Show us your winter wheels

How many winters have they done, if any?

They look immaculate. I'm struggling to find any sensibly priced alloys and am worried the steelies will rust too quickly!

This will be their first winter. This is a set from Mr Winter Wheels with Dunlop 4d WinterSport (think that's the name).

Paul

• Like 1

Fresh on yesterday following my DIY wheel refurb. The alloys are from a MkI Seat Leon Cupra and just require some centres to top them off.

4c2abcb17f7c5202f3ae4ede04548f74_zps5334

8B2E61A7-D47E-41AA-97D2-3B72CC0B75B4-297

8372FAF3-1BA4-490C-A23F-0B92CC31CF96-205

The lighting in the last shot plus my iphone photography doesnt do the colour justice

• Like 1

Yes, I  remember  the thread, I played an active part in it and got me my own thread started by your self 

" The Auric Goldfinger Show "

I know, I remember, the above was simply a little piece of shameless self publicity, I'm still just chuffed I managed to not dip anything other than the wheels.

SWMBO might not see the funny side of an anthracite water resistant cat!

I won't laugh to much when I see you out on the road with the trims blue lol. The local kwik fit wants £80 to put my winters on, no a hope in hell I'm paying that to them robbers. The place across from mac d's only wants £40

I won't laugh to much when I see you out on the road with the trims blue lol. The local kwik fit wants £80 to put my winters on, no a hope in hell I'm paying that to them robbers. The place across from mac d's only wants £40

Skoda dealer only charged me 20 quid!

Hey needs must :) means I keep my alloys pristine though and besides, I don't think they look to bad. Have seen worse!

Just change them yourself, I did using just the normally jack. Got Kwik fit to check the torque on the nuts a couple of days later for free.

Paul.

Edited by VRS2012Blue

Mine went on the car Saturday. I've got a few busy weekends coming up and so they have gone on a bit early for down here, but I'd rather that then get stuck when it is too late.

Also covers me if I need to do a business trip up North.

Would like some advice please. My daughter wants to borrow my car (07 Scout) for a winter trip to Scotland, so would like to make thing as safe as poss. I have read through a few posts this morning (not too many as am at work) and am a little confused with terms such as pcd/ET50/ 5x112 etc.. I have read that 16" wheels (steel or alloy) from an Audi A4 will be ok fitted with suitable winter tyres. Would this be correct. I currently have 225/50/R17 tyres fitted. Any advice/links before I start searching eBay etc........Thanks

Am awaiting call back from insurers... but in the mean time.

Would these be ok ? http://www.ebay.co.u...d-/200973774520

Those should be fine - just confirm from the seller, what the wheel PCD is - that's the distance between the bolt holes.

You need 5x112. I think that style of Audi wheel is correct, but you want it confirmed by the seller.

Would like some advice please. My daughter wants to borrow my car (07 Scout) for a winter trip to Scotland, so would like to make thing as safe as poss. I have read through a few posts this morning (not too many as am at work) and am a little confused with terms such as pcd/ET50/ 5x112 etc.. I have read that 16" wheels (steel or alloy) from an Audi A4 will be ok fitted with suitable winter tyres. Would this be correct. I currently have 225/50/R17 tyres fitted. Any advice/links before I start searching eBay etc........Thanks

Am awaiting call back from insurers... but in the mean time.

Would these be ok ? http://www.ebay.co.u...d-/200973774520

They'll be fine, but given that you don't want or need the tyres they look very expensive for what they are - you should be able to pick up a good set of 16" Audi alloys for £100-£150

For a Skoda Octavia Scout you need...

Wheel:

A PCD of 5 x 112 (5 bolts, each with a 112mm diameter)

ET54 (offset which is the distance between the centreline of the wheel and the plane of the hub mounting surface of the wheel).

7J x 17 H2 (a 7 inch wide wheel rim with a 17 inch diameter).

Tyre:

225/45/ R17 91W

225 = tyre width

45 = tyre profile (height)

R17 = (radial) to fit a 17 inch wheel

91 = load rating

W = speed rating

A lot of people go for a smaller 16 inch wheel size as this allows for cheaper tyres and a higher profile tyre - ideal for absorbing the roughness of a winter road surface as well as maintaining the rolling radius of a standard 17" wheel (for accurate speedo readings).

Skoda recommend the following wheel and tyre in 16"...

205/55 R16 91H 6J (or 6.5J) x 16 H2 with an offset of ET50.

Loads on eBay, do you want black steel wheels (cheaper, bend rather than break but rust) or alloys (better resistance against corosion, look nicer but cost more to buy)?