What made you choose your username?

grr666

There was me thinking you were a Star Wars fan and Darth was taken [emoji6][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No but DrT was

• 2 weeks later...

A few years back I as going to buy an Octavia vRS (but didn't) and the last part of my surname ends with 'well'

I want to change my username now  :yes:

Zel was originally created far more years ago than I care to think about as role playing character, and has always since I first started using the internet back in 98 or 99 been used as my online persona as it saved me having to think of something more inventive.

It unexpectedly made a jump into the real world when I was at college and ran into one class where there were no less than five Ian/Iains plus the lecturer - So I just used that there to save confusion - and it somehow stuck!  That was *tries to do the mental math* somewhere around twelve years ago, and I can probably count on one hand the number of people who don't refer to me by Zel!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Three digits of my regimental number in RNZEME.

My avatar is a self-built 1970, 1070 Austin Cooper S Mk2 on a gravel stage in the 1973 Heatway Rally.  

Edited by Warrior193
  • Like 1

i've quite a few allotments 5in total and err  - well when your 50 and you forget your tools then have to go back and forth parking walking a fir bit opening and closing gates and locks etc - for hammers , nails , digging fork , spade , gloves , seeds , pots ................ yeh you get the jist of it .

one of my plots is 3.8 miles from the others and one day i lost it , not the plot , just lost it ........ :swear:

almost half a day wasted .... in the rain .... :giggle:

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

SailorP...I spent half my career at sea (on big tankers) hence Sailor, and P is initial letter of my first name.

I use this name on other forums, haven't seen anyone else use it yet.

• Like 1

I used to be a very active glider pilot and had a half share in the one and only Yorkshire Sailplanes YS53,this was the final version of the Slingsby T53 which was a big heavy 2 seat glider with a huge/long canopy,nice glider to fly - with a man sized control column :)

My avatar is an Arkell's Beer - one of the Arkell family (Peter)  was an RAF pilot during WW2 and did agent drop/pick ups flying Westland Lysander aircraft - as portrayed in the BBC 'Moonstrike' series and the recent movie   'Allied' :wacko: LOL

Here is me with the YS53 circa 1996 'somewhere in wiltshire' and wearing my tasteful holiday shorts (99 cents in calif :))

DPW060.jpg

• Like 2

Was a traffic cop for 26 years and my collar number was TC248.....maybe some one here might even had the pleasure of that collar number on a ticket:D...and my name is Carl.I have the same user name on the RSOC forum.

• 1 month later...

Lord Raiden is a fictional character from the Mortal Kombat series by games developer Netherrealm Studios. Since as far back as I can remember he is without a doubt my favourite game character (I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a bit of a gamer geek). He is a very powerful God for a better word and is basically, made up of electricity.

Best of it, I am an electrician and often wish I had his powers. Maybe if I wire myself up to a plug socket I might just get my wish!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

As a child, I used to love drawing cars and would spend ages designing new models. Rather surprisingly, nobody from BL, Ford, VW or any other manufacturer ever approached me with a view to producing my designs so I decided to set up my own company. Needing a name for my new brand, I employed the services of a consultant (AKA my Mum) to make some suggestions. The chosen name, Kephigo (made up from bits of my forename, middle name and surname), was quite brilliant, sounding vaguely European whilst also sounding a bit like the Austin Montego, which was a car that I knew my Dad wished he would be able to afford one day. 

With a great name and some amazing designs that combined the best bits from the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazard, the A Team's GMC Ventura van, the Ford Gran Torino from Starsky and Hutch and The Fall Guy's Chevy pick-up with those from my Dad's Austin Maxi, how could the project fail?

Alas, it did due to one small oversight on my part - whilst there was absolutely nothing wrong with the designs I realise now that it was unfair of me to expect my brother to develop the engineering and business prowess to get the project off the ground. Unfortunately, he was more interested in pulling wheelies on his Grifter so I am now driving a Skoda and NOT a Kephigo. :crying:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

@Kephigo

I think you need to start a non skoda project thread and those early design artist renderings uploaded.

:D

Sadly, they've been lost in the mists of time. I do remember though that a common theme was a weird double-headlamp arrangement. If only a major motor manufacturer was ever to come across them I'm sure they'd see the potential and make it a big hit...