot, especially as the early ones were before the days of "badge engineering". :sun:

Fred

• Like 1

... Still have no way to edit posts; add to above-

Was at a trackday here yesterday, in 30 degs of sunny bliss - got talking to a (French) mate who has a 640 bhp Dodge Viper (pretty cool) but we spent about 15 mins blah'ing about how cool his new Yeti (and ours) were - proper petrolheads love a Yeti!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bingo! Found the exact same going up the Lake District last month. It was plain dangerous as I couldn't see what was in the lane I was pulling into on the motorway. I'm going to put a mod on the car - just a 10cm strip of black right angled plastic, to hopefully deflect the wind (and rain) out from the window slightly...

I need to go & look at some older Yetis to be sure, but I think Skoda may have made an alteration to the A-pillar covers.

On my 2013 SE, the cover stands well proud of the screen, forming a gutter - just like my Roomster did. It does taper down to almost nothing at the top though, so a little bit of water escapes to the top of side window, not in the mirror region though.

(Of course, it still drips water everywhere when you open the door though - wouldn't be a Skoda if it didn't!)

• 10 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought another one, a 1.4L&K  4x4 this time, much quieter than my previous 170hp diesel Yeti.

What is really annoying me is the auto locking, eg I unlock the car and go into the boot, close the boot to get into the car but it auto locks. I don’t remember my previous one doing this and I ca find an opt to disable it?

The boot lock microswitch is not recognising the boot being opened and it is timing out.

Or does it lock all the doors at precisely the time that you close the boot?

Does it do the same when you get into the drivers seat and close the door?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Servicepoint3 said:

Locks all the doors at the same time as I close the boot. It also does the same if I open a door and then close it.

Update 

went back to it and it seems to be working correctly. 

It being not far off freezing today, it seems the running lights come on automatically. It's not a complaint, just another discovery.

I will reiterate the wiper delay problem. The full sun today is low in the sky and, with a smeary windscreen, it was tricky leaving a busy retailer's carpark with the wiper start delay. There will always be pedestrians wandering about.

I must remember also to comment that the wipers this morning, when they did start, must have been slightly stuck as they released with a loud thud, not quite a bang. They are Bosch blades but of uncertain vintage

7 minutes ago, Clockman said:

It being not far off freezing today, it seems the running lights come on automatically. It's not a complaint, just another discovery.

I think you'll find the running lights come on automatically whatever the temperature.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, freedie said:

I think you'll find the running lights come on automatically whatever the temperature.

I turned them off twice today and they persisted on coming back on after about 20 seconds but the reversing audible warning seems to have "indigestion" as well.  I'm obliged to check the reversing lights too according to the Maxidot display. I'll start with battery connections perhaps and clean a few other terminals.

• Confused 2