58 members have voted

1. 1. Best tyre for my Diesel VRS estate

• Conti 3's
    • Goodyear F1's
    • Falken 452's
    • Michelen PS3's
    • Uniroyal Rain Sports
    • vredestein ultrac sessanta

It's entirely unmodded so doesn't need top notch performing tyres - as interested in all round performance (safety/wear etc)

And yes, I know there's lots of topics following this about but I couldn't find a poll.

And yes, I know there are other tyres but I had to stop somewhere.

Have fun (and no toyo's out of the pram please.... ;) )

(and if anyone pipes in with - you should have bought a petrol.. well... that's another poll altogether :-D - stick to the tyres)

Edited by orafus

good grief - the first two posts were for tyres that weren't even on the list :) !!

Right, I've added those two and I can't add any more 'cos the system wont let me! :) So from now on, even if you're carnally in love with another brand of tyre just vote for one of the above... :)

(Oh, and I'm highly unlikely to ever ask for the last one as I could neither spell it nor say it!)

Edited by orafus

The Vredesteins are great in wet or dry but they don't last long. Managed 6k on a set on my CR vRS.

I would go for the Contis. Grip really well and seem to last well too.

I have Michelin Pilot Exalto on my VRS...

Reasonably grippy, but rather noisy.

Had Firestone Efficient Grip on my last car - much quieter tyres.

As the Octavia is otherwise so quiet, I'll be looking for quieter tyres when the Michelin wear out.

Recently I've had Pirelli P7's and they were utter pants.

I've also had Pirelli PZero Rosso, and they were excellent, BUT when you get to 3mm tread all the grip just disappears (different compounds?).

The wife's Galaxy has Falken ZE 912 - reasonable all rounder, but fast wear rate.

Not bothered about wear, I want to put it into a corner at sensible speed, rain or dry and not end up in a hedge, I use mainly country roads. vredestein ultrac sessanta for me too, so good on my second sett :thumbup:

I've got Falken 452's on my Vrs and don't rate them at all way too noisy, all ready on the car when i had it and were brand new so just waiting for em to wear out and fit some quieter ones

Just replace my front conti2s for conti3s. Got 18000miles out of the 2s and I'm lead footed :giggle:

People bang on about road noise, but it just depends on what the roads are like where you are. If you've had the pleasure of the A50 to Stoke then you'll understand what changing surfaces make.

The 3s have good reviews and managed to get a pair fitted for £260 :thumbup:

F1 asymmetric 2 are the best all round tyre right now imo (well I put them on the front of my car). Garage I talked to said conti 3's are quite soft - so not ideal for a big heavy engine and loads of torque.

F1 asymmetric 2 are the best all round tyre right now imo (well I put them on the front of my car). Garage I talked to said conti 3's are quite soft - so not ideal for a big heavy engine and loads of torque.

A garage I spoke to said the same thing about Conti 3's, the Conti 2's I had for 20k!. In the end I decided on the Goodyear F1's

I've got MAxxis MAZ1 all round now. Been very good, plenty of grip.

On course for about 20k out of the fronts.

Good price too, I was £86 a corner.

Getting Conti 5's fitted on Weds. They have a higher tread wear index than F1's 280 vs. 240, so I'm suprised by some of the comments on here....?

Im pretty certain that is was the original assym's that had a wear index of 240 and that its now 280 on the assym 2's. That will be my next tyre after winter to replace my SC3's.

My new Octy came with Conti 2's earlier this year and I've been impressed.

Good wear and the noise is really low.

So I'll definitely be sticking to the brand and replacing with SC5's when these eventually need replacing.

ive got Goodyear Excellence on my vrs, done 14k in nearly 11 months, still got 7mm on the rears, 4mm on the front, good grip, very quiet tyres, 100 quid a corner

My VRS came with Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's which were horrible, dreaded sawtoothing, noisy

I have recently put Falkens 452's on which are okay at the momment.

However I voted for the GY Assymetrics as I had 2 sets on my previous car. Focus ST.

IMO they were fantastic, good grip, lasted well considering the performance, very good 'feel', and gave you amazing confidence in the wet.

If I could have afforded them I would have put Assymetric 2's on my VRS

I voted for the Vrede's, but only because Kumho's aren't on the list! ;)

I got Kumho's for £78 a tyre fitted.

They seem very good (been on for 4k miles so far and wearing well).

To be honest, I don't think you would go wrong with Vrede's, the Conti 3's, GY F1's, or Mich PS3's - all have great reviews.

I went with Kumho's because I trust my tyre garage and they use them on all their cars, as they are cheap but very good.

I haven't been let down so far.

H

Hi All

Voted for the Falken's - replaced the terrible sawtoothed Dunlops on the rear of the VRS and they are pretty good so far. I also have a full set of 452's on my Astravan - they have been really good - much quieter than the Bridgestones that were on from new, just as good in the dry and much better in the wet.

Will get 452's on the front of the VRS when the time comes.

Cheers

Dave

• 4 weeks later...