Waiting List

vegit8

Looking forward to seeing some pics Steve.

Especially as its in white  :happy:

I have the 12 speaker, heated screen and spare wheel options ordered.

But mine is manual not dsg so hopefully there isn't a weight issue.

Hi Steve

I picked up my 1.2 Elegance TSI DSG last Tuesday  also in Candy white with the spare wheel and heated screen with the 12 speaker sound system. So they must be compatible ??? 

Hi Steve

I picked up my 1.2 Elegance TSI DSG last Tuesday  also in Candy white with the spare wheel and heated screen with the 12 speaker sound system. So they must be compatible ??? 

Hmm, do we think my dealer's giving me some BS then? He just said it was a weight issue. Seemingly the system they're installing Friday is somewhat more expensive. We'll see!!

I phoned the dealer today. He said my car has arrived in the UK! I will be very pleased if I get the car by next week  :dance: 

Hmm, do we think my dealer's giving me some BS then? He just said it was a weight issue. Seemingly the system they're installing Friday is somewhat more expensive. We'll see!!

Sounds like it.

I presume he is paying for this upgrade and not you?

Sounds like it.

I presume he is paying for this upgrade and not you?

Yep, he's paying. I'll find out from the guy doing the install on Friday just how much vs what I've paid for the option. Sounded like it was quite a bit more expensive, but best check!

I have had a yeti for 10 months now and when I ordered it , it took 8 months and 2 weeks to arrive, since then I have bought an audi which took 3 months to come, both through Grimsby dock. I seem to think that there is a pecking order in the vag brands......

I go past the Grimsby car storage every morning on my way to work, you'll never see any Skodas from the road - they keep them round the back in a seperate holding. Also I live round the corner from a truck stop, the car transporters often stop there and Skodas seem to go out in batches once a week and will usually have the odd VW with it too. Sometimes it's the other way round! I did see a lot of white Yetis leave last week though...

Sounds like someone missed it off the order form.  Ooops.

• Like 2

How exciting this thread has become whilst I have been away, the 5 pages read like a thriller!

I did see a train full of Skoda's whilst in Eastern Germany/Czech somewhere, and I pretty sure of the few Yeti's I spotted there was a white one on there, you never know Marie...!

The flooding has been a bit mad over there, a nightmare getting from a to b with so many bridges closed.

Fingers crossed you all get your Yeti's soon, my friends Monte Carlo was being built when I was over there, don't know if she's had any updates!

• Like 1

Just took a few pics, sorry for the poor quality, the Nexus 4 is a great phone but a terrible camera!

Day two impressions... changing to a DSG makes me more obsessed with which gear I'm in than I was before, but I'm guessing that will pass! Reverse parking using the break rather than clutch+accelerator is going to take a bit of getting used to. Does the Elegance leather interior give taller seats than the SE? Combined with the extra actual height over the Greenline I feel much taller than I expected!

My first petrol in 12 years... how many revs am I trying to stay under for the first 1000km?! Seems a whole lot harder to manage when the gears are doing their own thing!

IMG 20130702 175813

IMG 20130702 175756

IMG 20130702 175732

IMG 20130702 175526

• Like 1

Lovely pics Steve. You will soon get used to the gears, just set off & keep your eyes on the road , the car does the driving for you. I love Automatics, had a 1.9 Diesel Auto Ocatvia till May '11 (07 plate). Went to the local Skoda dealers to see what was on offer, told them I was only interested in Auotmatics, they said "Oohh, 6 months waiting list,rarer than hen's teeth etc & would have to re-asses the PX price. We do have a manual Yeti in stock if you want a test drive. Took the drive & it was love at first sight, we both loved it, gimme, gimme, must have. Did the deal, a black 1.2 SE.

At the end of April                  this year I drove down to the dealers to book a service, whilst there I was looking round the showroom I spotted a top of the range Yeti, all bells & whistles etc £26,400. A bit too much I 'm afraid.

I was up early the following day Saturday & remembered another nearby dealer, Simpson's of Colne, so I had a look on their web site. Woah, they had an Automatic (2 actually). I printed the details off & got her ladyship to give them a ring whilst I got mine washed. They still had it & we were there within the hour. Had a quick spin,not very far as the derv was in the red!. I just had to have it, managed to do a deal & I'm now the proud owner of a 2.0 Aqua Blue 4x4 Automatic  62 plate. This one has to last, no more big buys as I've now retired, Could'nt be happier.

Have read the previous couple of pages with interest, the trials & tribulations of buying a new car. Hope everything turns out Ok for you Marie. Last time I was on Skye had to take the ferry, how long ago was that? 1975 actually. Good luck!

• Like 1

^ Thanks Steve, enjoyed reading your tale above.

I've only lived on Skye for six years so wasn't here before the bridge.

I hear England is due a heatwave soon, hopefully just in time for my trip and I may then get to open the sunroof  :sun:

• Like 1

I wouldn't admit it to anyone at the time, but yesterday I wasn't sure I'd done the right thing changing to DSG and petrol. I think that was just getting used to change. After putting a hundred miles on it today.... wow, I'm so happy, the gearbox is incredible, and whilst it's not a fast car, it's most definitely not underpowered, that little 1.2 litre engine can do some amazing things! I realise you all already know this, but I just wanted to let you know I understand now  :rofl:

On another note, my previous SM is now available! It's over here for £16,450 at time of writing, so I feel pretty good about that, having got £15,775 on the part ex.

• Like 1

I think it just takes time to adjust to something as different for you as dsg (and petrol). Sounds like you're making the adjustment and liking it Steve  :happy:

Re my car, there are two boats just docked at Grimsby from Emden (sad sad person that I am for even knowing that  :giggle: ). Praying that my car is on one of them  :sweat:

Just took a few pics, sorry for the poor quality, the Nexus 4 is a great phone but a terrible camera!

A better place for pics (than this thread about waiting lists!) is here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/144075-yeti-forum-members-picture-thread/

Update:

My car arrived in Grimsby yesterday.....woohoo!!

Should be with the dealer early next week. I now have a reg number  :rock:

I will travel down to the midlands middle of the week, staying in the area for a week and a bit for a wee holiday.

So should have the car (finally!) by next thur/fri or the monday (tba).

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :cocktail:  :cocktail:  :cocktail:  :party: Only another week till the birth,  hope its not to painful :peek:  

• Like 1

Pleased for you Marie. Enjoy your holiday in the midlands ? :giggle:

And after my mini rant on 24th June I had enough of waiting for DVLA this morning so I rang them.

Spoke to a nice chap called James.

He confirmed that they started working on my reg on Wednesday!

They've had the forms for 3 weeks!

Oh well.

Good news is that it should be done by Friday next week so, fingers crossed, It should be on my drive very soon. :)

• Like 2

Update:

My car arrived in Grimsby yesterday.....woohoo!!

Should be with the dealer early next week. I now have a reg number :rock:

I will travel down to the midlands middle of the week, staying in the area for a week and a bit for a wee holiday.

So should have the car (finally!) by next thur/fri or the monday (tba).

Yay. I hope the reg starts with an S lest it be some Midlands English plate going to live in Scotland?!?!