The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Said to someone on the pitwall that the Gold GTR was doing about 145mph at the end of the straight but the YETI looked like it was hitting 150mph so not far out with my estimate. Looked and sounded INSANE, fantastic effort by everyone involved with the PROJECT and makes every Skoda OWNER fill with PRIDE.:envy:

Edited by shyVRS245
MISSING WORD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bspman said:

Quick question - how on earth did you trace the smell of fuel to that seal?

Also.. jaw dropping bhp!

The smell was heavy in the car, but not under the bonnet our outside.

As the tank is under where the rear seats would be it's easy to check.

• Like 3

What a car, the build is a real credit to you Richard and JDR.

It is a truly fantastic project with amazing attention to detail.

and it’s flipping fast! Almost mind bending speed down the back straight.

absolutely love it

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

:ohmy:

Reminded me of a charity ride I was lucky enough to win 15 years ago in a Jaguar XJ220 at Bruntingthorpe runway. On the 3rd lap when the oil/brakes had warmed up the owner took it up to 305kph (LHD about 190mph). He said he couldn't drive it quickly when it rained which was very obvious by the fact the wind literally lifted the windscreen wipers off the screen above 180mph. Bit of a design issue then as Martin Brundle (former F1 driver) once drove one around the Nardo test facility in Italy at 217mph and described it as SCARY.:sweat:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

At Snetterton yesterday we hit a slight issue.

Initial investigation looks like a fuel leak from an injector or somewhere in the top half of the engine day.

Coming onto the Bentley straight the engine lost power, which was the Syvecs ECU cutting power due to low fuel pressure apparently.

Then it cut out.

At which point I started to get smoke in through the air vents, so pulled onto the grass and got out.

The MSV Marshals were on the scene quickly and deployed a fair number of extinguishers into the engine bay.

Then the car was recovered back and washed off before being taken back to the workshop.

1987503107_YetiFire.thumb.jpg.1cf77129b28470c75b1436f71ebae1d2.jpg

It looks a bit sorry for itself but it's not that bad.

Sure, the soft bits in the top of the engine bay have burnt/melted but all the stuff near the middle/bottom looks OK and mechanically it should be fine.

Probably need to repalce most of the top end stuff like injectors, wiring, cam covers, coolant bottle etc which started to melt in the heat.

Will update with full report when we know the full story.

Main thing is, that's a car in the picture above that still looks like a Yeti, not a burnt out shell.

It's not terminal and it can be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

5 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I’m waiting to see how much extra power the parts which are being ‘replaced give the Phoenix! ;)

If we could croudfund enough Briskoda stickers to fabricate a new bonnet I reckon we could add ~ 2769 Bhp. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No the old engien is toast.
All we can do is sell the cams off as switching to the newer design so don;t need them.

Some of the foam got into the engine.  It's toast.  Starting fresh with a better base engine.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...